One day I will finish this race

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

One day I will finish this race

Post by Calavera »

I started this race long ago and load it up every once in awhile and do a few laps. This time I stopped at around 140. Only 360 laps to go!

Manoel
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: One day I will finish this race

Post by Manoel »

That's genocide.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Until this post that you are reading there hasn't been a new post in Null in 23 days!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

90 laps closer to 500!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Over a year later and I've made it 80 more laps. Only 199 to go!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I'm on lap 325, 175 to go! Also I somehow got my fastest lap of the race on lap 324. :ocool:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Only 2 more years to go!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:29 pm Only 2 more years to go!
Possibly :orazz: I'd say more like 6 months. Or if I really get crazy I might finish it before 2022!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

It looks like you average a smidge below 19 seconds a lap. 500 laps at that pace is a bit over 2 1/2 hours for the whole race. But with only 175 laps to go, you could polish the whole thing off in just under hour. If people can spend 8 hours driving a virtual bus through the desert, you can surely power through 55 minutes of racing.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:04 pm It looks like you average a smidge below 19 seconds a lap. 500 laps at that pace is a bit over 2 1/2 hours for the whole race. But with only 175 laps to go, you could polish the whole thing off in just under hour. If people can spend 8 hours driving a virtual bus through the desert, you can surely power through 55 minutes of racing.
Well sure I could but I get pretty bored of it after 10-15 minutes or so. :olol: I do have another update though...

400 laps completed, only 100 to go. We're in the final stretch here people. So about 30 minutes left. Next time I load it up I'll probably get to 450 post about it on here and then after that the next time I load it I will most likely finish it.

What place will I finish in? I'm going to guess somewhere between 9th and 12th.

Oh and those people who play Desert Bus for 8+ hours are crazy. The only way I would attempt that is if there was a cash prize for doing so. At the very least $200 which would be $25 an hour. Heck I'd play games all day if I could make $25 an hour doing so. Just think to a big twitch streamer $25 an hour would probably be a huge pay decrease. :frown:

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Didn't quite make it to 450 on my next play like I had guessed. Made it to 436 instead. 64 to go!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

You missed your chance to screenshot lap 420. I request your next attempt end on 469.

Also, how are you playing this? I’m considering doing my own attempt. I probably won’t, but just in case I get the itch to try.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I had a play of Daytona on XSX. An 8 lap race. I came 3rd.

My best lap time: 18.21 seconds. A familiar number.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

Why is it called the human RACE?!? I mean where is the bloody finish line?

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:21 pm You missed your chance to screenshot lap 420. I request your next attempt end on 469.

Also, how are you playing this? I’m considering doing my own attempt. I probably won’t, but just in case I get the itch to try.
I realize I am about a year late but I didn't notice your post until now. It is a Model 3 emulator called Supermodel. If you are into Sega arcade games you have to try it out. Pretty much all the games work fine.

My number one recommendation is Emergency Call Ambulance. It is my favorite Model 3 game by far. The only thing is that it only has 4 levels but it will take you awhile to get good enough to get through them at first. Scud Race is also good. I used to play it at the arcade at the local movie theater back in the day and was thrilled to be able to play it again. I actually played an original machine of it a few years back and honestly I much prefer the emulated version.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Once you finish this race I've got a great one for your next game.
Le Mans 24 hours. Or Test Drive Le Mans 24 Hours because you're American.

Get the Dreamcast original by Melbourne House. It's a fantastic game and you'll love that you can do a real 24 hour race. Like proper, uninterrupted full day race, in real actual time.

We completed it in 24 hours. I gamed for 10 hours, then my brother played for 8 while I slept and then I played the last 6.

You should have it done by 2047.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I remember that game looking amazing back in the day. It's been a few years but I hope it still holds up visually.