Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Could it be spam?
It's just a Nullusion!

Moderators: Imagination, szchinagoshop

Forum rules
Post Reply
User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 am

It's still up

http://www.tv.com/shows/youre-on/


How long ago was that! I must have did that around 15 years ago! :oshocked:
Image

User avatar
melancholy
Global Mod
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:32 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by melancholy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:18 am

Wow. That was a different era when you made that.

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 pm

melancholy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:18 am
Wow. That was a different era when you made that.
It is crazy to think how long we've been posting on DC Emulation then here on BG. I joined DC Emulation August 3rd 2002! Over 17 years ago. I still remember why I originally made an account. I had the idea to make a Sega Genesis "emulator" for the Sega CD. So you could put a CD full of Genesis roms in your Sega CD and have them somehow load into the Genesis. I thought it was a great idea and just had to post it. I would spend hours on the DC Emulation forums back then. I specifically remember that you could make a new post in Off-Topic and if it wasn't popular it would be on page 2 in a matter of hours. The forums were really hopping back then. Then as time went on it saw less and less activity. I had lots of fun with things like NesterDC back in the day. I had known about emulators on the PC for several years before then but with emulators on the Dreamcast I could actually play them on the TV and it was just like playing the original console!

I discovered DC Emulation like most people when I was searching for a Dreamcast emulator. At first I didn't even understand what the site was about. I wondered why they had NES and SNES emulators on a website called DC Emulation. Then I finally realized these were emulators that ran on the Dreamcast! I was amazed. The main emulators I recall using were NesterDC and a certain Sega Genesis emulator that DCEmu would never mention. :olol: I remember NesterDC running pretty much perfect. The Genesis one of course had bad sound but back then it was tolerable to be able to play Genesis games on the TV. I tried DreamSNES but it was too slow to ever really be playable. I never did figure out how to make a rom list so when I'd use DreamSNES the laser would go crazy reading the discs.

Once the original Xbox had emulators that were basically perfect and became easy to mod that was the end of the interest of emulating systems on the Dreamcast. In almost no time it has a nearly perfect Genesis 32xCD emulator and even an N64 emulator. Emulators that the Dreamcast could never do. Plus they looked amazing on my 32 inch CRT hooked up with component cables. Although I lost interest in emulators for the Dreamcast I still stayed on the forums. The forums weren't really about talking about DCemulation for me anyway. Off-topic and Null was my main forums.

So many memories. The stupid topics I would make about Knight Rider and Perfect Strangers. The time I found some abandoned forum and we all went there and messed around until the owner discovered we were there. Mark Discordia and Mega-Fonzies. Good times.
Image

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am

I am very dissapointed that Roofus didn't reply to this. :(
Image

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Roofus » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Calavera wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am
I am very dissapointed that Roofus didn't reply to this. :(
Hi there. :hi:
The time I found some abandoned forum and we all went there and messed around until the owner discovered we were there.
I remember that. It was you, me and a couple other people posting shit for a couple hours until the owner showed up and shut the place down. I still don't know how he found us. :olol:

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Roofus wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm
I remember that. It was you, me and a couple other people posting shit for a couple hours until the owner showed up and shut the place down. I still don't know how he found us. :olol:
I remember being really dissapointed once the owner found us and deleted all the threads. I was having a blast then he came along and ruined the fun! :olol:

That must have been around 2003-2004 when we did that. 16-17 years ago. That just doesn't seem possible it was so long ago! If I'm remembering it right I believe it was on New Years Eve when we did it. In 2003 when I was all about the 80s I never thought I'd one day be nostalgic about the early 2000s!
Image

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Roofus » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Calavera wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Roofus wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm
I remember that. It was you, me and a couple other people posting shit for a couple hours until the owner showed up and shut the place down. I still don't know how he found us. :olol:
I remember being really dissapointed once the owner found us and deleted all the threads. I was having a blast then he came along and ruined the fun! :olol:

That must have been around 2003-2004 when we did that. 16-17 years ago. That just doesn't seem possible it was so long ago! If I'm remembering it right I believe it was on New Years Eve when we did it. In 2003 when I was all about the 80s I never thought I'd one day be nostalgic about the early 2000s!
Yeah it was definitely New Year's Eve. I don't remember the year but 2003 sounds right. And we're almost as close to 2003 now as we were to the 80s then. :oshocked:

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Roofus wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:46 pm
Calavera wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Roofus wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm
I remember that. It was you, me and a couple other people posting shit for a couple hours until the owner showed up and shut the place down. I still don't know how he found us. :olol:
I remember being really dissapointed once the owner found us and deleted all the threads. I was having a blast then he came along and ruined the fun! :olol:

That must have been around 2003-2004 when we did that. 16-17 years ago. That just doesn't seem possible it was so long ago! If I'm remembering it right I believe it was on New Years Eve when we did it. In 2003 when I was all about the 80s I never thought I'd one day be nostalgic about the early 2000s!
Yeah it was definitely New Year's Eve. I don't remember the year but 2003 sounds right. And we're almost as close to 2003 now as we were to the 80s then. :oshocked:
I almost mentioned the distance from 86 to 2003 is the same as 2003 to 2020 but didn't because I've mentioned something similar several times on here when talking about Shenmue. :olol: I wonder if anybody else besides me and you remember this stuff from back in the old DCemu days? There were so many members that were pretty active that are now long gone and have probably forgotten all about even being a part of the forums back then.
Image

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Zoid said I could have tagged you in this thread so @Roofus
Image

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Roofus » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:16 am

Cool! Now I'm tagging @Calavera!

User avatar
darc
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:23 pm
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by darc » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 am

This September will actually make 20 years of DCEmu. We're getting fucking old man.

User avatar
ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by ian » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:56 am

darc wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 am
This September will actually make 20 years of DCEmu. We're getting fucking old man.
To be fair, I was mentally older when I joined DCE than now.
I had a lawn and it shat me off when punk kids ruined it and I had to yell at them to get off it!!!
these days, I don't fucking care about the lawn, or kids being on it...
I weigh less now than when I joined DCE as well, so speak for yourself about getting old!!!

I went from pre-teen to 80 overnight. Now I'm in my 60's :olol:
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Roofus » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 am

darc wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 am
This September will actually make 20 years of DCEmu. We're getting fucking old man.
I'm going to be 40 next year. I'm not ready to be 40. :ocry:

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am

What about Hawq? If I'm remembering right he was 40 or 50 way back in the day. So is he 60 or 70 now? :oshocked:
Image

User avatar
ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by ian » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:07 am

Roofus wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 am
I'm going to be 40 next year. I'm not ready to be 40. :ocry:
I am happy to be one of the babies of the group! But you can have a hug anyway on your 40th...
enjoy the last of your 30's like you're 21-25!!!

If I remember correctly, your birthday is on the 28th of March? (Same as Futurama)
So you have more than a year to worry about being 40... Unless you said next year when you meant THIS year, like old people typically mix up. Then you're in trouble.

But basically, anything over 30 may as well be one foot in the grave anyway, so don't panic! :rofl:
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

User avatar
ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by ian » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:15 am

Calavera wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am
What about Hawq? If I'm remembering right he was 40 or 50 way back in the day. So is he 60 or 70 now? :oshocked:
Now now, he wasn't that old! I'm guessing Hawq is about 45ish these days.

He was older than all us whipper snappers, but he wasn't 20 years our senior.... at least I don't think.
Hawq, if you care to weigh in? that would be good.. Cal is trying to paint you as a senior citizen and I'm 99.9999% sure you're not even late 40's

I'm fairly sure when I joined DCE hawq was in his 20's..
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Roofus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:36 am

ian wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:07 am
Roofus wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 am
I'm going to be 40 next year. I'm not ready to be 40. :ocry:
I am happy to be one of the babies of the group! But you can have a hug anyway on your 40th...
enjoy the last of your 30's like you're 21-25!!!

If I remember correctly, your birthday is on the 28th of March? (Same as Futurama)
So you have more than a year to worry about being 40... Unless you said next year when you meant THIS year, like old people typically mix up. Then you're in trouble.

But basically, anything over 30 may as well be one foot in the grave anyway, so don't panic! :rofl:
Yeah I was born on Futurama Day. And I did mean next year. Futurama Day 2021, so I've got 13 months to get used to it. :olol:

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Calavera » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 am

ian wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:15 am

Now now, he wasn't that old! I'm guessing Hawq is about 45ish these days.

He was older than all us whipper snappers, but he wasn't 20 years our senior.... at least I don't think.
Hawq, if you care to weigh in? that would be good.. Cal is trying to paint you as a senior citizen and I'm 99.9999% sure you're not even late 40's

I'm fairly sure when I joined DCE hawq was in his 20's..
Lol, I must be remembering wrong then. I know he was older but back then he could have been in his 30s and at the time it would have seemed to me like he was old. Now I'm that old!
Image

Hawq
Site Admin
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:45 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by Hawq » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:28 am

Calavera wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am
What about Hawq? If I'm remembering right he was 40 or 50 way back in the day. So is he 60 or 70 now? :oshocked:
I do feel it some days, most days to be honest & I'm used to people adding years to me, they have since just after school (handy in the pub)
ian wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:15 am
Now now, he wasn't that old! I'm guessing Hawq is about 45ish these days.

He was older than all us whipper snappers, but he wasn't 20 years our senior.... at least I don't think.
Hawq, if you care to weigh in? that would be good.. Cal is trying to paint you as a senior citizen and I'm 99.9999% sure you're not even late 40's

I'm fairly sure when I joined DCE hawq was in his 20's..
not a bad guess, only 2 years over, turned 43 yesterday though god knows how old I actually look (oddly though my appearence hasnt changed much for at least 20 years apart from what the stroke did to my face, maybe that was part of the confusion if looking at a picture)
Image

User avatar
ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by ian » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:55 am

Happy Birthday for yesterday then Hawq! you can help guide roofus into his 40's next year!
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

Post Reply