Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Some fans have been saying this is all a work but when WWE does things for Make a Wish, Connors Cure, the Breast cancer awareness etc it makes no logical sense they'd put over a fake Cancer storyline since they'd face a gigantic boycott and their stock price would plummet, advertisers would drop them like a hot potato.

Rightly so because Cancer is a devastating disease and them using it to pop a rating and get Roman over would be in incredibly poor taste. But I don't think they'd stoop that low, because of all that negative backlash they'd rightly receive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The Hardys are staying with WWE another year. Their contracts had an option for WWE to sign them for another year at a significant pay raise. And Matt isn't doing the Broken gimmick anymore.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

loved the way they decided to show a clip montage of Romans reasons for leaving so everyone would know the surprise return was coming, I know its hard in this day & age to keep things under wraps but they didnt even try

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Sorry, I'm too jaded for my own good.

As far as Reign's cancer and return, everything is way too coincidental....to quote Rick Martel - "It's a weezerk!"

Fucking tasteless weezerk too.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ronda is shit at Twitter.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I've wondered if she's going to work herself into a shoot like Bret Hart did when he got frustrated Shawn Michaels was killing him on promos every week. We know she has a thin skin and bad temper. But maybe they're friends and she thinks it's funny. But either way she gets owned every single day and Becky makes it look effortless.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dave talked about that on Twitter

I think Ronda's smartened up that wrestling is a work. It's not like it's the UFC fighter who was saying really in poor taste things about suicide to her. If Becky said something like that, then it would fall into shoot category. But if you notice, it's nothing too inflammatory that she's saying to Ronda.Like you say I'm assuming they are friends and she's entertained by it. Otherwise she wouldn't be going along with the whole deal.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Oh boy at this news...

Dana Warrior Has Joined WWE’s Writing Team

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Dana Warrior recently joined WWE’s writing team.

Multiple sources say Dana was at television tapings this week and began working with the creative team to offer an additional female perspective.

We’re told the position isn’t permanent yet, but if things work out that would obviously change.

Dana and Ultimate Warrior married in 1999. Years after his passing in 2014, Dana signed with WWE as a brand ambassador and became involved with various goodwill efforts. She also hosts a podcast called “Total Warriors.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/dana-w ... -creative/

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I hope Dana pitches having Brock Lesnar cut 20 minute promos about how he's having to wrestle giant alligators in space and how he's merged his life energy with Ares to get ready for Wrestlemania.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 pm Dave talked about that on Twitter

I think Ronda's smartened up that wrestling is a work. It's not like it's the UFC fighter who was saying really in poor taste things about suicide to her. If Becky said something like that, then it would fall into shoot category. But if you notice, it's nothing too inflammatory that she's saying to Ronda.Like you say I'm assuming they are friends and she's entertained by it. Otherwise she wouldn't be going along with the whole deal.
I'm just glad Ronda called out the dumb fake mug shot thing they do. What is the point when they don't even try to make it look real? They can't find some wrestling mark cops to bring Becky in for a picture? They're clearly just lazily in the arena hallway. This is what an Atlanta mugshot looks like

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea the whole fake Police thing always makes me :lol: Especially during the Attitude Era when they used to go after Stone Cold.

When he used to hit/kick/stone cold stunner them, I mean logic says he'd catch a charge for hitting a cop. But nope, he even came back during the show :lol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Wrestling people have a skewed perspective because they remember Haku getting away with fighting police.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Torrie & Bruti to the HOF. They should have inducted Joanie as the Woman's HOF inductee since she's going in as part of DX anyway.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They can add Chyna another year, no point in her going in twice at the same time.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I meant having Joanie as the Women's induction this year whilst also being part of the DX induction. Have DX all come out and do a speech about her so she's inducted by them but is given her due. Because it's unlikely they will induct Chyna separately, so this way, at least they could say she was a pioneer for women's wrestling in WWE. Without Joanie breaking the cookie cutter eye candy mold of the Divas they'd be no Beth, Nattie, Nia et al.

No disrespect to Torrie but when it's all about the Women's Revolution now inducting her is harking back to the Bra & Panties, Lingerie pillow fights etc era. Which seem so antiquated today when the women go at it in the ring as much as the guys. Plus there's Jazz, Molly, Victoria as just a few names who should go in ahead of her.

I think if you're inducting that era of eye candy Divas, you should at least put Stacy Keibler in first. Because she had some success outside of WWE on DWTS etc. With the HOF there needs to be some logic attached to it, otherwise you'll get to the point where you induct everyone. I mean you have to be a great to a Hall of Famer because of the prestige associated with that label from other Hall of Fames. That's what WWE should take note of when they choose who to induct. There's guys like Vader, Davey Boy, Rick Rude, Brian Pillman, Owen (yes we know Martha doesn't want him in but he deserves the HOF induction) to name a few. Plus Miss Elizabeth should have gone in with Macho if they don't want to induct her seperately.