WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I thought that was a weird reference, thanks for clearing it up.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Image
Another bit in the Observer implies WWE is convinced they have the new Austin vs Vince with a Ronda vs Stephanie feud. Good lord that is so insane to think I don't even know where to begin.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Great, so they are going to be stuffing Steph down our throats again.

Ronda will be chugging protein shakes from cans in the ring after matches. "Oh heck yeah!"

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

:psyduck: See I said the new McMahon-Helmsley era was gonna be coming back.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Great, so they are going to be stuffing Steph down our throats again.

Ronda will be chugging protein shakes from cans in the ring after matches. "Oh heck yeah!"
She'll be over huge with Vince since he drinks a case of Muscle Milk every day. "GODDAMN PAL, SHE'S JUST LIKE ME IF I WAS A WOMAN!"

They're missing what got Austin vs McMahon over was both guys were incredible promos. Whereas Stephanie is just a nag and Ronda doesn’t have any charisma. She was a star because she won exciting fights, but she never talked up a fight and as we saw when she sucks at pointing to a sign she has no screen presence. She was more like Chuck Liddell than Conor McGregor. If you had Conor he could talk up a match against Curt Hawkins and it would draw headlining Summerslam. Ronda will have to do a Goldberg quick win streak. And even then it won't be the same as her UFC run because now it's fake victories. Few people buy wrestlers as bad asses anymore unless they're Brock who could kill people in a shoot because he's an accomplished UFC champion, or a Haku type with a known reputation. Nobody thinks Reigns is a legit bad ass like they believed Steve Austin was in the 90s.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They need to give Ronda a manager to talk for her. A female Heyman.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Or maybe just Heyman. Do a UFC Invasion with Brock, Ronda, Shayna and hire Matt Riddle and Filthy Tom because they're fantastic wrestlers for their experience level. Maybe bring Shamrock back too. He can wrestle in his sunglasses like Mr. Hughes.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I like the UFC invasion idea but can you see Steph, Hunter and Vince letting UFC alumni look strong and WWE weak? I know there was the UWFi invasion of NJ but with WWE there's super ego involved. You make your top stars look weak then people be like WWE wrestlers soft. If you had like Harley, Haku etc then that would be different cause they tough guys but imagine someone like Finn step to Brock he's getting beat up even in Demon paint. I do like the idea a lot would be cool but I can't see them making WWE talent look weak. We will probably see Rowdy Ronda tap out to a Steph arm bar.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

They took Seths meals...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote:I like the UFC invasion idea but can you see Steph, Hunter and Vince letting UFC alumni look strong and WWE weak? I know there was the UWFi invasion of NJ but with WWE there's super ego involved. You make your top stars look weak then people be like WWE wrestlers soft. If you had like Harley, Haku etc then that would be different cause they tough guys but imagine someone like Finn step to Brock he's getting beat up even in Demon paint. I do like the idea a lot would be cool but I can't see them making WWE talent look weak. We will probably see Rowdy Ronda tap out to a Steph arm bar.
Yeah, I'm not saying they'll do it, I'm saying if they wanted to make money they should. Even Ronda alone going with Heyman and Brock wouldn't happen for that reason.

And even with the UWFi, while Takada won the IWGP title they mostly did jobs to New Japan just like WCW mostly did jobs in 2001. Although when Inoki got desperate when PRIDE was destroying them financially he started letting shoot fighters like Sapp, Ogawa and Fujita on top winning. But things were way worse for NJ than they are for WWE. And even then the situation was different. Inoki always sold himself as the Godfather of MMA because of the Ali fight. So he'd be on the shows saying Ogawa and Fujita were like his children, and Bob Sapp was a big star in Japan so it was more like letting a celebrity be on top. Vince being opposed to anything resembling a shoot couldn't do that since he went out of his way to make WWE a cartoon. Nor does he have a reputation as a legit shooter like Verne Gagne and Stu Hart did. He's actually 0-2 in shoot fights with Nailz and Bret.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

just saw this weeks mixed match last night, shame that Goldust lost as he was rather entertaining, bit silly but amusing

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't care about Mania at all this year. Instead of Raw I just watched 1980s matches on New Japan World.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

PWInsider is claiming Jeff Jarrett is going into the HOF this year. That sounds like bullshit. But I guess we'll see next week. If I were WWE I'd want to wait until they owned the TNA tape library. Because since he's spent 15 years in a rival company and had his best work there, you're essentially promoting TNA's on demand service.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Jeff Jarrett has been an absolute fucking failure for the past million years but sure he should be in the Hall of Fame. Yep.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Don't worry, it was immediately shot down as bullshit.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thought so. I would imagine Double J is on his blacklist, still surprises me Bruno, Warrior,Bret and Macho are in but it seems more of a Hunter thing building bridges. Outsider of Jeff is there anyone else who Vince would never induct in the HOF or do business with again?.