Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Keep taking their money and talking about how progressive they are, WWE.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

So Becky was going at it with Edge and Beth on Twitter and... it didn't end well

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Keep taking their money and talking about how progressive they are, WWE.
Yea it's a bad look on their part. But the WWE apologists will say but they gave the ladies the Evolution PPV. What I don't get is that WWE doesn't catch any heat over this. Seems they are teflon when it comes to PR disasters though.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Like I've said it's because nobody takes wrestling seriously in the media. John Oliver is a fan so that's why he did two shows bashing them for Crown Jewel and the show about independent contractors. Everybody else thinks it's a silly human cartoon for kids and poor people. It doesn't matter that they're a billion dollar company, on Fox, that Linda worked for Trump, or anything else. The media is stuck still wondering if the fans know it's fake. The attitude is "Well, we've known Vince is a piece of trash since 1991 and those guys are all on drugs so who cares."

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I can't wait to hear Dave and Bryan bury this show on WOR.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

"Vince" is trending on Twitter, he's getting accused of elder abuse for letting UT/Goldberg fight.

Holy shit at that Tombstone.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

What a colossal fuckup of a show from top to bottom. I was going to watch it but I had better things to do. Like nap.
Feel so bad for taker. Goldberg had no business being in the ring any longer than two minutes tops. Whoever scripted that match should be taken out back and shot.
Two million dollars and that's what the WWE paid for. What a pile of horseshit. When does AEW come back on?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 am Like I've said it's because nobody takes wrestling seriously in the media. John Oliver is a fan so that's why he did two shows bashing them for Crown Jewel and the show about independent contractors. Everybody else thinks it's a silly human cartoon for kids and poor people. It doesn't matter that they're a billion dollar company, on Fox, that Linda worked for Trump, or anything else. The media is stuck still wondering if the fans know it's fake. The attitude is "Well, we've known Vince is a piece of trash since 1991 and those guys are all on drugs so who cares."
Very good points, but they should take it seriously. If this was a NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA team they'd be called out on everything. They shouldn't be operating under the radar. It's essentially a travelling circus and its business practices are reminiscent of what they'd be in the 1800s.

As for Taker and Bill, Neither should be in the ring now. I just watched the gifs/highlights video and some terrible botches going on. Take spikes Goldberg on his head, he's not going up fully for the Jackhammer so he got spiked on his head too. Looked just from the highlights alone like a inadvertent homage to a All Japan strong style match from the 90s.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They just need a way for Undertaker to do his entrance and then disappear. Or just Tombstone jobbers for a minute. I don't blame him at all for taking the money, but it would have been so much better if he really retired after the Roman match. That was a great moment with him laying his gear in the ring and then the next night on Raw they chanted his name for 5 minutes. But now when he retires and the marks at the Hall of Fame chant "One More Match!" like idiots nobody is going to care. It's like Brett Favre. He had a huge moment retiring from Green Bay and then came back too many times so nobody gave a shit when he really retired. And it's a shame because Undertaker deserved the best send off WWE has give since he was always loyal and wrecked his body for the company.

It would have been cool if at Wrestlemania they did a thing where he does his pose and then lightning strikes and he disappears and that's the last time the character is ever seen. Then he could be himself in interviews. In the interviews out of character he's done he seems like a really likable guy, so I'd rather see that than him in physical pain wrestling. His back and knees are in horrible shape.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Watched the HHH/Orton match. I have no idea why, because what a glob of shit that was.