NFL Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ahh, it's nice not to have to make excuses for Joe Flacco.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Cam ran out of hats so he stole his grandmother's scarf.

I hope he starts wearing those weird hats the royal women wear at weddings.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:olol: That or something like this tasteful number from the Kentucky Derby

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Gronkowski told CBS News in an interview Tuesday he suffered “probably, like, 20 concussions” in his life -- with five of those being “blackout ones” while he was playing football.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rob-gron ... otball-nfl

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I believe him. He was such a physical player that you had to maul to bring down. He's a good guy so I hope he'll be okay. He definitely shouldn't be going to WWE like he wanted after his retirement. He should just run his CBD business and relax. I wouldn't mind him on one of the pre-game shows since he's pretty funny.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Somebody wants a ESPN GameDay job.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 am I believe him. He was such a physical player that you had to maul to bring down. He's a good guy so I hope he'll be okay. He definitely shouldn't be going to WWE like he wanted after his retirement. He should just run his CBD business and relax. I wouldn't mind him on one of the pre-game shows since he's pretty funny.
Yea he needs to stay away from any contact sports now. I'm surprised the UFC, Bellator etc haven't asked him if he wants to try MMA but that would be even worse than wrestling. Vince should hire him to be an announcer for the XFL and speaking of which I wouldn't be surprised if he offers him a big money contract to play.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:53 am

Somebody wants a ESPN GameDay job.
:olol:

What a bunch of stupid arguments. He didn't get paid so other kids shouldn't get paid? Awesome, let's never change anything because it'll hurt his ego. And he used my favorite buzzword: Entitlement. Oh boy, that sounds like a talking point written by the GOP themselves.

Tebow talks like the type of knob goblin that tells poor people to pull themselves up by the boot straps. He acts like the neo-con jerks I hear yammering on at football tailgates about "integrity" and "values."

And what a shitty take on the holiness of college football: I'd say the NCAA is ranked third behind FIFA and the NFL on the scumbag index. Fuck them and fuck Tim Tebow.

I don't think college athletes need to be paid like NFL stars and there needs to be hard salary caps and endorsement limits. There is truth to thinking that money will ruin college football on a competitive level, but that should have been considered before conference realignments and TV deals ruined college football back in 1996.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Plenty of great takes over in the Deadspin comments:

I thought about it, and I think Tim Tebow's sanctimonious douchbaggery just gets me mad every time I hear his voice. I live in the Midwest, which is home to millions of Tebow followers and it makes me really depressed.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

People still like him? I forgot he existed until today.

I think players should be paid if the NCAA is signing billion dollar TV deals. Not in the way that there'd be bidding wars for the kids, but a set wage for everyone. Some of these guys destroy their bodies or brains without an NFL deal to ever show for it. So give them 50 grand a year.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 am I think players should be paid if the NCAA is signing billion dollar TV deals. Not in the way that there'd be bidding wars for the kids
Exactly. I don't get why that's such an evil concept. I'd like trust the NCAA to be judicious with the rules, but they'll fuck it up somehow.
Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 amPeople still like him? I forgot he existed until today.
Like him? People trip over themselves to praise him as some sort of Christian prophet and savior. He puts his name onto movies and travels the country to talk to Fellowship Of Christian athletes (at about $50,000 per event). He's the leader of the block-headed, polo shirt-wearing dads across the country that want their children to extrapolate an evangelical Christian lifestyle from playing fucking sports.

One of my biggest fears about having children is the possibility of having these fake-ass jokers in my daily life.

That's all beside the point that he's a poster boy for pro-life groups. Did you know that he wouldn't have been a mediocre NFL quarterback if his mom HAD ABORTED HIM? Seriously, his goddamn Wikipedia page praises the fact that the Philippines and its anti-abortion laws as the reason why Tim Tebow is alive today.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Okay. I'm not around Christians at all and only know Republicans who just like the economic policies and not the Jesus stuff, so I don't know what they're up to. I only hear about it when Kirk Cameron does some awful movie and that gem Kevin Sorbo is about to release.

So to me I just thought Tebow was trying to play minor league baseball.

I saw an ad a while back for Terry Bradshaw coming to some church in the DC area, that's about it. Christians don't like coming here to the lair of Satan I guess.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

That Kevin Sorbo movie looks painfully bad :olol: :vomit:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He was a great player and had an inspiring life story raising his siblings while in college and making it to his hometown NFL team to win a Super Bowl. One of his brothers died in an accident the year they won the Super Bowl so he dedicated the season to him and had his best season. He was also an intern for Elijah Cummings while in college. I was sorry when he was traded.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I forgot about that game right after he died:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod