Metal Gear Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Metal Gear Thread

Post by Hawq »

Konami has announced that it'll be releasing Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience, which includes both Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain.

The double pack is due for release on October 14 for PS4, Xbox One and PC and includes both games plus all the previously released DLC content. This also includes Ground Zeroes console-exclusive Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions and more.

You can pre-order from ShopTo soon.

source

Full info on contents from the Konami site:
DLC
Missions for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES

Déjà Vu
Jamais Vu

Items for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

Weapon: Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold
Weapon: Maschinen Taktische Pistole 5 Weiss
Weapon: Adam-ska Special
Weapon: Windurger S333 CombatSpecial
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (Gold)
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (White)
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab)

Costume: Fatigues (Black Ocelot)
Costume: Fatigues (Gray Urban)
Costume: Fatigues (Blue Urban)
Costume: Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)
Costume: Fatigues (Naked Snake)
Costume: Sneaking (Naked Snake)
Costume: Tuxedo
Costume: Sneaking suit (The Boss)
Costume: Jumpsuit (EVA)
Western Tack (for D-Horse)
Parade Tack (for D-Horse)

Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain)
Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland)
Cardboard Box (Wetland)
Bionic Arm Gold
Emblem "VENOM SNAKE"
Mother Base Staff (FOX)
Mother Base Staff (SKULL)
Mother Base Staff (CANINE)
Mother Base Staff (HOUND)

Items for METAL GEAR ONLINE
» METAL GEAR ONLINE official site

EXPANSION PACK 「CLOAKED IN SILENCE」
BASIC APPEAL PACK
BATTLE APPEAL PACK
DANCE APPEAL PACK
HERO APPEAL PACK

WU S.PISTOL GOLD
AM MRS-4 GOLD
Metal Gear Rex Helmet

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience announced

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Isn't this game less than a year old?

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

OrangeRibbon wrote:Isn't this game less than a year old?
It's exactly 1 year old today.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Seems to soon for a "Definitive" edition.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Metal Gear Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, And HD Collections Temporarily Removed From Digital Stores

Hideo Kojima’s revolutionary franchise, Metal Gear Solid, remains one of the most beloved tactical espionage (and wacky military dramatizations) of all time. Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater have served as compelling examples of definitive stealth mechanics based on weather, smell, temperature, and outfitted camouflage (among many other features) coupled with resounding narrative themes delve into philosophy and morality. Unfortunately, fans might have a hard time playing the classics, albeit for a limited time. Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and the HD collections containing them are being temporarily removed from digital storefronts.

According to the Metal Gear portal on Konami’s official website, a long list of Metal Gear games will be inaccessible. The info reads as follows:
“Temporary removal of METAL GEAR SOLID 2 and METAL GEAR SOLID 3 from digital storefronts (PlayStation®3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, etc.)
Thank you for playing the METAL GEAR series.

We are currently working on renewing the licenses for select historical archive footage used in-game, therefore, we have made the temporary decision to begin suspending the sale of METAL GEAR SOLID 2, METAL GEAR SOLID 3, and all products that include these games from digital storefronts globally starting from November 8th, 2021.

We sincerely ask for your patience and understanding as we work towards making these products available for purchase once again.”
The list of affected games (as well as some titles not available in certain countries/regions) includes:
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition (PlayStation 3, Vita)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition (PlayStation 3, Vita)
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (PlayStation 3, Vita, PlayStation Now)
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Edition: 2 & 3 (Xbox 360)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (3DS)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (GOG.com)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 for Shield TV (Nvidia Shield)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 for Shield TV (Nvidia Shield)
We’ll keep you posted on the status of the historical footage and licenses and whether or not the games are available. Again, the products above will be suspended starting November 8 (today). In the meantime, you could always check out Kojima’s Death Stranding on PlayStation 4 or the Director’s Cut on PlayStation 5, which Blake Hester and I both agree is one of the most important games in recent memory.

Source: Game Informer

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Metal Gear Solid 2, I did what this game always deserved. Soon you will be able to play the game like never before and see it from a whole new angle!

This mod lets you play Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance with the 3rd person camera from Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.
The code to have a normal 3rd person camera was never present in the game, and in order to implement it, I had to reverse engineer and rewrite many things in the game engine.

This is not commercial project.
It is not affilated with Konami.
It doesnt endorse piracy in any form.
You need to own a PC version of the game to play this mod.
All copyrighted content belongs to their respective owners and may not be illegally distributed.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I can confirm: The Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake is real and it's coming to Xbox, PlayStation, and PC (Update)

By Jez Corden

Metal Gear Solid 3 remake will be at the PlayStation Showcase.

What you need to know
  • It has been rumored for a while that Metal Gear Solid 3 is getting the remake treatment.
  • Konami is already working with Bloober Team to remake another of its classic games in the form of Silent Hill 2.
  • I'd heard the rumors myself recently, and have now been able to hard-confirm that the remake is real, and it's coming to Xbox and PC as well as PlayStation, despite a marketing deal.
  • Update: I've also heard that Metal Gear Solid will also be getting a "Classic Collection," containing the original Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. Also for a multiplatform release. The Classic Collection may be announced next month in June.
Update (May 24, 2023): Since writing about this, we received information about a Metal Gear Solid "Classic Collection," comprising the original Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. These games would also be multiplatform, remastered in HD. This could explain why MGS2+3 HD Collection has been unavailable for purchase on Xbox for some time, despite being backward compatible. From what I've heard, the Classic Collection will be announced at a later date, possibly next month.

Update 2: Since a few people were asking me, I've heard that Metal Gear Solid 4 won't be included in any prospective Classic Collection re-releases. I don't know the exact reason, but I presume this is at least in part due to the game's unique structure as a native PS3 game. The Classic Collection may also come in volumes, based on what I've heard, with Metal Gear Rising, PeaceWalker, and other spin-offs like Portable Ops hitting as part of a "Vol. 2" Classic Collection. Some of the details on the Classic Collection are a bit murky, so take it with a grain of salt. MGS1-3 re-releases are almost certainly in, though.

Original article:

A short while ago, rumors began to swirl that Metal Gear Solid 3 could be getting the remake treatment. I am now able to independently hard-confirm said rumors.

First reported by Andy Robinson at VGC, Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake will give the classic stealth action game a modern makeover, as part of Konami's push to return to AAA gaming. Metal Gear Solid 3 is widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time and among the greatest Metal Gear Solid titles, penned by Hideo Kojima. Kojima no longer works with Konami following a high-profile breakup after Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Kojima has since founded a new studio and released the acclaimed adventure title Death Stranding, with an Xbox exclusive dubbed Overdose in the works. It's unknown exactly who is working on the Metal Gear Solid 3 revival, but we can independently confirm that the game will arrive on Xbox as well as PlayStation and PC.

After confirming that I'd heard similar rumors (that may also include a Castlevania revival), I mentioned on my Xbox Two Podcast a couple of weeks ago that Metal Gear Solid 3 might be multiplatform, despite some previous assumptions that it would be PlayStation exclusive. I wasn't 100% sure at the time, hence no report. Since then, Insider Gaming came out with a report stating that it would indeed be multiplatform, and I have since also hard-confirmed that the rumors I'd heard were true.

The original Metal Gear Solid 3 is set during the Cold War, and follows Snake deep into the wilderness of Tselinoyarsk, in the former Soviet Union. With the U.S. and the USSR on the brink of nuclear war, Snake is dropped deep behind enemy lines to sabotage rogue entities who seek to instigate the conflict.

Metal Gear Solid 3 launched originally on the PS2 back in 2004. Subsequent versions improved the camera controls, solidifying its place as one of Snake's greatest expeditions. The extent to which this incarnation of Metal Gear Solid 3 is "remake" or "remaster" is unclear, but I would suspect it'll fall somewhere in-line with the work Bloober Team is doing on Silent Hill 2.

Metal Gear Solid 3 has already had a few revisions since launch. It re-emerged as part of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection during the Xbox 360 era, which comprised MGS2, Peace Walker, and MGS3. The Metal Gear Solid 2+3 HD Collection is available on Xbox's backward compatibility program — but has been unavailable to purchase digitally for quite some time, possibly due to licensing issues. If you have the disc, you should be able to play it on an Xbox One or Xbox Series X console. The MGS HD Collection is pretty pricey over on eBay, due to its increasing rarity.

In any case, if the Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake proves successful, it's not a stretch to imagine that Konami won't seek to do similar to Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, and possibly even Peacewalker and Metal Gear Solid 4. It's almost certain that we'll see MGS3 revealed at the hotly anticipated PlayStation Showcase, set to take place on May 24, 2023, at 4 PM ET.

Source: Windows Central

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Volume 1 has a plethora of issues that put some of the games in a worse state than their original release. We dive into where this port fails to meet expectations and why you're better off waiting for it to be patched, or simply buying the older versions of this collection instead.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »