Nintendo General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Nintendo General Thread

Post by ian »

:rofl:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

But Nintendo won't allow customers to add funds starting this May

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I might have to grab some more of those 3DS NES & SNES games before they are gone.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

That's a good idea, the 3DS is a surprising handheld with a pretty good library and some good emulator options. I softmodded mine last summer, it's a pretty easy process.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:19 am That's a good idea, the 3DS is a surprising handheld with a pretty good library and some good emulator options. I softmodded mine last summer, it's a pretty easy process.
Was that a wise move?
Nintendo's ninja lawyer hitman squad is probably already on the way to kill you/sue you.

I had a 3DS for a little bit there (not modded) and the few games I played were pretty good in normal 2D more, but the library kind of sucked ass in blurry barely 3D mode.

And I know buying one, and not sucking their dick will also get the Nintendo Ninja Lawyer Hitman Squad™ sent after me...

On a related note, I would totally watch an animated show called 'Nintendo Ninja Lawyer Hitman Squad™'
I'd also play the game where you have to take out people who besmirch Nintendo in any way.

Gave the newest Zelda less than a 99.99% review? Downloaded a 35 year old game Nintendo hasn't sold in 30 years? Got given a Fake Mario plushie from the local market?
then prepare to meet... The Ninja Lawyer Hitman Squad!™ Coming for you soon!
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:44 am
pixel wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:19 am That's a good idea, the 3DS is a surprising handheld with a pretty good library and some good emulator options. I softmodded mine last summer, it's a pretty easy process.
Was that a wise move?
Nintendo's ninja lawyer hitman squad is probably already on the way to kill you/sue you.
:olol: I'll take them on. If there's one thing I enjoy more than Nintendo's first-party releases, it's modding their systems.

I had an original 3DS, but sold it for rent money. Then I bought another one, but sold that one when I bought a Switch. I thought the system sucked: The screen sucked, games were laggy.

The 3DS XL is the same old story where Nintendo fixes most of the problems with its hardware on the final revision. I bought a used one last year and I'd say it's much better than the original model.

(It's also laughably easy to get a 100% discount on games, if there are ones you'd like to play)

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

If you turn up in a river with a bunch of Amiibos people can't actually buy buried in your back we'll know what happened.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:olol: The coroner will pull a Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo out of my throat à la Silence of the Lambs

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Which, speaking of amiibo, it gives me great joy to see how easy it is to reprogram blank NFC cards to dupe them

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So, amusing thing about a modded 3DS. On the 3DS/Wii U Memories Site, it shows you the most played games on your system. But since I modded mine, it showed games on the site that I injected and patched onto my 3DS, including a couple fan-translated Japanese games and some Virtual Console games I made myself.

Another fun thing to do with the 3DS was adding stickers, which allowed me to inject my own stickers and create entire themes on the 3DS home menu. I made this awesome Link To The Past theme where the folders were rupees and the games were spread out around a LttP overworld. I should fire it up again and take pictures.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Nintendo has announced the closure of the 3DS and Wii U eShop for March 2023. In this episode we discuss.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dear Nintendo. More game and watches please.

I've finally started playing mine. It's amazing.
When you're playing right before bed and you're on your back and drop a phone or a switch or god forbid a surface on your face, it hurts and shocks you out of your tired state.
But when you drop the game and watch on your face it's so light it may as well be slowly floating and gently landing on your nose and upper lip and you're still ready to sleep.

I now want more! Next I'll have:

Game and watch - game and watch edition. (All the single screen game and watch games in one)

Pokemon game and watch (red, blue, yellow and pinball)

Legends of portable game and watch (Tetris, Kirby's dreamland, warioland)

Failing those models, I'd love for mine to have Tetris, Kirby's dreamland and Pokemon Blue.

This device is the perfect Gameboy... Wide enough that it doesn't cause cramps, small enough to fit in any pocket, light enough to play on any angle, and I was playing it for more than 6 hours and still had battery to spare.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

There's a group that are translating Vita code to Switch, it's a proof of concept right now: