Hello I hope this is the right forum for this

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Hello I hope this is the right forum for this

Post by Roofus »

Greetings and salutations upon you my friends. I have a question with which I am in need of assistance and I hope you are willing and able to answer. For you see I enjoy emulating Nintendo's 16 bit console, commonly known as the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and I was directed to your site to download a software known as DreamSNES 1.0. Unfortunately I am unable to determine how to run this application on my Dreamcast Video Game Console. Specifically I do not know if I need to use Disc Juggler or Pike. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I offer my most sincere thanks and gratitude in advance.

Yours in Christ,
Roofus P Roofington esq IV

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Hello I hope this is the right forum for this

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Just use a Dreamcast emulator to run the SNES emulator. That's how everyone else in the world plays Super Nintendo games. No need to burn it.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Roofus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:13 am Specifically I do not know if I need to use Disc Juggler or Pike.
You'll need to chat with the Pike expert @Matisfaction

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:55 am Just use a Dreamcast emulator to run the SNES emulator. That's how everyone else in the world plays Super Nintendo games. No need to burn it.
Have you a facility whereby one might obtain such an emulation program that will run on a smart-phone using Google's Android Operating System?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Roofus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 am Have you a facility whereby one might obtain such an emulation program that will run on a smart-phone using Google's Android Operating System?
Yes.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:01 pm
Roofus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 am Have you a facility whereby one might obtain such an emulation program that will run on a smart-phone using Google's Android Operating System?
Yes.
Excellent, sir. I offer my most sincere thanks and gratitude to you.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Roofus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 pm Excellent, sir. I offer my most sincere thanks and gratitude to you.
You are welcome, Monsieur Roofington.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Don't bother it isn't worth the trouble. You have to use 2 CD-Rs. One for the emulator and a second for the games. You have to make a roms.lst file in some bizarre manner and there is a chance it won't even work after using it. You can still use DreamSNES without a roms.lst file but if you have more than 10 games or so it is a nightmare and destroys your Dreamcast! It has to read every individually file on the disc so for several minutes the Dreamcast laser will be going "reeeee rahhh,reee rahhh, wa-wa-wop"

I suggest that you instead focus on the emulation of Sega's 16-bit console the Sega Genesis also known as the Segabyte in Australia. There is a great emulator for that system. The games run at 100 percent speed. The only problem is the sound emulation is off. It has something to do with the motorcycle company Yamaha. Apparently they hold the copyright on the Sega sound chip because they used it in one of their door chime systems.

If you can deal with the sound being a bit off it is a pretty good Genny emulator for the Segy DeeSee. I can't exactly tell you the name of it though as it is highly illegal! Basically one of the most illegal pieces of software to ever exist. If you want to talk about downloading 100s of NES,SNES,Genesis etc... roms that you don't own well go ahead but don't you dare ever mention that piece of software because it was illegally obtained from a game! If you want to pirate the game it is from that isn't much of a problem but if you use the emulator that was ripped from the game then you are scum. I know I've admitted to using it...I'm scum!

My final words of advice on the situation are I beat Daze Before Christmas on it back in the day and it ran fine. The sound emulation is a bit off but if it is a game that you aren't familiar with then you may not even notice that the music isn't playing properly. However on well known games like Sonic the Hedgehog the sound issues are VERY apparent.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Pardon me for "bumping" this thread but I have a question related to the running of emulation on the Dreamcast system produced by Sega in accordance with Windows CE.

I've got B!4MGS and B!4TK3 (at long last!) and I was wondering if the many third party memory cards out there for dreamcast work well with bleemcast?

I wouldn't normally buy a third party card but I have seen one with 4 pages of 200 blocks so that would be useful for all those MSG pictures :lol:

Thanks for any help