Hawq
Site Admin

American Reacts to Father Ted

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: American Reacts to Father Ted

Post by Bandit »

They showed it on TV here a few years after it ended, so I don't know why the guy is acting like it's mysterious. It wasn't as popular in America as re-airings of Mr. Bean or Keeping Up Appearances but it had a strong cult following on cable. I think the only classic British TV comedy that was never shown in America are the Chris Morris shows. I had to buy Brass Eye, Nathan Barley and Jam on DVD because no cable channel would take him.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Bandit wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:46 am They showed it on TV here a few years after it ended, so I don't know why the guy is acting like it's mysterious. It wasn't as popular in America as re-airings of Mr. Bean or Keeping Up Appearances but it had a strong cult following on cable. I think the only classic British TV comedy that was never shown in America are the Chris Morris shows. I had to buy Brass Eye, Nathan Barley and Jam on DVD because no cable channel would take him.
I hadn't heard of it (or Black Books) until The AV Club started recapping The IT Crowd a few years ago. The commenters kept bringing up the other shows and that's how I found them so it's conceivable that he might not know about it.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »