I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Tried drinking.

Post by ian »

Glued and soldered.

Just remember people, always pick a soldering iron from the handle.

Now to bend the case straight again (kind of munted) while the glue dries and then rebuild it.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So the death toll is a cable and a hard drive.

Lol, I have about 20 display port cables and over 50 terabytes of hard drives just sitting around.

Going to try and completely rebuild the whole thing by 6...

Should shit it in.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Had to postpone the build... keyboard is covered in booze. So have to clean that.

From an in-depth analysys I can conclude I was drinking jager (keyboard is COVERED in it) when the incident happened.

Possibly I spilt shit all over my expensive keyboard, then panicked and knocked computer over trying to save it.

Keyboard is 100% fine so props to Logitech for finally making their G keyboards alcohol resistant. (Fuck knows the g15 wasn’t)

Starting the rebuild at 5:30.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Ok. Start the clock. Rebuilding now going for a world record in drunken PC building.

Done in an hour 100%
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I was watching 8bit guy on YouTube fixing up old PCs etc and thought you could do a similar type of channel. Not here to lecture but I'd knock the drink on the head immediately. I wouldn't search out another vice to replace it either. Im not anti smoking weed at all, in fact they should 110% legalise it for those with chronic pain conditions and other health problems but if you're chasing the next high you could get hooked on harder drugs like cocaine or even Heroin.

Plus if your inadvertently breaking expensive electronics then that's the time to say enough. What about if you got into a stupor and ended up in your car and accidentally knocked someone over or ended up totaling it. Because that scenario could happen and you probably wouldn't even have a memory of it. Again not telling you what to do but you should swap out the drink for things you enjoy. Fixing up old computers, cars etc then you'd get a sense of fulfillment by completing the task(s).

Alcohol is at the end of the day a depressant and its the clever advertising where it shows you only have a good time if you drink which is BS. If you are dependent on alcohol then go to a AA meeting(s) and/or just gradually stop. Quitting cold turkey won't help it'll make you crave it more. If you have an addictive personality talk to a health professional about it and they should point you in the right direction to get help. You might be stubborn and be like I'm fine etc. etc. but you need to get help now. To be honest its concerning reading your posts and thats why Ive replied here. If you're pissed off with life find things to make you happy and talk to family members/friends.

Suicide rates are incredibly high among adult males so if you feel really down talk to your doctor about it or even talk to one of those anonymous suicide hotlines. Its a taboo subject to discuss but its one that I believe is relevant and needs to be brought up much more often. Because a lot of stuff we deal with we internalize because its not a guy thing to talk about "our feelings" like that but we need to because internalized stress and worry can cause tremendous emotional stress on the body and mind. A lot of suicide victims family and friends say "I didn't even know they were depressed/fed up" because majority of the time we dont say how it is and note how high the suicide rate is in men. I'm not saying you're suicidal but drinking to excess rings that alarm bell where you're pissed off to the nth degree and are looking for a way out. If you do feel that way I'd advise to seek help urgently. Because you don't have to live life that way.

From reading the topic about your job when you were basically running the show you seem real intelligent so maybe think about studying or finding out more about things you enjoy. Or freelance doing IT work for people and you could make real progress. Also get your health sorted out and I remember you talking about heart problem(s) so get those sorted too asap. They are very qualified and will be able to give you the right medication or surgery to fix whatever's wrong. The longer you leave it the worse it could get so make an appointment or get your doctor to refer you. Because that might be a catalyst if you're feeling down because you have the attitude where you have a health issue(s) and think no one can help but they certainly can. A Cardiologist will definitely help and will hopefully sort everything out. Another thing if you're on heart medication and/or beta blockers sometimes depression and feeling low are a side effect too.

You can ignore and disregard everything I've typed but I'd say it to anyone here in a similar situation. You are all real good people here and I don't like to read or hear of any of your misfortune(s) as it really sucks. Remember there is a ton of help out there if you seek it out. You don't need to live a life which is dominated by drinking because you're much more than that. All the best.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Done!
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Big Boss Man wrote:I was watching 8bit guy on YouTube fixing up old PCs etc and thought you could do a similar type of channel. Not here to lecture but I'd knock the drink on the head immediately. I wouldn't search out another vice to replace it either. Im not anti smoking weed at all, in fact they should 110% legalise it for those with chronic pain conditions and other health problems but if you're chasing the next high you could get hooked on harder drugs like cocaine or even Heroin.

Plus if your inadvertently breaking expensive electronics then that's the time to say enough. What about if you got into a stupor and ended up in your car and accidentally knocked someone over or ended up totaling it. Because that scenario could happen and you probably wouldn't even have a memory of it. Again not telling you what to do but you should swap out the drink for things you enjoy. Fixing up old computers, cars etc then you'd get a sense of fulfillment by completing the task(s).

Alcohol is at the end of the day a depressant and its the clever advertising where it shows you only have a good time if you drink which is BS. If you are dependent on alcohol then go to a AA meeting(s) and/or just gradually stop. Quitting cold turkey won't help it'll make you crave it more. If you have an addictive personality talk to a health professional about it and they should point you in the right direction to get help. You might be stubborn and be like I'm fine etc. etc. but you need to get help now. To be honest its concerning reading your posts and thats why Ive replied here. If you're pissed off with life find things to make you happy and talk to family members/friends.

Suicide rates are incredibly high among adult males so if you feel really down talk to your doctor about it or even talk to one of those anonymous suicide hotlines. Its a taboo subject to discuss but its one that I believe is relevant and needs to be brought up much more often. Because a lot of stuff we deal with we internalize because its not a guy thing to talk about "our feelings" like that but we need to because internalized stress and worry can cause tremendous emotional stress on the body and mind. A lot of suicide victims family and friends say "I didn't even know they were depressed/fed up" because majority of the time we dont say how it is and note how high the suicide rate is in men. I'm not saying you're suicidal but drinking to excess rings that alarm bell where you're pissed off to the nth degree and are looking for a way out. If you do feel that way I'd advise to seek help urgently. Because you don't have to live life that way.

From reading the topic about your job when you were basically running the show you seem real intelligent so maybe think about studying or finding out more about things you enjoy. Or freelance doing IT work for people and you could make real progress. Also get your health sorted out and I remember you talking about heart problem(s) so get those sorted too asap. They are very qualified and will be able to give you the right medication or surgery to fix whatever's wrong. The longer you leave it the worse it could get so make an appointment or get your doctor to refer you. Because that might be a catalyst if you're feeling down because you have the attitude where you have a health issue(s) and think no one can help but they certainly can. A Cardiologist will definitely help and will hopefully sort everything out. Another thing if you're on heart medication and/or beta blockers sometimes depression and feeling low are a side effect too.

You can ignore and disregard everything I've typed but I'd say it to anyone here in a similar situation. You are all real good people here and I don't like to read or hear of any of your misfortune(s) as it really sucks. Remember there is a ton of help out there if you seek it out. You don't need to live a life which is dominated by drinking because you're much more than that. All the best.
If I could afford/get good cocaine.. I would 100% be on that.
And ending up in a car is not a problem at all.. no where to go, no reason to go there and no one to go with.
Got done drink driving once before, I had friends, a future, money and hope... Got my licence back the day after my dad died and not losing my licence for drinking again..
I've been depressed before. This is something completely different.

Here is the computer I built from scratch in under an hour totally shitfaced...
Not the best.. there's a few bits where it looks shit, But it's still better than most pros can do in an hour and a half sober.

If it boots, and people see me on steam in half an hour. I am fine just the drunk I am.
If it doesn't boot, I will go away and rethink my whole life.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

ahahah.. PC is booted faster than it ever did.
I guess with the D drive completely gone, and a freshly wiped drive in there, there was no bloat on loading stuff.

Now to get steam and some games going.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

And now windows updates have hit.

One computer is having video issues and the gaming one is lagging like a bitch in windows.

Done.
Simply done.
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I tried drinking last night, I ended up with a headache. I decided to just go to bed and sleep it off. Bad choice. I had dreams that I can't stop thinking about.

I was standing outside a building. I don't know what world it was on. It was beautiful. It was a domesticated wilderness with soft grasses, enormous flowering trees and warm wind. I was comfortable there. Brilliant light shone down. The sky looked as though it were layers of pure blue crystal. I looked into an entrance leading deep inside the building. The hallway was dark. Even from just outside, I could tell how cold the metal walls were. Somehow I knew I should be somewhere in that building. I went in. I walked down the corridor. I remembered that this was the day I had always hoped would come. Scientists had finally perfected the technique to download a person into a computer. I searched for the place I needed to be. It was difficult to walk in the darkness. I finally found a table and lay on top of it. Looking up, I couldn't tell if there were a ceiling to the room, or if it just went on and on. My head was shaved. Invisible devices slid ice-cold probes under the skin on my skull. It felt like cold fire. It was an agony so intense that it almost ceased being a sensation. All I could think was that soon I would be beyond such concerns as pain. I would fade away, and when I returned, I would have evoved to a higher form. Energy and power. I welcomed unconsciousness.

When I awoke, I lay on the table. I knew something had gone terribly wrong. I was still as I had always been. Across the room there was a round canister. That was supposed to be my housing, yet I remained in the same soft flesh as ever. I was too numb to think. Then a small droid floated into the room. It attached itself to the canister and lifted it from the floor. It spoke to me. "Transfer successful. Waste products to self-dispose." As it carried the canister away, I realized that I had been wrong. I would not live forever. The machine that contained my thoughts and memories was not me. It was nothing more than a machine. I was going to die, and there would be no purpose in my end. There had been no purpose in my life. I wanted to return to the outside wilderness. I needed to feel the air move on my skin. I thought I could escape ... but there were no doors anymore. Only walls remained.

Needless to say I won't be drinking for awhile!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's a pretty deep dream. Would actually make a cool plot to a movie. I think the moral of the story is to enjoy life and it's the drinking that has put you behind the walls so to speak. That's how I've interpreted it. Plus I believe dreams usually try and communicate to us, I think of them as subliminal messages. Usually mine are actual premonitions so as you can imagine that can freak you out. I had a dream a few years ago that Prince had passed away, it was so vivid when I woke up I checked online but then luckily he was OK. Yet fast forward a year or so what I dreamt sadly come to pass. So your dream might be inadvertently telling you to make a change in your life and as you've said it's putout you off drinking. I'm not advocating anti drugs or drink at all, just be careful and do it in moderation. But if it is a vice you can't shake get help, because that's when it's become an addiction.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

You guys have dreams? Lucky fucking bastards!

The last time I had a dream was years ago.. maybe 5-6 years now?
It was me trying to run up a hill with a fire closing in behind me. Just as I started to get away from the fire I would fall over and slide back closer to it.

Since then I guess the closest to dreams is getting drunk and imagining shit. Or hallucinating after overdosing on energy drink (which does happen)

I’ve started to combine vodka with frosty berry mother.
It leads to some interesting things.
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I know I dream, but I never remember them. I forget them seconds after waking up.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I had a dream last week where I was kicking an Australian Rules football on the local footy oval. As I took a kick I heard a weird noise, which woke me up. My foot was a bit sore, then I looked behind the curtain to see this:

My foot is fine.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That's lucky Zoidy you could have severely damaged your foot.
I know I dream, but I never remember them. I forget them seconds after waking up.
I do that quite often too. It's usually the weird/premonition type ones I remember.
You guys have dreams? Lucky fucking bastards!

The last time I had a dream was years ago.. maybe 5-6 years now?
It was me trying to run up a hill with a fire closing in behind me. Just as I started to get away from the fire I would fall over and slide back closer to it.
Yea that sounds like a dream with a hidden meaning in it in my opinion. One of the most weird dreams I've had and it was like I was in a pod but above my body if that makes sense and there was nothing around me, just nothingness. Another time I was like in what appeared to be like a desert or something of this bright golden type sand or light. There was two friendly smiling faces either side of me looking at me in the face and spoke but I couldnt decipher what they said. One was female and I believe the other was male. Then it felt like a feeling I was falling back into my body. Think it kinda startled me awake and that was both weird in a nice way and comforting too.

Has anyone had sleep paralysis before? I have on quite a few occasions and it's not cool.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Update. So I've been sober for 3 months. (all of November, December and January)
I've had a couple of drinks socially, but not drunk. and when I say a couple I actually mean 2. Got pulled up for a random breath test a few weeks back and was worried 2 beers then driving right after was too much... Full on shitting myself!! came up as .02 LMAO (.05 limit here) Krispy Kreme's and big macs can deliver a higher reading.

But tonight I just felt like a drink. 5 glasses of wine and I'm fucked ahaha... It might be due to the fact I'm barely eating and sleeping, but it does feel good to have a drink to enjoy it not just masking chest pains, which have been annoying me for a long time.
-Two Interactive.