The SEGA Thread: This thread does what Nintendon't

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The SEGA Thread: This thread does what Nintendon't

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch on April 7th! Pre-order starts on March 31st - don't miss it!

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake is a remade version of the game introduced in 1997 on the arcade platform. A classic arcade rail-shooter receives a whole new entourage and gameplay changes to suit modern gaming standards.

FEATURES

- Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls
- True to the original gameplay
- Local 2-player multiplayer
- Multiple endings - Photomode
- Achievements
- Armory with unlockable weapons
- Hordes of the undead monstrosities in a new game mode
- Gallery with encountered enemies and bosses

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Hawq wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:21 am
Is her channel called "That Chick with the Cleavage"?

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I would love to have that for my Nomad, but wow, is that installation intensive. There is a lot to screw up with it.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I was interested. So, so interested. But uh, modding a mod? Why not just get a better mod? Urgh. Fenrirs are already hard enough to get and overpriced as it is.
And only works on model 1 Saturns? Boo!

At this point in time I'm going to be forced into a satiator, even if it will cost my life savings, all my superannuation, a kidney, and my sense of self worth...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sega ‘has greenlit’ big-budget Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio reboots

The games will reportedly be the first two ‘Super Game’ titles, it’s been claimed

Sega is working on big-budget reboots of Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio, according to a new report.

Bloomberg cites sources which claim that the two reboots will be the first titles in Sega’s ‘Super Game’ initiative, a five-year strategy involving what executive VP Shuji Utsumi has previously called “the development of AAA titles that cross over Sega’s comprehensive range of technologies”.

According to the new report, both games are in the early stages of creation and could yet be cancelled, but it’s believed that the new Crazy Taxi has already been in development for more than a year, with the aim being to potentially release it in 2024 or 2025.

Bloomberg’s sources claim that Sega is using Fortnite as a template for what it intends to achieve with these games, with plans to make them free-to-play, available over a number of systems, multiplayer and featuring various items and events designed to encourage spending on microtransactions.

Earlier this month, Utsumi clarified Sega’s plans for the ‘Super Game’ initiative, explaining that it actually refers to multiple games (previous reports had suggested it may be a single title) and that some of them could incorporate cloud or NFT technology.

According to Utsumi, a ‘Super Game’ title has to meet four main criteria: “(i) multi-platform, (ii) global multi-language development, (iii) simultaneous worldwide release, and (iv) AAA titles. In other words, you can imagine that the scale of game development will be that of a global blockbuster.”

Sega’s general manager Katsuya Hisai also added: “Several projects are currently underway for SuperGame. In my department, around 50 people are already involved in the initial stages. We expect that the final number of employees will be several hundred.”

The original Crazy Taxi was released in 1999 and was famous for its over-the-top driving and rock soundtrack featuring The Offspring and Bad Religion.

The game spawned numerous sequels and has already been the subject of two free-to-play titles, in the form of mobile games Crazy Taxi City Rush and Crazy Taxi Tycoon.

Cel-shaded graffiti game Jet Set Radio (known in North America as Jet Grind Radio) has seen fewer releases, with just two main games in 2000 and 2002, followed by an HD remaster in 2012.

Source: VGC

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:18 pmSega is working on big-budget reboots of Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio, according to a new report.
YES! :obiggrin:
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:18 pmBloomberg’s sources claim that Sega is using Fortnite as a template for what it intends to achieve with these games, with plans to make them free-to-play, available over a number of systems, multiplayer and featuring various items and events designed to encourage spending on microtransactions.
NO! :grr:
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:18 pmEarlier this month, Utsumi clarified Sega’s plans for the ‘Super Game’ initiative, explaining that it actually refers to multiple games (previous reports had suggested it may be a single title) and that some of them could incorporate cloud or NFT technology.
NOOOO! :angryevil:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Since I already know they'll fuck up crazy taxi, what with it being 23 years old and only 2 platforms that could ever play it properly (arcade and DC)

I could give them ideas to very easily and cheaply make a better game than what will release:
1) Make it run exactly the same as the dreamcast but just upgrade the textures.

2) increase the draw distance.

3) tower records still exists and you need to be able to take people there right before the baseball fan tells you "Drive me down to the Kfc" or "I wanna go to the baseball stadium"

And 4) The single most important factor in a remake being better than the original, and probably the most expensive part of my actually good remake will be to have the entire catalogues of The Offspring and Bad Religion in the game.

Those 4 things are all they have to do. If they screw up even a single one, it's a complete waste of everybody's time, effort and money.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Polygon wrote:Sega’s Sonic Origins retro collection coming this June

Sega’s Sonic Origins collection will bring Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic CD to current gaming platforms on June 23, the publisher announced Wednesday. (That’s Sonic the Hedgehog’s canonical birthday, if you want to get him a gift card.)

Sonic Origins will be released digitally for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X, and will cost $39.99. A “Digital Deluxe” version with extra perks, including more challenging missions, special character animations, and music tracks from other Genesis titles, will cost $44.99.

In addition to the four Sega Genesis-era games listed above, Sonic Origins will include a number of special features, like an Anniversary Mode with widescreen visuals and an infinite number of lives, and missions where players can earn in-game medallions by completing challenges. Sega showed some examples of those mission types for the original Sonic the Hedgehog in a screenshot released Wednesday:

Medallions can be spent on content from an in-game vault, to try out special stages, and other items. A digital pre-order bonus offer includes 100 medallions, as well as Mirror Mode and a Mega Drive-style letter box.

Sega announced Sonic Origins last May, during Sega’s Sonic Central livestream. The new collection is notable for its inclusion of or NeSonic 3 & Knuckles, a Genesis game that has recently been excluded as part of classic Sonic the Hedgehog rereleases. Sonic 3 was not included as part of the Sega Genesis Mini library (though Sonic Spinball was), nor was it given the Sega Ages treatment for Nintendo Switch, the way Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 were.

Sonic fans have speculated, without confirmation from Sega, that Sonic 3 & Knuckles’ rerelease is complicated by thorny music rights. Some of the Genesis game’s music was composed by singer Michael Jackson and keyboardist Brad Buxer, but according to Buxer, Jackson was not happy with Sega’s implementation of his songs. Some rereleases of Sonic 3 (like the 1997 Windows PC port) have featured different music tracks, said to have been swapped in from an earlier version of the game.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

This is cool and all, but I’m not exactly thrilled for 3 reasons:

1. We don’t know what the Sonic 3 music will be.
2. That DLC chart is a mess and why is there DLC for 30 year old games anyway?
3. $45 for games that have been re-released a dozen times now feels too expensive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

melancholy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:58 amwhy is there DLC for 30 year old games anyway?
So as to not confuse anyone under 22 by its absence.
-Two Interactive.