Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

How Atari *almost* worked with Nintendo

Post by Big Boss Man »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: How Atari *almost* worked with Nintendo

Post by Calavera »

Interesting, somebody doing a video on something interesting instead of talking about how Doki Doki Panic and Mario 2 are the same game lol. If this would have happened the NES probably wouldn't have been near the success it was. It would have probably helped Sega become #1

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: How Atari *almost* worked with Nintendo

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I agree, I don't think an Atari branded Famicom would have worked. I can't see them going all in with another companies product when they are in the same industry. Plus it's very likely there would be no Super Mario Brothers and in hindsight that was a massive game changer for the entire video game industry (its estimated to have sold over 40 million + since its release in 1985) and without that game you have no where near the same volume of sales for the console. I also don't know whether the international Atari console would have got Famicom ports, have an assumption just arcade ports and when other consoles had them too it doesn't give them any unique selling point. But once Nintendo had Mario then that was a huge bonus for them, plus you had Zelda, Punch Out and other big games on the horizon. So Nintendos loss with Atari pulling their deal off the table in the long run was hugely beneficial for them.