Back when we were burning NesterDC to emulate NES on Dreamcast

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Back when we were burning NesterDC to emulate NES on Dreamcast

Post by Calavera »

Who would have ever thought that one day the might Dreamcast would be able to be emulated on a portable device that fits in your pocket and can hold pretty much as many games as you need it to! And in addition to all that it can run them in a much higher resolution than even the VGA box can do!

It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was impressed that the Wii U was emulated on the PC and can play many games basically perfect. Now even the Switch is emulated! I wonder how long it will be until the PS5 and new Xbox will be emulated? Probably not long since consoles are basically just PCs nowadays. The only reason to even emulate a newer console is for console exclusive game. The Switch emulator is awesome but out of all the Switch games I've seen the only ones I've cared to try is Mario Odyssey,Luigi's Mansion 3,Mario Tennis Aces,Mario Maker 2, and Super Mario Party. So only Nintendo made games. Most of the other games that are any good are usually on PC.

It is no longer companies with their custom hardware trying to outdo the competition. I'd say starting with the seventh generation of consoles each console was basically equal in power. Except for Nintendo who always has the weakest hardware nowadays. The N64 from 1996 was the last time a Nintendo console really wowed people with it's graphics.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Back when we were burning NesterDC to emulate NES on Dreamcast

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:07 pm I wonder how long it will be until the PS5 and new Xbox will be emulated? Probably not long since consoles are basically just PCs nowadays.
A fair while I would think. After working PS4 & Xbox One emulators come out.