Kanye West Thread: Do you like banana pudding?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Kanye West Thread: Do you like banana pudding?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Kayne West Thread: Do you like banana pudding?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kenny West has released a new song on his website.

http://www.kanyewest.com/

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He pretty much admits it's a publicity stunt and gets schooled by Soledad O'Brien.

What she's referring to

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I don't believe in that Project Ultra/Illuminati but for those who do they have receipts to prove Kaynes being "controlled" by the Kardashians. Unless he trolling, but it's cost him millions of fans so that has backfired tremendously.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Nah, it's just Kanye being Kanye. He stirs up shit before he puts something out, and the ultimate troll in 2018 is saying yout like Donald Trump since the entertainment industry wants to keep a united front against him. The Trump hat is the same thing as when he used the Confederate flag on his merchandise for the Yeezus era. "This is seen as a token of hate but I'm going to change its meaning" is what he's after. It doesn't work and didn't before, but that's the idea he's going for. The thing he likes about him is the circus of his celebrity/presidency because it's a bigger, more important version of his life.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea but can you imagine Pac wearing a MAGA hat or confederate flag? Never would have happened. I think it's more that his "handlers" say to push pro Trump agenda to get more conversative leaning fans to like him. But I guess it could be epic trolling. However the Kanye who said what he did about Bush is like completely different. Plus when Donald is like the Roman Reigns to your fan base you don't endorse him. At least publicly. For me it's like Kris and the others want to get an invite to the White House and buddy up to the Pres. You did have MJ go to see Ronald Reagan but he was like on another level of popularity. He was friends with Princess Diana too of course. But for me it's Kanye looking for a way to up his social standing. I mean he's not as relevant as he was music wise either. I also doubt Late Registration Kanye would have buddies up with him. It's like he's being directed by Kris and Kim. Rappers could be modern day civil rights ambassadors since they appeal to people of all colours so maybe Kanye should try and unite the races through his music and actions. I mean Mike and Prince broke the colour barrier at MTV so it could be done. But it seems Kanyes doing it all backwards. Say in wrestling terms he's buddying up with the biggest heel on the roster when he a baby face. Makes no logical sense even within a wrestling framework. But if he wants to take away the racist connotations of the confederate flag and MAGA hats etc then I do applaud him for that.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They're completely different people. Tupac wasn't a troll.

And the Kardashians aren't handling him. If they were he'd be a regular on their show. Plus the only Republican in the family is Caitlyn, who became estranged from most of them after bashing them in her book. And he's even recently fired his management team. He's doing this on his own. When has he ever been controllable?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Funny how those associated with the Kardashians fall by the wayside. Look at Lamar Odom for example. Kanye had a nervous breakdown and did that thing when he tried to tap up wealthy people for cash for creative projects. I mean he was a producer before he broke out and made his best work when he just focused on being a musician. This trolling or whatever to me seems planned. Frank Dileo did things like that for MJ to make him look interesting & mysterious but it backfired and the UK press labelled him "Wacko Jacko" and his record sales and image took a hit.

So for me and I might be wrong but Kanye antics are hallmarks of it being an orchestrated PR stunt. Plus Kanye wouldn't sacrifice losing his fan base buddying up to someone whom majority of them view as being detrimental. So if he's trolling it's epic trolling to the nth degree and career sabotage . Also funny how Yeezy was real creative etc before he hooked up with Kim and them. If you read between the lines it speaks volumes. Seems all that associate with them fall off. But again it's just my perspective. I preferred the Yeezy before the BS who put out really good music.

Also Tupac in 2018 would be making major change and I think away from the image he adopted at Death Row cause of Suge and feuding with Big, beyond that he cared about the community and was political. I mean songs like "Keep Ya Head Up" and "Brenda's Got A Baby" he was talking about important issues and was social consensus hip hop. I think in these times Kanye could take a lesson out of Pacs book and make music for change. Instead of trolling on social media and making himself a figure of ridicule.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also funny how Yeezy was real creative etc before he hooked up with Kim and them. If you read between the lines it speaks volumes. Seems all that associate with them fall off. But again it's just my perspective. I preferred the Yeezy before the BS who put out really good music.
Yeezus and Life of Pablo were both album of the year contenders, so I don't think he fell off unless this one is going to be bad.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea but LOP didn't sell too well compared to his other albums which went double platinum etc
West's The Life of Pablo has only sold 28,000 digital copies since West allowed Tidal and his own site to begin selling the album. However, because the Billboard 200 now groups together song streams into SEAs – streaming equivalent albums – West's new LP translated 99 million U.S. streams into 66,000 copies.
Yessus did 327,000 first week (I got the CD and his other albums) so I ain't hating on Kanye at all, just he's not selling the units he was. Plus people like Kendrick Lamar outdid present Yeezy with TPAB so he need to stop the BS and distractions and go back to focusing on his music. If he serious about making positive changes and everything than that's cool. Just quit it with the weirdness cause it damages his rep like it did with MJ with the planted stories about Oxygen tanks etc. Although the Prince doing ESP on Bubbles is one of the most :rofl2: things ever.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Pablo didn't sell because it was put on Tidal so people ripped the audio and put it online a week before it was for sale. And he lost his friendship with Jay-Z because he was angry Tidal didn't report the streams to Billboard, and during their free trial when the album came out the songs had 200 million streams which under new Billboard seam rules could have made it his highest chart debut, although it still went to #1.

And sales don't mean quality IMO. His sales have dropped since he got really artistic with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. That was album of the year and top 10 of the decade so far. But it sold half of what College Dropout did (which I haven't even bothered listening to in forever since it's not good compared to his later stuff.) But it was named album of the year by Time, Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Billboard, and Spin among others.

And Yeezus sold under a million, but got near perfect scores from critics. And it wasn't going to sell because every song but Bound 2 is way too abrasive to be a hit. People will remember it better than Justin Timberlake's 20/20 Experience which was the best selling album of 2013. Usually the best sellers aren't the iconic albums in the end.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The rapper is Daz Dillinger.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I heard about that. He has a right to freedom of speech but Ye has to understand your going to piss a ton of people off.

Seems he's on the windup again
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... r-12464635

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, that's trolling. Not even the KKK would claim that.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

If a white man said what Yeezy did they'd rightly be scorned, torn to shreds by the media and would no doubt be beat down too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Kanye is going to be on Infowars. :rofl2: