DVD Video software? It has been so long I have no idea!

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

DVD Video software? It has been so long I have no idea!

Post by Calavera »

I need to burn a movie onto a DVD for someone and it has been so many years since I've done this that I have no software installed. If anybody here still burns movies to DVD what software do you recommend. I believe I used some kind of Nero program in the past. All I remember about it was that it would show you a video preview as it converted the file.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: DVD Video software? It has been so long I have no idea!

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I used to use ConvertXtoDVD but haven't used it for at least half a decade. It's probably still good though.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I tend to use ConvertXtoDVD normally, havent done much with it since all the virus stuff started as not seen anyone to give any DVD's to but its what I normally stick to. Alternatively WinX DVD Author or DVD Flick can give good results as well.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

So three months later I finally ended up making the DVDs. The program I went with is called DVDStyler. It is very simple and straightforward to use. It allows you to make custom menus and handles any re-encoding that needs to be done. So pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a DVD authoring program.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Good to know :) DVD authoring software has always been a crapshoot