Orange ribbon.

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
ian
Null Dream Team

Orange ribbon.

Post by ian »

Would you like to take part in an international trade?

Since this covid thing happened, I have been unable to Aquire Cherry Coke (Which as I am sure you are aware is America’s greatest contribution to the world) at ANY of my usual supply sources.

Conversely, I have seen store shelves inundated with copious amounts of Tim Tams of every variety (which as I am sure you are aware is Australia’s greatest contribution to the world) at incredibly cheap prices.

If we were to each load up a shipping container to the brim with the respective products, we could not only cut out the greedy middle men, but each have enough to get us through AT LEAST 6 months.

I will also throw in a jar of Vegemite (it’s hard to get rid of) 1 single small jar lasts a Typical Aussie family a year. It’s really good to use a SMALL amount on many breaded products, people who hate it are usually trying to spread it or eat it from a spoon like Nutella, which is not how it is supposed to be consumed.

Once we have this much supply, we can corner the market and have our own junk food import/export cartel
You could sell a packet of Tim Tams for as much as a kilo of cocaine and I could Trade a can of Cherry Coke to afford 1GB of mobile data (which costs about the same as a Kilo of cocaine weirdly enough)

What do you think?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Orange ribbon.

Post by melancholy »

Wow, I just bought a 2 liter of Cherry Coke for a dollar.

Me, I’m curious to try some different flavors of Australian licorice. Our licorice is lame crap, but the bags of Australian licorice I get at the store is so yummy.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I am not sure how cherry coke will ship though the post office. Sure, but you can keep the Vegimite. Send Tim Tams

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

melancholy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:06 am Wow, I just bought a 2 liter of Cherry Coke for a dollar.

Me, I’m curious to try some different flavors of Australian licorice. Our licorice is lame crap, but the bags of Australian licorice I get at the store is so yummy.
2 litres of regular coke (or vanilla, diet or zero if people drink that shit) can commonly be had for 2 dollarydoos.
But since coke Discontinued cherry here, it’s only been available in 355ml cans (12 Oz) for between $2 and $3.50 per can.

More and more places started stocking the cans.
Back in the day I had to go to USA foods across town, then the local Lolly store got it, then my local supermarket got it, then the 2 big supermarkets (Coles and Woolworths) got it as well.
I can’t get across town and don’t want to pay $16 shipping on an $18 12 pack and all local places have been dry for about 2 months despite what their bullshit websites say.
So I would kill for a 2 litre bottle of cherry coke.. even at $6 it would be a great price here.
I’d also like to have the other long discontinued coke: Diet with lemon, it was so amazing because the lemon twist masked out the fact you were drinking disgusting Diet Coke. So you you wouldn’t get fatter, and had a nice drink.

As for Liqourice, I have no idea what’s good or bad. I’m not a fan of liquorice usually, unless it’s Darrell Lea Yoghurt Coated Raspberry Liquorice... that shit I can eat by the truck full. (And Bo-Peep also by Darrel lea, albeit not liquorice)
Aside from that one type and one brand, it’s not something I ever eat.

OrangeRibbon wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:58 am I am not sure how cherry coke will ship though the post office. Sure, but you can keep the Vegimite. Send Tim Tams
I think we have to each ignore the post office and go right down to the docks, convince security guards to look the other way with our charm and charisma to ignore the tonnes of food and start simply loading containers.
Since no one in my city has a Job any more. And you guys never did get your big wall, we’ll each have access to cheap labour to help load the containers, then once they’re in our ports, it’s a simple matter of bribing customs, I’ll use a large beer and still alive kangaroo, and you’ll use an assault weapon or chicken sandwich and then we’re both sorted!

The plan is foolproof.

Incidentally, how much are you paying for a pack of Tim Tams?
I saw them here for $1.30 on my last trip to the shops, usually $1.80 is a good price.
-Two Interactive.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I am not sure how much I paid, it was way more than that though.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Woolworths got in some cans.
4 of them. And now 3 are in my fridge.
was surprised they were in the European foods isle. They are from the UK, and IMO, aren't quite as good.
Maybe it's because it's been so long since I last had one, but more likely it's just not as tasty as the born in the USA ones.

WHERE'S THE EXTINGUISHER?
-points to the fire pile.
HOW?!?!?
MADE IN BRITAIN!
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Update. I got some real Cherry Coke the other day. I was right next to USA foods and got a whole box of REAL ones.
And today at the local shops I bought a single can of the UK stuff.

I worked out what's wrong with the Great Britain Cherry Coke. Not only are the British cans smaller (330mL Vs 355mL) but they have Sugar, and the American ones have High Fructose Corn Syrup, this is the only difference in ingredients listed and it makes the difference night and day!

I can't go back to sugar, I WON'T GO BACK!
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

ian wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 am They are from the UK, and IMO, aren't quite as good.
Coke produce their beverages from local ingredients, including water. Water has different minerals depending from where it is sourced, hence the product variation.

Also as you say, corn syrup.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I'm fairly sure they'd strip any trace of minerals from it, if they didn't I am sure American water would just taste like Lead.

Which wouldn't make the American one taste better than any other variants, so it has to be the corn Syrup.
-Two Interactive.