All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (All Out August 31st) AEDub!

Post by Big Boss Man »

Chris Van Vliet has signed with AEW

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/ ... ew-657894/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Making Marvez even more useless.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Must really suck to deal with trolls with the intent of spewing just horrid rhetoric and intent on winding folks up to get a reaction. Social media in the wrong hands is toxic and I think Twitter and other social media platforms
need a zero tolerance policy to crack down heavily on bullying/trolling etc.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 am Making Marvez even more useless.
I think he was OK breaking down stats etc during one of the Road to videos. That's his forte and that came across well because he does that for the NFL Network if I'm correct. For announcing you need to be on the ball 100% and they don't have a Vince barking in their ear to direct them so it's more so they have to adlib out there. Which considering its his first time out of the gate even the most confident would find it difficult. He might get improve down the line once the team begins to gel. Otherwise just have him be the stats guy who can break down wins/losses etc

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New BTE~!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I would do a Cody vs Allin rematch.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jericho said it will be big. But his gimmick is trolling the fans. So it might end up being Hornswoggle and El Torito. Coming out to "Cult Of Personality". Or Ralphus and Mr. Hughes :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This is just great. They are on the right direction. I say it every time, but MJF is just so gifted.

Also I hope these tickets are easy to get because Friday at noon I've got to be driving to meet a client. So I hope I don't get pulled over for using my phone while driving trying to get tickets. :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hope you get tickets, should be a great show. I like Codys approach where they are targeting their core fanbase. Because at the end of the day, that's why they created AEW in the first place to bring back pro-wrestling to the wrestling fans. If by chance lapsed fans and the non fans get into AEW that's a plus, because they won't be changing just to appease the wider demographic.

He handled the "blood and guts" remark well too and in such a way he turned into part of a rallying cry to get the fans behind AEW. I think Cody will be an integral part of AEW, if the TV show is anything like the videos he's produced on his Nightmare Family channel then it'll be must see.

In like 5/6 minutes he's made his match with Spears a match that could main event the show because of the build up alone. Factor in MJF too and where his loyalties lie then it's a match that you want to see.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It sold out in 2 minutes. Good for AEW, bad for me because now if I want to go I'll have to pay at least double the price to a ticket scalper broker. They have to do something about the ticket bots. And I logged on at 12pm and waited 5 minutes "in line" only for every tickets I put in my cart came up as already purchased before I could pay. It was total bullshit. But at least AEW is getting paid I guess. But I never had this problem with WWE or any other promotion putting tickets on sale.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You can still get tickets according to AEW & Cody.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It still won't let me buy any tickets. Now error codes are coming up.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:14 am It sold out in 2 minutes. Good for AEW, bad for me because now if I want to go I'll have to pay at least double the price to a ticket scalper broker. They have to do something about the ticket bots. And I logged on at 12pm and waited 5 minutes "in line" only for every tickets I put in my cart came up as already purchased before I could pay. It was total bullshit. But at least AEW is getting paid I guess. But I never had this problem with WWE or any other promotion putting tickets on sale.
Yea it really sucks that genuine fans can't get tickets but scalpers are and profiting from it. There's an article about bots here

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/0 ... lper_bots/
Distil Networks warns that 78 per cent of bots are so sophisticated that they are not detectable: they emulate the same behaviors as human users, and so make it extremely difficult to cut them off, and allow actual people in.

When ticket scalps are confident that an event will sell out, it becomes next to impossible to make it through: Distil notes that it saw a 99.96 per cent bot percentage on one ticketing domain.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

$20 tickets being sold for $300 up on StubHub. I don't think there's much AEW can do unfortunately unless they set up a unique ticket buying system where it circumvents the bots algrothims. But that might make things too complicated. Or have a unique password that is generated via email which you have to type in but that would act as a way to overcome the bots since they'd have to be part of a mailing list.

I would keep trying for tickets, you might get lucky. Better that than having to pay over the odds. Shame they don't cancel out the scalped tickets and put them back on sale at the original prices but I don't know how complicated that would be.