The Game Room/Game Collecting thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: The Game Room/Game Collecting thread

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea because the discs & cassettes are on magnetic tape unless they were stored correctly you don't know if they still work. So its an area I'd be cautious in when collecting. Unless they are cheap then it doesn't matter too much.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

My Super Famicom/Famicom stuff arrived from Japan yesterday.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

still remember a tale from back in the day of someone paying £150 or more (pretty sure it was more) for an import of SF2 on SNES & you know what? its still a litle amusing, that post just brought it back to me

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I have a vague memory of some SNES games being like £60 to buy, I think one time like £80. I guess it cost a lot to manufacture the games or retailers wanted to make as much as possible. I'm assuming the latter though.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

SF2 SFC was very expensive when it first came out. Our local video store got a copy in and rented it out for $12 a night.

Got a DVD rack thingie for $6 at the recycle shop today. The PS2 games look good in it.

The PS2 games are in alphabetical order now as well. That was a pain in the arse to do.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I hope that means you are done buying PS2 games. Otherwise the next game you buy that starts with A is going to be real fun to add.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah I've thought about that. I had to redo it a few times when I found another game that started with E when I was doing G or R while doing T etc., which sucked. I probably will get more though. I got Final Fantasy XII PS2 for $4 when I got the rack, there will probably more cheapies there in the future.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

You're in the book of records?

has to be you!!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So Zoidberg, have the worlds data providers got enough storage for you to upload 1MB pictures of all your games yet?

I am concerned that as the world can store exponentially growing vast digital data that your collection is growing at an even more alarming rate and that even using primative low resolutions to catalogue all your games the world simply won't be able to ever keep up...

I heard that your collection is now so big that even the .txt file is over 2.3GB.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.