Post here when you buy computer/tech stuff

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Post here when you buy computer/tech stuff

Post by ian » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:38 am

Skynet wrote:It's a whole new world of viewing for me, it's the first time I've experienced 4K inside the home. :olol:
Welcome. YOU. WILL. NEVER. GO. BACK!

From when I got my first LG 4K monitor, I knew it was what I needed in my entertainment and computing life!
Then I got my 55" hisense for the loungeroom. My couch is right about 2 metres (just under) from the TV so I didn't go as big as you. :heyhey:

Did you buy it after a demo instore?
I had a look around for a while, and while samsungs 60"+ TV's looked fucking amazing compared to anything else (regardless of price) the smaller ones (42"-55") what I was looking at weren't as impressive against other brands.
I was looking at an LG 50" for $1298 a Samsung 49" for the same and the 55" hisense I ended up with for $997.

Unlike the large samsungs (that you got) that were smooth and vivid compared to the rest, there was hardly any difference at the smaller size so I saved $300 and got 5 inches extra.

I've gone a bit 4K nutty, I have the TV, my 27" LG monitor, 2 Acer 28" monitors, and a 28" samsung. then bought a PS4 pro to get the most from the TV.
Even the cheapest of the cheap ACER ones are great.
But if you wanna get PC gaming on 4K I can say from first hand experience, you DO need more than a single 1070 to get the most out of it. (I think you had a 1070... 2 of them work though)

I am considering getting rid of the ACERS and Samsung and 1070 to fund a 1080TI. The LG is really amazing despite it being smaller than the others... I can't work out why LG TV's (in any size or price range) are meh, but their monitors are fucking brilliant.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:19 am

I'd checked out a few 4K TVs at JB to see what they looked like. But honestly I got such a fucking cheap price on it that I pulled the trigger and bought through someone I know. The JB link I posted 1 page back is about $500+ more than I paid ;)

I'll get a 4K monitor eventually, but I'm in no rush for that at this time. I'll probably upgrade GPU and monitor at the same time later down the track.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:29 pm

I've bought some laptops (3).

2 Beautiful HP 15.6" ones. AMD A10s, full HD IPS screens, 256GB m.2 SSDS, 16GB's of 2133 DDR4 ram, backlit keyboards and Bang & Olufsen audio. These things are competent gaming machines on low settings.
Amazing machines, I paid $319 and $279.
and one Acer aspire 15.6". AMD A9, 1366X768 screen, 8GB of 2400 DDR4 ram, 512GB m.2 SSD.
This one is not too special, but for $269 its worth it.. Hell the RAM (single stick of KINGSTON 2400 DDR4 and SAMSUNG SSD are worth that price alone.)

I've also bought a tonne more computer parts which I won't even get started with.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:36 am

Finally got around to picking up one of these, for the price and the size, the sound on this thing is pretty impressive, it's suppose to have a decent battery life as well.

OrangeRibbon

Post by OrangeRibbon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:13 am

I finally bought an external Bluray drive for my laptop. I didn't think I would miss having the drive but I kept on forgetting and buying CDs for cheap or at concerts and having no way of ripping them.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Raspberry Pi 3 B+

This is my third Pi, and will replace my current Retropie. I think I am going to turn the old one into a security camera.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:05 am

edit forgot the other thread

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:00 am

My 10yr old MacBook is dying a slow death and I can't really afford to splurge on a new Mac Device, so I decided to go for a Chromebook