WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Yes, they were probably the stiffest wrestling promotion ever. Giant Baba encouraged wrestlers to really lay it in so the athleticism got over whereas Inoki liked characters and charisma.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that was just crazy, you had Vader having his eye knocked out by Stan as just one example. They should have done the UWFi invasion but the All Japan style was even more stiff than what they were doing :lol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, nobody would buy Takada kicks when he's in there with Kawada.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I wish I was related to The Rock, he gives the most expensive Christmas gifts every year. Plus I'd probably be booked to be a WWE champion even if I sucked.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That's really cool Rock did that for his Mom.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Kenny Omega to have a meeting with Vince & Hunter apparently

https://m.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-rumor ... g-with-wwe

Talk is his downside guarantee will be $3.5m. Guess that explains his absence in the Being the Elite video.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A lot people on Reddit and Twitter seem to be crying about it.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Hogan is a piece of shit, but man they would have done a fuckload of segments over the years. I'm not too fussed so long as Hogan doesn't make it all about himself.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I thought they should get Flair to do it since Gene was one of his best friends and they broke into the business on the same day. But it was inevitable Hogan was going to be coming back to do these kinds of things, so I don't see why anyone would be shocked.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They should have Flair as well, so he can say Mean WOOOOOOOOO! by god Gene!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

It's no surprise WWE are bringing Hulk Hogan back. I know him and Gene date back to the AWA days and he wants to pay his respects but that's something he could do without any publicity, behind the scenes, or in a video package etc. Seems to me WWE are using Mean Genes passing as a really easy excuse to open the door for Hogan to walk back in and for them to try and get ratings. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the next Raw GM either

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Breaking news: WWE is doing an event that actually sounds good.
A tournament featuring NXT, NXT UK, and 205 Live wrestlers has been announced for Royal Rumble Axxess.

The tournament is being called "WWE Worlds Collide" and will feature 15 wrestlers, with five participants coming from each brand. WWE is hyping that the winner of the single-elimination tournament will receive an NXT, NXT UK, or 205 Live title shot of their choosing.

It was noted that the Worlds Collide tournament is being taped for a WWE Network special. Further details on the Network special have yet to be announced.

The order of elimination in a battle royal will determine the matchups for the first round, and the winner of the battle royal will receive a first-round bye. The battle royal and tournament will take place across three Royal Rumble Axxess sessions at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday, January 26 and Sunday, January 27.

UPDATE: Humberto Carrillo, who was known as Ultimo Ninja before signing with WWE, was originally listed as representing 205 Live. That's been changed to "A Superstar to be named." Carrillo has been wrestling on NXT house shows and some episodes of NXT television since joining WWE.

Here's the list of participants for the tournament:

NXT --
Adam Cole
Velveteen Dream
Dominik Dijakovic
Keith Lee
Otis Dozovic
NXT UK --
Mark Andrews
Tyler Bate
Travis Banks
Jordan Devlin
Zack Gibson
205 Live --
Cedric Alexander
Tony Nese
Drew Gulak
TJP
A wrestler to be named later

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ah NXT UK you remain the saving grace of much of the WWE these days, as you can probably tell from that I got round to it last night & rather enjoyed it
Moustache Mountain v Zack Gibson & James Drake - surprising length to kick the show off with but bloody good fun, kind of expected the Brummies to win so a surprise when that didnt happen
Banks v Devlin - well Banks tried to start fast & hard & to be fair he did till getting hoofed into the steps, then it became:
Devlin v Balor - an Irish not so civil war, the look on Devlin's face was rather funny when Finn came out with a mix of wtf? & panic, again solid match
Dennis v Mastif - for a no DQ it wasnt as extreme as it could have been (though most of thats down to the companies no bleeding policy) but featured a good few props & made me smile
Ripply v Storm - not a lot to say, decently solid one
Dunn v Coffee - OK so when you discount to around 10 minutes of introductions & such & the 5-7 after the match the 40odd minutes it took to watch is a bit less but even then its around 30 minutes & its 30 minutes of the knocked seven bells out of each other, Dunn always gives a decent show in twatting everyone he's in the ring against (minus blindside attacks & them ganging up) & Coffee held his own damn well giving as good as he got, a damn fine main event ending

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They'd have a built in feud with the Bucks.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Can talent just quit on the spot?, surely they have to honour their bookings or it's a breach of contract?. But it's not worth keeping them on the roster if they want to go. I assume the 90 days no compete clause is still in effect but Double or Nothing is May 25th so that will definitely clear The Revival and Mike & Maria to work for AEW. I'm assuming there's others too languishing in the midcard who are considering jumping ship too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

No, they have to be released and they'd now probably have to agree not to work for AEW for X amount of time like they used to do to WCW.