Jeez laweez! I had no idea a Dreamcast could yellow worse than a Super Nintendo!

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Jeez laweez! I had no idea a Dreamcast could yellow worse than a Super Nintendo!

Post by Calavera »

Just look at that thing! I've got stuff from the 80s that was originally white and have yellowed but nothing near that bad! That Dreamcast must have been sitting in extreme direct sunlight since 1999! I wonder if the controller and VMU was as yellowed as the console?

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Jeez laweez! I had no idea a Dreamcast could yellow worse than a Super Nintendo!

Post by melancholy »

I’ll bet the owner smoked. That would help explain it.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Jeez laweez! I had no idea a Dreamcast could yellow worse than a Super Nintendo!

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:43 pm I’ll bet the owner smoked. That would help explain it.
That is very possible. If you smoke in the same room all the time it doesn't take long before the walls has a nasty residue all over them. You know if that Dreamcast had clean power and reset buttons and a clean controller port bezel I could have been fooled into thinking it was a limited edition yellow Dreamcast at first glance.

Here is where I found it act if you want to check out the other pictures of it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/dreamcast-cons ... 7675.l2557

I just noticed it is a Japanese model. Some Japanese guy was probably chain smoking with his Dreamcast sitting in a window while he played Shenmue. :olol:

Manoel
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by Manoel »

I opened this thread expecting a yellow horse.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

The first controller port didn't yellow at all but the others did. Clearly he had no friends.