Sony General Games Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Sony General Game Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

or read about it here

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ape Escape 2 PS2 on PS4 is out now.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Ape Escape 2 PS2 on PS4 is out now.
I randomly saw that last night and almost impulse bought it. Then I remembered my PC can actually run PS2 emulation now.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

PlayStation Now rumoured to be coming to PC later this month

For those of you who have no idea what PlatStation Now is, it is an online game streaming service which allows gamers to Stream a large library of PlayStation games to your PS3, PS4, PlayStation Vita and other select Sony devices for a monthly fee of £12.99.

Rumour has it that PlayStation is set to be coming to PC later this month on August 23rd in Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK, with a future release in the US and Canada a week after. , a new feature which will require official drivers for both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 controllers on PC.

If this rumour is true this will require official drivers for both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 controllers on PC platform, doing away with the need for unofficial 3rd party drivers.

If Sony has the server capacity to handle a large number of additional gamers on PlayStation Now, Sony has a chance to earn a large amount of money by opening up PlayStation now to PC.

With games like The Last of Us and Uncharted 1-3 on PlayStation Now we think a lot of PC gamers would be interested in the service, even if it is just for a single month to play some of Sony's exclusive titles.

source

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

The LEGO Harry Potter Collection is coming to PS4

Warner Bros and TT Games today announced the LEGO Harry Potter is coming to PS4 as a remastered collection, bringing LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 together in one place.

- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is based on the first four books and films - Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, allowing fans to experience Harry's first four years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in full LEGO form.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 transports players through the final three books and final four films - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to experience Harry’s last years at Hogwarts and his battle against Lord Voldemort in the ultimate fight between good and evil.

Also included is all the Character Pack DLC, featuring 10 characters - Godric Gryffindor, Harry (Yule Ball), Helga Hufflepuff, Lockhart (Straightjacket), Luna (Lion Head), Peeves, Hermione (Pink Dress), Ron Weasley (Ghoul), Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin.

In addition teh Spell Pack DLC included on disc features 5 spells - Cantis, Densaugeo, Ducklifors, Melofors and Tentaclifors.

The game is available on 21st October, 2016 in Europe for a suggested retail price of £39.99.

source slightly temting as I havent done much in the first one on my 360 yet

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Last Of Us!

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Giana Sisters! :whatthe:
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Looks like Red Faction will be the next PS2 game on the PS4.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

GAME appear to be charging people to try PlayStation VR

I can't get no...

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Good thing they went out of business here so they couldn't do it in AU.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Matisfaction wrote:GAME appear to be charging people to try PlayStation VR

Is it for the person who has to clean up the vomit?

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Hawq wrote:The LEGO Harry Potter Collection is coming to PS4

The game is available on 21st October, 2016 in Europe for a suggested retail price of £39.99.

source slightly temting as I havent done much in the first one on my 360 yet
One thing I'll say about this generation, at least the shovelware has gotten a lot better.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The collection will arrive on March 9 in Japan, March 28 in North America and March 31 in Europe.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The King of Fighters ’94 Hits PS4 October 27, More Classics Inbound

Over the past three years, Hamster has released a wide variety of classic coin-op hits for PS4 in its Arcade Archives lineup, and we’re excited to reveal our new ACA Neo Geo series that brings SNK’s beloved games back into your living room.

Since its debut in 1990, the Neo Geo enthused video game fans from around the globe with games that were “bigger, badder, and better” than anything else in the arcade or at home… and you’ll finally have perfect conversions of some of these legendary titles.

The first game in the ACA Neo Geo series is The King of Fighters ’94, which launches October 27 on PS4!

The King of Fighters ’94 originally launched on Neo Geo way back in 1994, injecting new life into the fighting game genre by mixing popular characters from SNK’s Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, and Ikari Warriors franchises into one massive invitational hand-to-hand tournament. The King of Fighters ’94’s unique three-on-three battles and intricate special move systems had a massive impact on subsequent fighting games, and it gave birth to an ongoing saga that continues to this day with 2016’s amazing PS4 offering, The King of Fighters XIV.

The following games will launch in 2016:*

Metal Slug
Samurai Shodown
Alpha Mission II
Fatal Fury
World Heroes

And the following games will arrive in early 2017:*

Neo Turf Masters
Nam-1975

Hamster will continue to work closely with SNK Playmore to not only choose games in the most famous franchises, but also to shed light on some cult classics and hidden gems. Stay tuned for more on the ACA Neo Geo line-up!

*Subject to change.

Source: Playtsation Blog

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Remasters of Patapon & LocoRoco are also coming out on the PS4.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I kinda want Crash, but I need to know how much they have repaired the original. I read that they fixed the save system, which is good, but did they change the damn-near impossible gem collection requirement where you have to both find and break all the boxes without dying? Because that shit was dumb in the original when you spend most of the mid and end levels on tiny platforms over pits.