WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Luger because of Elizabeth's death at his house, Dynamite Kid because of his history and Benoit connection, Owen because his family asks they never induct him, Raven and Buff because they sued him twice, and he really seems to hate Demolition.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I actually forgot about Benoit. Lex is a weird one as he's appeared on WWE programming and I imagine he got a paycheck from WWE for his appearances on WWE docs and such. Yea he seems personally affronted when he's sued but hr brought back Sable, Superstar and Bruno went all out to character assassinate him yet he welcomed them back with open arms. But there's no chance we will see Chris Benoit inducted in the HOF and until Owens family says OK he wont be in either. Speaking of HOFs, you'd think the R&R one would kick out Phil Spector but he's still in it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Lex has been in docs and does anti-drug and steroid speeches to new wrestlers at the Performance Center. But putting him in the HOF is different. You're endorsing them as a person when you give them that honor.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's true. However you have guys and girls in there with patchy histories too so its not really a HOF that upholds its standards of decorum.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

No, but Snuka hadn't been charged in 2004 when he went in, Hogan hadn't had the n-word tape out in 2005, Austin was such a big star they could ignore his domestic violence arrest, Lawler had his charges of statutory rape dropped, etc. And it's a completely different world now as far as sex crimes and domestic violence goes. If Austin was going in this year they'd have to answer questions from the media about beating Debra in 2002.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea true but there's a ton of double standards going on. If you're in Vince's good books he and WWE let things fly. That was the point I was making. But you are right if the Austin story was news now he'd be out, Lawler would be too even just over allegations etc

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't remember him at all. He must have been on during the Destination America time when I barely watched because it was boring and the show looked awful with bad lighting.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You don't remember the Shera Shuffle? Lucky you!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hey I do!

Shera will be champ next time the WWE tours India I guess.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't watch 205 Live. But apparently HHH has made Spud a serious character. That seems like a waste of his talent.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep That's a shame, Spuds a funny guy. Say what you will but JB or whomever did some hilarious stuff with him, Grado, Laurel, Joseph Park, Broken Hardyz etc.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Apparently Borash is being trained to take over from Kevin Dunn after Vince turns the company over. Dunn was anti-Kliq so HHH has always planned to get rid of him since it's only Vince that insisted he keep his job.

That's a sweet gig. Dunn has been there 30 years and is paid very well. Jeremy is set for life now. So hard work does pay off. "thumbsup

So Borash will be the new Kevin Dunn and Road Dogg will be the new Pat Patterson. Sean Waltman may get the Gerald Brisco role.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep great gig for JB to land. Wasn't he in WCW during the end too?. I think maybe Hunter will bring in Scott and Big Kev in too as agents etc. Is Kid clean now? I think he'd be a good agent for the 205 guys.

Speaking of which Rich Swann has been released.

"Hey Josh, isn't that Richard Goose in the Impact Zone?!!"

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man wrote:Wasn't he in WCW during the end too?

Big Boss Man wrote:"Hey Josh, isn't that Richard Goose in the Impact Zone?!!"
Dick Goose would be better. Rich Swann is his real name though.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Xavier Woods noted that his car was broken into last night. He said he doesn't keep anything valuable in there so he wasn't that upset, but that the people who broke in left it a mess, smoked cigarettes in the car and spilled Polynesian sauce.
Why would you go into a car just to eat and smoke?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

How about Duck Goose, would have been one of those bootleg names like on Fire Pro :lol:

That's interesting thought he just worked behind the scenes etc, thanks Zoidy.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Some are taking this as a sign he will wrestle AJ when he comes back. That would be great since Rey is the best he's been in 10 years since working a lighter schedule to heal his knee. Hopefully they'd get a half hour match at Summerslam. I wouldn't mind seeing him against Nakamura and Owens either. And if the brand split is done he could have a great match with Balor.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I'd prefer Rey to go to SmackDown, more chance of better matches there.

Hulk has been talking about a WWE comeback
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... -Wrestlers Mark saying Hogan
should apologise to the wrestlers but what about his fans?. Hulk Hogan still has major, major heat over his comments so I think they'll be a backlash if they welcome Hulk back with open arms. Considering T made him a mainstream star he should be grateful he put him on. Without the involvement of Mr T,Cyndi etc they'd have been no major boom first time around and WWE would have just treaded water thru the years.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's just wrestling tradition a second apology is made to the locker room over something. So the one to the fans was him on Good Morning America and the British morning show. Then he'd apologize directly to New Day, Sasha, Alicia, Jordan, Shelton, etc.

But he isn't coming back. They were just asked at the last investors call about him and just said "WWE stands by our decision." He really isn't worth it since he can't be cleared to wrestle and he did little to nothing for ratings just coming on to talk (although his first time back would do a good rating because people would want to hear what he said about the situation.) And they've got enough legends to do Network stuff. So he just isn't worth the trouble. And if he wanted to be involved in wrestling that bad he wouldn't have demanded $500,000 PER APPEARANCE to manage the Young Bucks in New Japan. He would have taken what they offered from one of the few countries who don't care about the racist recording and have seen if that built good will elsewhere.

And another thing is, with HHH having more power it's even less likely he'd come back since HHH doesn't like him for backing out on giving HBK a win back as was the original agreement for Summerslam 2005. And as we've seen with Kevin Dunn HHH is going to settle scores for the Kliq.