All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (Double or Nothing) AEDub!

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cody has his own children's book coming out too

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Is it the Cold Blooded Sausage Maker story?

Although seriously Dusty probably told amazing bed time stories.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea definitely, Dustys stories must have been great.

Trailer for the Kenny doc, they mention a U.K. Showing in the comments which will be cool.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New BTE

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That was a boring one. But Flip was on for a minute.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, I didn't think the Brandi/MJF segment was a good look either. Seemed like a bad segment from the Attitude Era they would try to brush under the carpet today. Since they are the forward thinking, all inclusive company that set them back somewhat. No comedy value whatsoever in berating a woman, I was surprised they put that on there too since it was only International Woman's Day this past Friday.

Cool to see Flip, I'd rather they go back to their older format, show them travelling or like show Kenny sorting out things for AEW in Japan like talking with the DDT guys. Don't have much interest seeing the Bucks backyard tapes (seen that sort of thing before on the Hardyz DVD). Would be :rofl2: if they charged 9.99 per month and it was just their backyard matches on there.

Have a hunch Marty's coming in soon as a heel and Cody will have a shot at the NWA world title again. I said this before but I'd rather The Elite stayed with New Japan since the rise of Switchblade, Gallows and Anderson potentially going back there, Ibushi being exclusive to NJ opens a lot of doors story wise. But with Tony offering them to set up their own company it's an offer you can't really turn down. Plus they don't have to travel as much and spend more time with their families. But from a wrestling perspective, I believe NJPW is the right fit for the Elite. They'd have had a bit of buzz in WWE but ultimately been in a same situation as Nak, Gallows and Anderson are. I think WWE wouldn't have got Kenny and he'd have been in a same situation as Shinsuke is.

I think the hype for AEW is dwindling somewhat too so they need to make some more big name signings or try and get that New Japan partnership. If they did that definitely up their stock because of the talent on offer. Plus you can send the younger talent over there to get experience.

Have they announced what type of wrestling they are presenting yet - Kings Road, Strong Style etc or will it just be similar to the WWE product?. I can't see TV wanting long matches but we'll see.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I wish my dentist looked like Britt Baker.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Adam Cole's a lucky man. Shame he's not part of AEW. Would be cool if they did that Kenny/Adam angle they were teasing on BTE where Ken didn't like Adam.

"I put Dog treats in Pharoahs mouth!"

:olol:
Both MJF and Y2J heeling on him. Codys cane look suits him.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It is a cool cane. Kind of heel looking like Brian Pillman's horsehead cane in 1996.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea it is and it reminds me of the one Brian had too. Doesn't Brian Jr use it now?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Pharaoh's got his own merch now too

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Brandi Rhodes On How Kenny Omega Is Helping Out Behind The Scenes, Potential TV Deal
MARCH 17, 2019
DAVID FENICHEL

Brandi Rhodes was a recent guest on “The Ross Report”. During the interview, she talked about Kenny Omega’s role with the company and how helpful he has been behind the scenes. She also dished on the potential for a TV deal coming to fruition. Here are the highlights:

On Kenny Omega Helping With The Women’s Division:

I’m finding it to be going really, really well. I think a lot of people aren’t aware and now they’re becoming aware because of his recent signing, but Kenny Omega and I are working together on women, so a lot of times I have his support when doing that, especially when it comes to Japanese talent. Clearly, I don’t speak Japanese, but Kenny is fluent in Japanese, so he’s a real bridge-gap for a lot of talent for us, which is amazing.

But in my sense with a lot of the girls I have been working with, it [has] kind of been just a dream. There’s so much talent that’s out there right now. There’s never a shortage of talented women and I don’t think there’s ever going to be, so it [has] been really great getting to watch some of these ladies contour their brands over the years and now they’re going to get this opportunity to be seen on a much larger scale and potentially become stars on their own, which is amazing. So I’ve loved all of the girls that we’ve committed to so far and there are more, absolutely. I know people a lot of times will say, ‘oh my gosh, there’s only this number of girls!’ We’re working all the time, so by the time that you find out one person [has] been signed, we’ve probably signed three more and you just don’t know about it yet. But that’s the beauty of it and the nature of it as the roll out leading to this road to Double Or Nothing and actually just the road to the growth of All Elite Wrestling. It’s amazing. But yeah, I’m really confident in the ladies that we have and the ladies that will be coming soon and I think people will be very impressed by them.

On Planning To Wrestle More Frequently:

There definitely were a couple of weeks in there that I took off, for sure, but I train with Michael [Cuellari], who is our coordinator, QT Marshall is how most people know him, but he’s stays on me. He’s like, ‘when are you coming in? You weren’t in for a couple of weeks. Let’s not let this slide,’ so I’m thankful for him in that sense because I’ve been in the ring as much as possible. I usually try to get in the ring two or three times a week and that kind of has been the case going forward and that [has] been really good. It [has] been a blessing to have such a great facility so close to me because there’s really no excuse. I can pretend I’m so busy that I can’t get in the ring, but Michael, Mike, knows better, so he makes sure I get in there. But yeah, no, it’s definitely something you have to carve time out for now, but he makes it easy, so it’s great to have the facility available to me kind of whenever I want.

On A TV Deal:

When tickets went on sale, the week of the on sale for Double Or Nothing, I’m always the one in the group that is just really good with estimations. Like, when we went on sale with ALL IN, everyone was really nervous about it and saying, like, ‘oh my gosh, I don’t know! I think we’ll sell out before the show. I’m just worried…’ I said, ‘we’re going to sellout in 30 minutes! I guarantee you, it’s going to be a sellout in 30 minutes.’ And everybody was like, ‘no, no, there’s no way.’ We sold out in under 30 minutes. So you would think that people would start to trust me at some point, but yet again, when we go to Double Or Nothing, it was the same thing, ‘I think it will sellout in the same day.’ I said, ‘I think it’ll be 10 minutes.’ Less than 10 minutes. I kind of have a hand on the pulse of what’s going on with that, so when it comes to us being able to contour something really great that fans will be able to watch on a regular basis, my confidence is the same with that.

I don’t have any doubt that we’re going to be able to provide television that is going to be great. I don’t think anybody should be worried in any way, shape, or form. We’re a group that likes to kind of release things how we like to release things. It’s just one of those things where you’re going to have to trust us.” Rhodes added, “we know what we’re doing.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ross-report/a ... odes/embed

Source: https://lordsofpain.net/brandi-rhodes-o ... l-tv-deal/

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Kota Ibushi Shares His ‘Real’ Feelings About Kenny Omega
By Jake Jeremy- March 8, 2019

Kota Ibushi recently sat down with New Japan’s English Language site NJPW1972.com to discuss a number of topics. The ‘Golden Star’ recently confirmed that he would be staying with New Japan instead of heading to the new All Elite Wrestling promotion. Ibushi’s longtime Golden Lovers tag partner Kenny Omega decided to leave Japan. This was of course covered as part of the interview. NJPW stated that this interview would reveal Kota’s “real feelings” about Omega

When asked about Omega leaving Ibushi replied “Kenny has his own path to follow and I support him with it completely. I’d like to see Kenny change the world with wrestling, but I don’t want to lose to him. I’m going to fight my battles with everything I’ve got. Looking back now, I think Kenny really overshadowed me in New Japan, right?”

The interviewer then asked Ibushi if he felt that the team was a “50/50 relationship” as Omega has mentioned in the past. Kota had an interesting response, stating that “No. When I look at what he’s achieved, Kenny’s won the G1 and was IWGP Heavyweight Champion, two things I’ve never done. Because I felt that I was not on the same level as him, I was always conscious about linking arms and teaming-up with him.”

Full interview with Kota:
https://www.njpw1972.com/45718

Source: https://www.sescoops.com/kota-ibushi-sh ... nny-omega/

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Not included in the recap but I thought this was interesting
Q: Were there a lot of questions from fans about whether you were staying or leaving?

Ibushi: Yes that’s right. I’m so sorry I made everyone worry. By saying it out loud it made my own feelings a lot clearer as well. However, some feelings are still not completely settled yet.

Q: What do you mean by that?

Ibushi: Well… I… uh…

Q: Is there something you can’t talk about? Do you think you could talk about it some day?

Ibushi: Maybe that day will come. [smiles sadly] It’ll be easier to talk about it then.
Seems that's a reference to Kenny. Interesting that Kota's a bit secretive and you could even say hurt about how things ended whereas Kenny, I think said in a Tokyo Sports interview they are still friends/on good terms. I think Kota Ibushi would have been a huge signing for AEW but if I'm correct he didn't want to leave Japan. However I'm sure AEW could have offered him a good deal to work selected dates to wrestle in the US and he could still freelance and work with DDT etc. Speaking of working with other companies, I know they are working with DDT, but have they deliberately avoided working with NOAH and All Japan as to not close the door on a possible New Japan partnership?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New BTE~!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Spoiler
At the end of the vid, Cody gets his bionic hearing back. He put this in the comments

"I heard what you said MJF"

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

In the new Observer Dave said Arn Anderson is trying to trademark Four Horsemen (which WWE never did) with the idea he would get it and manage a new Four Horsemen in AEW.