The Zelda Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The Zelda Thread

Post by ian » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 pm

It doesn't match the scope of the original game at all.
The original game made you forget you were playing on a 2 inch screen in black and green and took you into another world.

These visuals match the scope of a DS game, and not very well at that. We're 14 years past that, and it takes us to 2005.

If they'd made it look like BOTW.. GAME OF THE YEAR! or even gone with VOXELS, or cell shading.
To be clear I'm not a fan of many Zelda games. Only 2 so far.. But BOTW looked amazing and gave me that same feeling of HOLY SHIT, THIS IS A GREAT GAME ON A PORTABLE, and you can never go wrong with cel shading. Wind waker and Phantom hourglass looked amazing even if I couldn't play more than an hour of them.

Even if they just ported the game in black and green (not even the DX version) and kept it the same but made the overview widescreen it would have been more appealing than the current style.
Even if they took the actual fan remake, shut them down stole all the work, and then released THAT it would look better than this.

People Bitched so hard about the sonic design in the new movie, so all their rage for SHITTY artwork that doesn't remain faithful to the original design in ANY SENSE has been used up, so they don't care about the atrocious look of this game..

I'm a believer in gameplay over graphics, so I am 100% getting this.. But CHRIST, it wouldn't have hurt to make it look half as good as the game is.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:16 pm

I don’t know, after watching the second trailer, I’m kinda more on-board with the art style. The second trailer fleshed out more of the feel of the world, and it made more sense after seeing it. I still think it has a bit of a clunky feel to its movement, but I guess that’s not far from the original.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm

melancholy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:52 pm
Where the hell do I go to get a EU or Australian copy?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:06 pm

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 am

It's good to see someone bring up the fact that scrolling won't be locked down to each screen. For me, it makes the game feel smaller.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:28 pm

The more I see it, the more I fucking hate how it looks, but the more excited I get to play it.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 am

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:23 pm