NBA/Basketball Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: NBA Thread

Post by Bandit »

And there's your next big meme.

He also walked out on the press conference.

And on a side note he's wearing shorts with his suit like he's Angus Young.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea it was a real bad play. LeBron was trying to call a timeout but JR seemingly wasn't listening. Had they called a timeout and made even a 2 pt shot they'd have won. In fact they were up by 1 so just hold onto the ball and let GS foul. But say both are missed, GS get possession and shoot a 3 you'd lose anyway. But still, need much better ball movement and possession.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

GSW swept the Cavs 4-0

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/ ... live-score

Chris Bosh talking about LBJ possibly going to the Rockets. Best chance of him going back to the finals I think is if he joins another Eastern conference team.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He could have saved his hand by punching JR in the stomach.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

:lol:

They way he left the court I doubt he'll be back as a Cav now. Unless they go in ultimate rebuild mode, but they have no cap room at the moment. So they'd have to trade players but can't pick up A grade players with no free cap room. Unless they pay over the odds in luxury tax. That Warriors team will continue to get stronger I think. KD and Klay are 29, Steph is 30 so they have 3 to 4 top years left at least.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'd be shocked if he came back. I read the Celtics could be a contender for getting him.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I heard about the Celtics too. Kyrie and Hayward should be fit by then and they made the Eastern conference finals without both so the quality is there. In theory LeBron could sign for the veteran minimum and turn up anywhere. There's a rumor about him going to GSW but Draymond says he's going if that happens. He's tight with Steph so I can't see him being happy with his friend leaving. They'd be unstoppable but KD fills the LeBron role so you can't have two players doing the same deal it would be detrimental to the team.

Philly has been brought up as a destination but that's even more harder work as he would be carrying a much younger team. Miami I think is a moot point apart from Wade being there. The Bulls aren't even on the radar now but a fit D-Rose and LBJ back in the day would have been good.

Lakers, Clippers I don't see him going there. Maybe Magic will pull out all the stops to get him there and they would pay luxury tax. The Jazz is intriguing because of Coach Synder and they have Goubert one of the NBAs best underrated players. But its a real long shot he'd even consider them.

The Suns, Nuggets, Mavericks (although Cuban would pay the luxury tax for a super team) I doubt are on his radar. Toronto might be worth considering. Pistons I doubt. Wizards with John Wall is intriguing too but it would be reminiscent of MJ going there.

Another team I forgot are the NO Pelicans. They have a decent team with Anthony Davis. I can't see LBJ going to the Kings, Hornets but a team with a ton of cap space and draft picks could put a great deal together to get him. Plus he could go somewhere and transform the entire franchise.

In some way I can't see him turning heel again and walking out on Cleveland. If he does stay K-Love will be traded to make way. Huge mistake trading Kyrie, but no way he's returning. They need a Curry level point guard but outside of Westbrook that's it really. Need players who can match GSW for energy so maybe him going to the 76ers with another A grade player would work. Instead of assembling a team of older B grade supporting players.

I wouldn't rule out him going to Houston. Its set up already but GS are the gatekeepers of the West. I like their toughness too and they could use that to their advantage. Should be a super interesting post season with The Decision 3.0 and if he stays the players they trade and bring in.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Interesting LeBron to Houston scenarios here
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2352 ... happen-nba

Seems Ryan Anderson's $20m+ deal is a hold up. As is the luxury tax. But I'd rather it be in place so teams can't load up with all the best players and devoid the NBA of its competitive element.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Image Image

Kobe is right.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea he is. LeBron had to fire his teammates up to play to their full potential. Instead I think he took all the weight on his shoulders and in team sports you can't do that.

Also Houston crossed off the list of his potential destinations apparently.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabezaldiv ... dates/amp/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Everyone is going to try for Kawhi Leonard, but apparently the Suns are going to put everything they have into signing him.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Had they still had Nash and Stoudamire then yea Phoenix would be a good destination. I don't think we got one Suns game over here last season so I'm out of the loop with their starting line up. LA want him and Magic might be able to put that new big 3 with him, Paul George and LeBron together.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They didn't get many national games shown on ABC or TNT either. They were in last place in the West.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK yea that explains it! They should get a good draft pick this year then.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They've got #1. I think the Spurs could ask for a trade for that if they want him bad enough.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea but for Kawhi to go the Suns when there's no other star player there makes no sense. They ideally want the #1 pick still and bring him in. There has to be an incentive for him to go to Phoenix. Say Magic comes in and goes "we got a commitment from LeBron to come to the Lakers" then no doubt he's going there. Phoenix bringing in Kawhi Leonard would be a huge, huge deal for them. But he's not LeBron and he can't carry a B or even C level team to the Finals or even a + 0.500 team to make the playoffs. But say The Suns pitch a big rebuild with him the main piece of the puzzle it might get him there. But it's going to take something real major to get him in a Suns jersey next season.

I believe Magic will get him to the Lakers, whether Paul George and LBJ will follow Idk, but Kawhi would be a massive pick up for them. Plus SA would be interested in bringing in Ingram or Ball or a combination of both for him. That turns the Spurs into a more promising team too. Once Parker, Manu go they need a rebuild and most thought they'd put Kawhi in the Tim Duncan spot, but it didn't turn out that way. Plus draft day we'll see some weird deals go down, look at Boston how they stacked picks and traded.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A stacked Magic team will make we millennials happy remembering 1993-96 when they were the coolest team in the NBA. Although nobody can ever touch the non-stop fun of Young Shaq living life to the fullest. Loving Young Shaq doing what I would have done if I was a kid with tens of millions of dollars was enough for me to buy his jersey and Magic Starter hat and Starter jacket back when Starter gear was the shit. I never bought his shoes though because I hated Reebok. Although I was gifted the Shawn Kemp 1994 Reebok by my aunt for my birthday one year and they were cool for the time. But I wouldn't buy a throwback pair today.

But Rob Gronkowski is the only athlete to have the same loving joy of life fun as Shaq in his 20s. Everyone else was too serious. Have fun if you're a young millionaire the world loves.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea Shaq was the man. He even had that Shaq Fu video game. The This Magic Moment with Shaq and Penny is one of my favourite 30 for 30s. They should have won the NBA championship especially when MJ went on hiatus.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They were having too much fun to have a killer instinct. Like Jordan had fun, but in the Finals he went into Beast Mode to make sure games were put away. Only Horace Grant understood this because Jordan mentored him. But he couldn't get through to the rest of the team.