Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Teddy Riley interview is good, although it would be better if it was one long interview rather than split vids. I get why it's done, but it's still annoying.

Can Mötley Crüe, the defining hair metal band, remake themselves for the '90s? The answer will not shock you!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:36 pm The Teddy Riley interview is good, although it would be better if it was one long interview rather than split vids. I get why it's done, but it's still annoying.

Can Mötley Crüe, the defining hair metal band, remake themselves for the '90s? The answer will not shock you!
God that album sucked. Maybe the ultimate "old dudes who don't get it trying too hard" record.

Also Vlad will put the full length interview up in a few weeks.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:36 pm The Teddy Riley interview is good, although it would be better if it was one long interview rather than split vids. I get why it's done, but it's still annoying.

Todd in the Shadows is the only person on YouTube who's opinion on music I will listen to. He's right most of the time and when he's not right I still can't get angry at him and his Trainwreckords series quickly became my favourite during the first few hundreds of days of lockdown.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

His Beach Boys one was the best. "Mike Love remains the least popular person in the Beach Boys universe that includes abusive father Murry, abusive psychologist Dr. Eugene Landy, and Charles Fucking Manson" is one of the most brutal bits of music criticism ever.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

In November 1989, two bands from Manchester appeared together on Top of the Pops and it changed indie music forever. The Madchester sound was the unity of jangly guitars and thumping dance music: big, psychedelic, even funky and a perfect companion to taking Ecstasy. Artists like The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, A Guy Called Gerald, 808 State and The Charlatans would bridge this formerly insurmountable musical gap.

It is the story of punk and disco colliding, how Manchester became for a brief moment the centre of the musical universe, and why Bez is one of the most important figures in British music. This is Before 1989: How Manchester Became Madchester.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bez made one of the greatest commercials of all time

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rob Halford was a beast being able to sing over all of that noise

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I do like Rollin' and My Way as guilty pleasures. But, yeah, the rest of that album sucked and Results May Vary was one of the worst pieces of shit I ever heard.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Chocolate starfish was fucking stupid as shit, but I loved it. Well half.

After a brilliant start and I was thinking this album is great it gets to rollin', and that's where it peaked and there was not a single redeeming thing after that.
The album taught me that you can scream FUCK out of nowhere for no reason with no context and people will be equally amused, confused and offended.

I could not tell you a single line from results may vary outside of behind blue eyes. But behind blue eyes is one of the best covers of all time, if not the best. and then just as you get into it you get to the speak and spell... And it will either make the song or completely ruin it for you with no in between.
I thought it was amazing! So fucking stupid and out of place.

A-ah-ah-ah-I! Discover A-ah-ah-ah-I E I!!!
I've never ever heard something that matches the tone or scope of a bit of music less than this. Which is why it's brilliant, and the definitive version of this song.

The limp bizkit version is the Musical definition of ambivalence.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

ian wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:08 amBad Religion are coming back to Australia...

Unfortunately, they’re playing a festival with an otherwise mediocre lineup.

Not REALLY sure I want to shell out $180 for essentially one band (I guess Reel big fish are ok, but could live without seeing them)
I ended up skipping that gig in 2019, but the good news is Bad Religion are coming back down under next year. And the further good news is tickets are $110, which with inflation isn't TOO bad.

The bad news is, my ears are fucking shot after too many raves, concerts, festivals, gigs, and shows in my youth and I don't think they'll handle anymore... I have to sleep with a fan on as it is.

They're playing with Social Distortion who are ok but I don't wanna be an old guy with ear plugs (I'm certainly not going more deaf for anything other than Bad Religion and Maybe Metallica one more time or if Daft Punk ever reunite)

The further bad news is it's happening at margaret court arena. Now it is a fine venue when you're watching tennis players in silence because the acoustics don't matter when the players grunt as they hit the ball. But even the best bands in the world sound a bit dogshit there.

But I kinda REALLY wanna see them, and maybe try Get Greg Graffins Autograph. Because I might never get another chance.
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

ian wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:06 am
The bad news is, my ears are fucking shot after too many raves, concerts, festivals, gigs, and shows in my youth and I don't think they'll handle anymore... I have to sleep with a fan on as it is.
Have you got tinitis? That fucking noise in your ears when there should be silence.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:11 pm
ner na na ner na na ner na na ner na

I've still got the CD single.