ROH: Tony Khan Presents Ring Of Honor Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: ROH Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I know your not but you'll get fans who loved Kenny turn on him on a drop of a hat if he comes out. If he is gay that's his personal business and they don't need to dwell on it or make fun of it. If Roman was turned gay? Wow, I'd expect the neckbeards to have a literal breakdown and hate him even more. I mean it's 2018 people's sexuality or asexuality shouldn't be of anyone else's concern. As long as its with a legal age consenting partner then it's no problem. Just wouldn't like to see Kenny fall off cause of small minded haters who'll throw homophobic slurs at him. Cause that's really, really unnecessary. Look how the fans reacted to gay gimmicks in the past. Goldust was clever as it struck a nerve but people took offence to him, even HBK was hated on because of his gimmick by most male fans as he walked that fine line. On TNT you have Hulks vitriolic statements about Adrian Adonis, I forget which episode it is but it seemed legit hatred he was coming out with and Adonis wasn't gay IRL. HH was probably high on coke allegedly at the time but still. Kenny might be using that ambigious tactic like in Princes "Controversy" "Am I straight, or gay" to drum up interest in him. But say KO comes out and goes to WWE does he get put under a glass ceiling due to his sexuality or is it a non factor like it should be?.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He'd be fine besides some bad writing here and there. I could see the writers do lame stuff like have him remind us he wouldn't have sex with a Diva he interacted with. Not to mock him but just because most of the writers don't have any talent. But I don't think they'd make him do a Chuck & Billy gimmick or anything. The world has changed so much since 2004 when Stephanie turned down Kanyon's idea to come out. Darren Young just didn't advance his career because he was a bland personality and average wrestler, two things Omega definitely is not.

And I don't think the fanbase would be an issue either since the stereotypes about wrestling fans being right wing really isn't true anymore. Wrestling is tied with the NBA as the sport most popular with liberals in polls. I'm not saying he'd get a Hogan sized pop in Alabama or anything, but if he's pushed as a babyface they're not going to boo him.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That's true, guess we will wait and see what direction they go in with Kenny.

Interesting Cody/Dusty article

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/6/1707 ... des-all-in

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I haven't seen it yet but apparently the Young Bucks vs Briscoes match last night was a 5 star match everyone who saw it is raving about.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Taeler Hendrix is claiming she lost her spot in ROH because she turned down Jay Lethal's sexual advances. Bad timing for him since he just won their title.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I heard that, he doesn't need a #MeToo scandal right now. I'm sure things of that nature were very common back in the day but weren't brought to Vince or other promoters attention.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The thing is I don't know how much power he'd have. Delirious has booked it by himself for years and CEO Joe Koff is very hands on and knows since they are owned by a big corporation they can't have any of "wrestling's dirty secrets" around.

It could be a case where he came on to her and a while later they stopped using her and the two things were unrelated. Lethal is pretty well liked, so this would be out of character for him.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

On Wednesday, former Ring of Honor wrestler Taeler Hendrix (Taeler Conrad-Mellen) said on Twitter that she was taken off TV in 2017 due to her refusing to have sex with Jay Lethal (Jamar Shipman).

On Friday, ROH COO Joe Koff released a statement to F4WOnline.com via their PR company:

"We were troubled to hear the allegations that surfaced last night on Twitter. We take these matters very seriously and will be investigating this situation thoroughly, reviewing all evidence related to the matter. Ring of Honor strives to provide an environment and workplace where male and female wrestlers are free from any misconduct or abuse. We will take appropriate action upon the conclusion of our findings."

The statement was also provided to PWTorch who ran a story about the situation on Thursday.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Good for them to not only be able to tell WWE to stop acting like they own MSG when they rarely run it now, but to really kick them in the balls by getting a date on Wrestlemania weekend.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea its BS WWE think it owns MSG. Back in the day, yep it was more like their home turf so to speak, but now they more about the Barclay's Centre.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's looking like the Trump administration is going to block the merger between Sinclair and WGN, so ROH won't be on cable anytime soon.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I'm gonna start watching more ROH and backing their product and I feel bad about the times I've slammed them. They've made some mistakes in the past but these guys basically walked right up to the WWE Colossus and spit in its face by selling out MSG. Good on them. I mean that.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Alex Shelley retirement video:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Final Battle was good. Unfortunately all but 2 or 3 guys who made it good left the company after it was over. And they all but confirmed AEW is happening. So Vince better get his head out of his ass now that a guy people already called the modern Ted Turner is looking to spend serious money on a wrestling company.