Saints Row Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Saints Row Thread

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Guess what? The new game is shit.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I'm a sucker for a brain-dead, third-person action game. Just Cause 3 got piss warm reviews too but the gameplay loops was fun enough for me to play through. There's no way I'll pay full price for Saints Row, but I'd give it a $20 try. I hate story lines in my games, so I'm the right kind of idiot for this game :olol:

Saints Row 3 was my jam a decade ago; and I would've liked Saints Row 4 if the superpowers hadn't felt like overpowered cheat codes.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

didnt take long for one of these to pop up, first of many probably

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:44 am Image

I'm a sucker for a brain-dead, third-person action game. Just Cause 3 got piss warm reviews too but the gameplay loops was fun enough for me to play through. There's no way I'll pay full price for Saints Row, but I'd give it a $20 try. I hate story lines in my games, so I'm the right kind of idiot for this game :olol:

Saints Row 3 was my jam a decade ago; and I would've liked Saints Row 4 if the superpowers hadn't felt like overpowered cheat codes.
I'm sure the physical console version will be down to $5 by this time next year. That's when I'll get it.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So people are complaining about new saints row being shit. I've had a few people bring it up to me now, and I don't get it. Saints Row has always been shit. Welcome to 2006. why are people complaining now? I wasn't going to say anything and let this rant slide, but I've had 4 people tell me new saints row is bad.

It's like when people started saying Bethesda went shit with fallout 76.
No... Bethesda games were always, ALWAYS bug riddled pieces of fucking garbage that you had to spend 40 hours modding to even make the things even playable, why is it suddenly a problem for you now?

Are people getting smarter? They've been eating out of the garbage for decades and all of a sudden they realise they don't want to eat from the bin anymore, and thats fine, good for them.
But then they complain to people who've been at a fancy restaurant the whole time that garbage sucks... I KNOW GARBAGE SUCKS, WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME GARBAGE SUCKS NOW?

And no, This new game didn't ruin your childhood.
Your childhood already happened and was over before this game came out.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Volition's Saints Row 4 upgrade was meant to be a make-good, but it broke the game instead

Players report issues with saves, mods, and crashes in the Re-elected Edition.

Remember this year's Saints Row (opens in new tab)? Volition would probably prefer that you didn't, which might go some way to explaining why the studio recently decided to upgrade everyone's copy of Saints Row 4 (opens in new tab) to its full-fat Re-elected Edition, containing all the game's story and cosmetic DLC and even introducing cross-play between Steam, Epic, and GOG versions of the game.

Unfortunately, that upgrade seems to have backfired, and players now report a myriad of bugs with their new version of SR4. Both the Saints Row Steam forums (opens in new tab) and subreddit (opens in new tab) are filled with players complaining of broken saves, crashes, and mods failing to function. It's also received a few hundred negative Steam reviews (opens in new tab) since the update. If it's succeeded in washing the taste of Saints Row (2022) out of players' mouths, it's only because it tastes even worse.

Deep Silver, SR4's publisher, says it's looking into the problem, and urges anyone experiencing bugs they haven't already seen reported to get in touch with via its website (opens in new tab). For now, a helpful Steam user has written up a guide to revert to a pre-upgrade version (opens in new tab) of the game, but be warned it's a bit of a labour-intensive process.

It's certainly a shame. Unlike its successor, SR4 was an excellent game. Rich McCormick scored it 90% in his Saints Row 4 review (opens in new tab) all the way back in 2013 (you know, a decade ago), complimenting its "heartfelt love for the medium" of videogames, in contrast to GTA's filmic pretensions. Hopefully it'll be fixed sooner rather than later. It is, after all, the last great game Volition made.

In other Volition news, the studio recently found itself folded into Gearbox (opens in new tab) after the lacklustre response to this year's Saints Row. Volition's parent company, Embracer Group, sold the merge as a move to give the studio an "experienced management team in the US," and "create future success". Not off to a great start, but in fairness, the new management has probably barely had time to get through the door.

Source: PC Gamer

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A huge bomb.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Ah April 1'st

I still say the better one would be Gat appearing to waste the pretenders & hold out hope that they actual do that at some point to fix things, until then this joke will have to do as its better than the joke that is the recent game

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Tried a little bit of the new update last night, seemed dull wanted levels still drop way too fast to really be fun & despite having the version with the season pass (I know its not called that but I cant be bothered to remind myself of the right name so this till do as its what it is) at first from in game all the new content wanted me to buy it, only after leaving the gamne & looking in the PS5 dasboard section for the game did they turn up as free downloads. And here I thought they may ave fixed things a bit, not shit the bed even more

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Oh no!

Anyway.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »