Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I watched the GG Allin documentary from Showtime last night and it was pretty good. Very insane, although they didn't show all he did fortunately. I don't know if it will be shown elsewhere, but if you have Showtime it's on their app and if you have cable it is on demand.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I don't know if it'll be shown here but it looks like a real interesting doc. I've heard of the Murder Junkies but wasn't too familiar with GG Allin and his story.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That probably isn't true. Vlad interviewed the first responders and they said Tupac said "fuck you" to the cop who asked him to identify who shot him and then went out. But that's kind of awesome his last words were "fuck you." I want to do that.

The documentary airs tonight at 8:30, though.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks I'll check that out.

This is a real interesting look at how the song was recorded and how the different performers interact with each other.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Soul Train doc

BET are making a ten part drama about Don Cornelius and Soul Train. Starts airing in February

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm watching that R. Kelly documentary now. He had sex doggystyle in the vocal both while recording Slow Dance.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I'd check it out but it's not airing here yet. We get a version of Lifetime here but not noticed it on the TV guide.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Saw the first part now and soon as it got started I was like

Then just

When Kels and Aaliyah were dressed the same and hearing what he did on the tour bus

If they saw this all go down why not say something at the time though, that's what I don't get.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Because he made a ton of money for people until Untitled started his commercial slide. Not just his albums but the songs he wrote for others. The entertainment industry is not about morals.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 am Because he made a ton of money for people until Untitled started his commercial slide. Not just his albums but the songs he wrote for others. The entertainment industry is not about morals.
Yea that's true, but they acting all outraged and saying things like they should have done something at the time. There's no denying Kels talent as an artist (didn't we have a long topic about him on the old BG board?), singer and songwriter but he really should have got counselling for when he was molested. Because it seems he's flipped the script and is taking his idk if it's the right word but "anger" out on young girls.

Plus when you listen to his music and the sexual content in the context of what he's allegedly did it's very disturbing if he's referring to under 18 year olds. Even with the straight up love ballads it's disturbing too if you think about it. But like you say the entertainment industry ain't got no morals and I'm sure there's plenty others out there who went with underage girls/especially groupies.

It's a shame because he should have went down as one of the all-time greats in R&B music but this whole thing will tarnish his legacy.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

MJEstate - makes it plainer -- TY @michaeljackson @mjonlineteam
The following is an additional statement from the Estate to the fan community about the film that was added to the Sundance Film Festival yesterday:

To the fan community:
First and foremost, Michael Jackson is our friend. We each have a long history with Michael and are passionate about making sure that the world sees the compassionate, spiritual and extraordinarily talented man that we know. It is our love for Michael that fuels our efforts to both entertain and educate the world about him as an artist and a human being.

It is also why we, as Michael’s friends and fans, are disgusted by the false accusations that continue to be repeated in an attempt to denigrate the reputation of our friend and to cash in on some small interaction with his life.

As we pointed out in our statement to the media last night and which has now been confirmed by others, this newest so-called ‘documentary’ features Wade Robson and James Safechuck – two disgruntled individuals who are admitted liars and who have testified under oath that Michael Jackson never did anything inappropriate to them. They are participating in this project only after their veiled attempts to extort monies from the Estate failed and, thanks to the efforts of the Estate’s legal team, their lawsuits against the Estate were dismissed. This is one more opportunistic attack on Michael’s vast legacy and stellar character by people looking to gain attention and benefit financially. It is pathetic.

Just like you, we want to shut down every single offensive story, documentary, book, and scurrilous accusation. However the Estate has to base its legal actions on what kind of claim it can make in a court of law. The law offers certain protections for Michael’s right of publicity but unfortunately, those protections do not extend to documentaries or other films about him. The Estate cannot sue for these libels and slanders of Michael because the law does not provide for civil lawsuits defaming a deceased person, no matter how malicious the lies about him are.

In most cases, we do have the ability to stop the infringement of copyrights in the materials owned by the Estate . If we find that is the case with this production, then as we did with the program that recently aired on ABC-TV where we filed a suit against Disney, the Estate will pursue those claims. If we file a lawsuit that is not permitted by law and thus we have no chance of winning, all we would be doing is giving these liars a public forum to repeat the false claims that have already been dismissed in court.

We will continue to do everything in our power as executors of the Estate. And fans should too. Voice your outrage to the people that run the Sundance Film Festival, the director/producer, Dan Reed, and/or HBO and UK Channel 4 who helped create this exploitive film . Share your thoughts and feelings. It is a disgrace that they are giving a platform to these to perjurers in a production that calls itself a documentary.

For any fans looking to send emails as suggested by the Estate, here are email addresses for you:

Sundance – programming@sundance.org and Institute@sundance.org
HBO – general@hbo.com
UK Channel 4 – Tweet to director of programming Ian Katz @iankatz1000
Or contact team coordinator Ethel Mercedes: emercedes@channel4.co.uk
Dan Reed – jojo@amospictures.co.uk

Sincerely,

The MJ Online Team

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't know for sure if he did or didn't do it. But why is Wade Robeson always the one saying it. As many kids as Michael spent time with for allegedly the purpose of molesting surely there would be dozens coming forward. R. Kelly had six hours of victim testimony on his documentary, but they've got to go back to the same guy again for this. So for that reason I lean towards him being innocent (although it certainly looked bad so I wouldn't argue with those saying they think he did it.)

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I've always thought Mike was innocent as he doesn't seem the type to hurt a fly, let alone do something despicable to a child. Wade came out with this in 2009
His music, his movement, his personal words of inspiration and encouragement and his unconditional love will live inside of me forever."
Plus he testified in MJs defence in 2005, yet in 2013 he starting throwing accusations around. If he was molested then he'd never would have defended MJ in the first place and certainly not come out with a statement like the one above. Allegedly he's a serial liar too and was shopping around for a book deal.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »