WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea they'll most likely end up in AEW, or they could go back to New Japan. Would be a big deal if they went back to NJPW and re-joined the Bullet Club.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Probably not New Japan. They didn't like being so far away from their families constantly. Unless you really love it like Stan Hansen the travel breaks most people. Even Chris Benoit who loved New Japan and knew he'd never be as over in the US as he was in Japan eventually got sick of the travel and looked for a WCW deal.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Harlem Heat will be inducted as a tag team.Yaks beware.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Eminem signed a deal to do the soundtrack to WWE 2K20 and appear on a few episodes of Smackdown to promote it.

It reminded me of that rumor that he was going to wrestle in a tag match at Wrestlemania 23 (in Detroit). People really believed that strongly. That was weird.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I actually never heard that Eminem in WWE rumour or I've forgot about it
:lol: That would have been early 2007 time so would that have been on the old BG board?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

So apparently they are cutting the HOF speeches to 15 minutes and they'll be no one inducting the inductees.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Poor Kurt is going to have to retire on a pre-show.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Raw house shows sound awful.

Ronda did a short match with Dana Brooke and then gave the fans a DX "suck it". She got a pop trying to be a heel because she's an attractive woman telling male fans to suck her pussy. Then the main event was Braun vs Baron Corbin. Those poor people.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kurt Angle's final WWE match will be a piss break.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He will get a 7 minute match and as he's crying at the end in an emotional moment they'll cut backstage for the Weekend Update guys to do a bad skit. But he'll probably get a Raw segment.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I saw he's facing Corbin. For his last match you'd think they'd put him in against a better opponent.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Vince loves him.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

guess the writters like the crap on Kofi angle then

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

watched nxt uk last night & again it beat the us offering, a big part was the crowd in the last match as I dont think an american crowd would ever be chanting "arseface" at drake along with "he's got his own face on his arse" to the tune of whole world in his hands at which point I just laughed a fair bit

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They looked so out of place. Like if Brutus Beefcake came back for the Attitude Era looking and acting like he did in 1988.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The Bellas? Yea they were a throwback to the Divas era, but saying that, Alexa and Mandy seem like they'd have fit well back then too. When you have women's wrestlers who can really go now as good as the guys they cant really compete at that high level. Brie KOing Liv was a real bad look and I think Nikki should have stayed out of the ring anyway as her neck was badly messed up. They'll do OK out of the ring though as they have their own business(es) and their E! show.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Alexa works because she's really good as a character, and you do need someone to carry the promos when nobody else besides Becky (and Paige but who knows what's going on with her) is a good promo. And the Bellas were never good actresses. They looked good and rose up the ranks by who they dated and their abilities were better suited to reality television. Although Nikki worked hard to become decent in the ring, but Brie was always bad. She got a pass because the people who criticize bad ring work are big Daniel Bryan fans and Nikki didn't get enough praise for improving because the same people don't like Cena. I'd say Nikki is at least as good as Trish Stratus was, and similarly Trish also started out bad and then vastly improved. But Trish also looked out of place (although granted she'd been retired for 10 years.)