Michael Jackson Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Michael Jackson Thread

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Razorfist is doing a really good job defending MJ but I'd have to correct him that Channel 4 does have ad breaks, but it went to break after a big "allegation" so very crafty editing to elicit emotional responses.

I think Stevie puts that point across in that its purpose is to generate sympathy and elicit emotion. But idk if its him or Razorfist who says the "doc" follows a pattern of propaganda movies of two truths and a lie. Which perfectly fits the narative that Reed and co are trying to put over.

Will.i.am reiterates a point I made posts ago that MJ wouldn't hurt a fly

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... n-14206115

I think a real documentary with both sides of the story has to be made, independently. Even Louis Theroux has a vested interest in an anti Michael Jackson film. But he's probably still salty he paid Joe $10,000 for an interview and that he'd try and talk to Michael about Louis interviewing him.

I think he got about 5-10 minutes at best from Joe until he said something offensive and got shutdown. I like Louis as a documentarian but he seems easily swayed by public opinion. He should know with the Scientology doc he made that not is all as it seems at face value.

I think Taj has raised just over $100k so far where the Gofundme goal is $700k. Idk whether he'll still proceed with the doc if it doesn't reach the goal but I believe he's started work on it already. It's something though his estate should have been on immediately to debunk every allegation and holes in their timelines and story. I don't even think Dan Reed fact checked anything which he definitely should have which is why fans have found glaring mistruths and inconsistencies in James and Wades testimonies.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Quick answer: YES

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Some actor guy is buying the BS hook, line and sinker in the BBC tweet comments. Talking about Mike was bigger than the FBI :rofl2: Its the FBI not the Keystone cops :rofl2:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

What does that even mean? Like the FBI Director at the time would say "No, I loved Thriller, call off the investigation"? They just investigated the sitting President (who is also richer than Jackson) for 2 years. John Lennon was investigated forever, and he's one of the few people you can say was bigger than Michael Jackson.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Exactly, some people are so buying into this as facts try come out with the most outlandish statements. People are coming back at the guy with true facts and he STILL believes their "testimony" :rofl2:

Good point about John too, I read a book
about his FBI file/investigation a while back.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/john-le ... i-history/

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

https://www.nme.com/news/music/michael- ... nd-2469413

Funny how the media changes their tone after Mikes fan base has done a million times better investigative work than they'll ever do.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Taj has raised $115,000 for his doc
https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/0 ... -gofundme/

It's reportedly a new statement from Mike's estate, but seems more a 'cut & paste' comments from other places:
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/exclus ... 1833782839

In theory, the Estate should have gone all guns blazing at HBO, Channel 4 & the accusers/Reed at the beginning and presented the real facts. You've got MJ's fanbase, Razorfist and the other fans making documentaries, searching through court documents etc. essentially doing the job they should be doing.

Reed is backpedaling now and coming out with more weird statements on his Twitter:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... s-14238506

I'm intrigued what his actual agenda is, will he get a cut of the Estate if the two "victims" succeed in suing because there's no real logical conclusion otherwise. Unless Reed wants to be famous for destroying Michael Jackson''s legacy, but that's not going to happen, fans have pulled this documentary to shreds and the more you look into it, nothing matches up, timelines are out of wack and James talking about he was cast asunder when he hit puberty, which is total BS, as in actuality there's photos of image at 16/17 holding a umbrella for MJ when he was married to Lisa Marie.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

HBO have pulled the Leaving Neverland "documentary" which was supposedly still be on there til September

https://kysdc.com/3711435/hbo-pulls-plu ... r-youtube/

Channel 4 seem to have followed suit too

Edit: HBO have said they will keep it on their On Demand service after April 17th

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

We should move this to to MJ thread. But I don't think pushing Beyonce has anything to do with it. Music needs a living singer to be considered the greatest by their generation (millennials in her case) and people like that a woman is the biggest star in music. And she was being pushed as that years before Leaving Neverland, I'd say when Lemonade came out you saw the fawning of her in the media. And the younger generation are going crazy for Billie Eilish, so she'll probably get the same treatment soon.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... -coachella

Things like this
Beyoncé has absolutely become the kind of omnipresent figure that can only be compared to an artist of MJ's stature.
I like Beyonce but "Lemonade" is no where in the same league as "Thriller". I can't really think of any iconic song she's made which matches any of MJs biggest hits. As a performer, Michael is light years ahead of her. I can name a number of female artists who are better than Beyoncé, but Michael Jackson is in a league of his own. For the cultural impact of his own, appealing to audiences all over the world, only really Elvis and the Beatles did, but at the peak of his heyday, MJ was the preeminent #1 artist.

This though

https://www.joe.ie/music/beyonce-coache ... ter-622703

Better than Mike? :rofl2: Good example I was talking about trying to erase his importance and legacy?. But seriously, in my opinion, Tina Turner is a better performer than Beyoncé plus she has more memorable songs. Diana Ross is better too, as solo and with the Supremes. As are Whitney, Aretha, Roberta Flack, Gladys Knight, Patti Labelle, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Chaka, Mariah, Donna Summer, Sade, Lauryn Hill, Mary J Blige, Toni Braxton, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Minnie Riperton, Janet, Dusty Springfield, Ella Fitzgerald, Teena Marie to name but a few are in my opinion better than Beyoncé.

Also whats not factored in was MJ had all this huge popularity pre-internet. So there's a ton of anti MJ bias out there and the media trying to downplay Michael Jackson and put Beyoncé on a pedestal. MJs music videos were a huge must see deal, I can't think of any video "Single Ladiea" maybe but that copied another video, that has had any major impact. Janaelle Monaes Dirty Computer video/mini movie was better than Lemonade.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's just a bad opinion. I mean, that one article had the person saying Chris Brown was as good of a dancer as Michael, they just don't know what they're talking about. I'm guessing they're just the type who don't think anything old can compare to modern music. You can find lots of people claiming various musicians were better than The Beatles or say Pet Sounds wasn't good or people say Prince only did one good album with Purple Rain. I don't think Jay-Z is close to being the greatest rapper ever, but I don't think people saying that are trying to hurt the legacies of others. It's just that he was the biggest star during their formative years and they didn't experience Rakim or Biggie or Wu Tang or whoever. And I'm sure you'd find some old Big Daddy Kane or Slick Rick fan who'd say those mentioned sucked too. People say Ariana Grand is better than Whitney and Mariah, I don't think they're out to take them down. Those writers probably weren't even old enough to experience HIStory, much less Thriller or Bad and aren't the type like us that appreciate music before our time. All they know is the world where Michael was hated by everybody and had too much plastic surgery, so they don't feel he warranted checking out his music or videos.

Plus some online writers just write click bait to get a reaction. People see the "Beyonce is better than MJ" headline, say "that's crazy!" and click to read it. Now those types of sites have writers either doing "Game of Thrones is better than (enter beloved show here)" or "Game of Thrones is the most overrated show ever" articles. Sites struggle to make money where even big ones like Buzzfeed are in financial trouble. They'll say anything for traffic to the site.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

:mj: stopping traffic in Beverly Hills

:mj: really was in a league of his own with his Superstar status. I can't ever see anyone else reaching that level nowadays.