The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by pixel »

I haven't stepped foot into KFC in a few years, but both locations in my town had a buffet last time I checked. It's possible that they nixed the buffets though, we've had two KFCs close in the past 7 years.

KFC buffets are amazing when you're wasted or stoned :olol: One of the locations also serves A&W root beer and burgers:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

:olol: I'd be Homer in the moo moo. Or Cartman with the gravy reserve.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

There used to be buffets around us, but most of them closed. I went to one in Kentucky late last year and it was amazing.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Australia's not a big buffet place. I've only been to one as a kid, it wasn't bad, roast lamb and steak and that sort of stuff, but I only got 1 regular plate of food because I wasn't a big eater. Now, I'd get an extra plate or 2.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah buffets are an American specialty. The only one I regularly go to is a sushi buffet that's pretty good. I have terrible metabolism so I can't chow down at like a Golden Corral type one unfortunately. I've got to count my calories to keep my girlish figure.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Buffets are either gross and rundown, or specialized in something like Asian food these days. Almost all of the old-fashioned, family feedbag places closed down about 10 years ago around here but were popular when I was a kid. They used to have fried chicken, roast beef and sides like mashed potatoes and gravy.

I remember thinking of our town's first Chinese buffet as some sort of high-end cuisine with exotic food. :olol: We stopped going there when my dad saw a worker walking through the dining room with a can of roach spray.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I do kind of miss buffets. I remember when Pizza hut had restaurants that were all you could eat buffet style.
Pizza hut was the middle ground of Buffet style. Not too expensive, but the food was always nice enough. Hot, freshly cooked pizzas, fresh salads, fully working drinks station and decent selection of desserts.

In Melbourne, we had smorgy's. Smorgys was the bottom of the barrel. The food was crap, but it was cheap as shit and there was lots of it so nobody cared.

Last time I went to a Buffet was actually 2017 in Canberra. $50 for all you can eat which initially seemed like a lot for one person for a buffet. But the roasts, and pasta dishes were amazing, and since I spent that much I certainly got my fill.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Poor old Smorgy's.

Remembering Smorgy’s: Australia's Best Worst Restaurant Ever

There's a buffet place in Frankston but it looks terrible.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:32 pm Poor old Smorgy's.

Remembering Smorgy’s: Australia's Best Worst Restaurant Ever

There's a buffet place in Frankston but it looks terrible.

That Smorgys that burnt down was actually the one near me, and it had been closed for a long time before the fire. I also remember people used to dump a shitload of junk there after the building was abandoned as well. fridges, couches, TVs, building rubble, and random household rubbish. Now it's units. (because everything is)

You should try the salmonella place. Everyone loves Salmon!! and $20 for all you can eat is better than the million dollars for chips in South Australia
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:31 am Pizza hut was the middle ground of Buffet style. Not too expensive, but the food was always nice enough. Hot, freshly cooked pizzas, fresh salads, fully working drinks station and decent selection of desserts.
Please don't remind me of what we lost. That place was great for Sunday mornings after a good night out.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, when I was in college my friend and I would get stoned and then tear up that Pizza Hut buffet when we had the munchies. They probably hated us.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Everyone loved Pizza Hut!

I actually had some the other day for the first time since they stopped doing the hotdog crusts (which were almost as good as having the restaurant.. in my mind there’s a thought where I can go into a restaurant and have a hotdog stuffed crust pepperoni, and it’s as close to heaven as I can envisage)
And it was SHIT... overpriced, took way to fucking long to make, had no toppings and was bland.

It could be worse though because dominos exists

Dominos pizza I swear to god is frozen home brand $3 pizzas with 20 cents of extra cheese on top.

Even my local pizza shop is crap now... the new owners kept the food good, but jacked the price up to almost double.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I haven’t been this excited in a while. I will be in front of my computer on Thursday just waiting to order.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bill Cosby strongly encouraging you to drink something is creepy af in hindsight.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

“Bill Cosby wrote:A new explosion of wonderfulness in your mouth. Go ahead, try it.
:uhoh:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Why is San Andreas popular again between this and the Ah Shit Here We Go Again meme?