Panzer Dragoon & Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remakes Announced

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Panzer Dragoon & Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remakes Announced

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

'Panzer Dragoon: Remake' and 'Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake'

Forever Entertainment together with SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. from Japan will co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The premiere of the first part is planned before the end of 2019!

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility. The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!

Stormwatch
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Panzer Dragoon & Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remakes Announced

Post by Stormwatch »

Nice, but we still need Saga.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Stormwatch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 am Nice, but we still need Saga.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

It is about damn time! Hard to believe they haven't remade them by now.

melancholy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:08 am
Stormwatch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 am Nice, but we still need Saga.
Yes, yes we do. Have either of you ever played through PDS before? I played a copy on my Saturn back in the early 2000s. I didn't complete it and really don't remember much about it. I'll probably never play through it on a Saturn, but if they remade it I'd be all over that! Those 32-bit games are just hard to go back to nowadays. If Saturn emulation was decent I might try to play it through emulation, but even in 2018 Saturn emulation still has a long ways to go. No way would I try to complete a long RPG on it knowing that at anytime I could come across a game breaking glitch.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So they're remaking the ones you can get for sub $50... and not the one that you have to add at least a 0 to the end of that number..

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!

Also.. This arrived today.

If they remade all fucking 3 I wouldn't have needed this now would I?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I'm guessing that is a bootleg? How much did you have to give for it if you don't mind me asking. What do the actual CDs look like? You need a modded Saturn to play it correct?

*edit Nevermind, I figured it was a bootleg because it was in 2 different cases and was labeled Disc 1-2 and Disc 3-4. I now see that the Pal versions came like that. Those two cases came in a bigger box that was labeled 4 discs. There is one on Ebay for $628.

So Ian can I ask how much you paid for it? Or would you care not to say?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PDS came with an outer box as well, to hold the cases.

And the PAL Saturn boxes are fairly shitty. They are a pain to open and break easily

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Calavera wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm I'm guessing that is a bootleg? How much did you have to give for it if you don't mind me asking. What do the actual CDs look like? You need a modded Saturn to play it correct?

*edit Nevermind, I figured it was a bootleg because it was in 2 different cases and was labeled Disc 1-2 and Disc 3-4. I now see that the Pal versions came like that. Those two cases came in a bigger box that was labeled 4 discs. There is one on Ebay for $628.

So Ian can I ask how much you paid for it? Or would you care not to say?
Not a bootleg. Legit PAL copy.. I will be documenting it all, and "preserving" it to the best of my ability.. winkety wink wink...

I actually got it *cheap* because of a few factors:
1: The outer box that it came with as Zoidberg mentioned... is a reproduction on this copy. so legit game discs and manual, and cases and everything else, but a reproduction outer sleeve.
2: also as Zoidberg said, the PAL Saturn boxes are fairly shitty, This one has broken teeth on disc 4, so it kind of sits there propped in by disc 3 (and bubble wrap and tissue paper).
3: the cases have a few nicks and marks above normal wear.
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 pm PDS came with an outer box as well, to hold the cases.

And the PAL Saturn boxes are fairly shitty. They are a pain to open and break easily
Yeah, I got it so cheap because of a broken/missing/repro case...

Now when I say CHEAP... I mean compared to the million dollars + the game is currently offered for.
I'd rather not say the actual amount.. But MORE than $350 less than $500
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's cool that you got it even if it did cost a bit.

I'd like to still own it, mainly due to the rareness of it, but I did like the money I got for selling it.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

In that case.. nevermind PM lol.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:34 am In that case.. nevermind PM lol.
LOL I just replied to the PM. :olol:

I wouldn't worry too much about the outer box, the cases and discs are the important things.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:19 am I'd like to still own it, mainly due to the rareness of it, but I did like the money I got for selling it.
Now all your posts in the post the last game you got thread make sense.. you sold Saga, which would explain why you moved house.. you moved into a mansion in Toorak, drive a Ferrari, can buy EVERY other game in the world and are retired and living the easy life just from selling that one game!! :rofl:
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg