Why has google died on me?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Why has google died on me?

Post by Hawq »

OK so its not just google as I cant seem to get to the site for my DR to renew my prescription either (among several others) but as google & its connected bits are kinda usefull for finding well anything its got me befudled giving me this message :

'The owner of www.google.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.'

The DR's like many others throws this at me

'An error occurred during a connection to patient.emisaccess.co.uk. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.'

as these things are kinda usefull when they are working any ideas why firefox is throwing these errors at me? I did try chrome but got the same result as well so I'm battled

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Why has google died on me?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I don't know. I tried the link with Firefox and it's working.

OK, this could be the fix.
One thing you didn't mention that seems to be affecting a lot of Windows 10 users is that parental controls are being applied to their accounts, which causes seemingly random silent blockages. Could you check Microsoft Family Safety and either disable it or take your account out of the family:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... y-settings
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1078824

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Why has google died on me?

Post by Hawq »

Well I tried changing DNS servers & it seems fine now so maybe it was a dodgy setting at BT causing it, so far after the change its behaving itself, god knows why the BT ones screwed up especially when trying to view UK based sites like the DR's