Calavera's Goodwill/Flea Market Finds 2: Resurrection

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Calavera's Goodwill/Flea Market Finds 2: Resurrection

Post by ian »

Nice!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Sold the $1 IBM Keyboard for $60!

other recent sales are

Sega Pico paid $15 sold for $70. After all is said and done with fees and shipping I'll probably get $30 out of it but any profit is good to me as it was just sitting around never to be used!

10 loose Genesis games. I don't think I paid anything for them maybe like $3 sold them for $37.

The last thing is this folder I had bought at goodwill for I think $10 that had 38 PS1 Demo Discs in it. Sold it for $35

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Picked up an LXI Series TV/Monitor today. Here are pictures of a similar one but not the exact one I bought. Only difference is around the grey on mine instead of black like in the pictures.

I like the look of it but what made me really have to get it were the inputs it had.

RGB! Apparently this was originally marketed to be used as a monitor for the Commodore 128. Pretty cool and hey it was.....FREE!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Well I thought the LXI was cool!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It does look cool. Especially for free.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea looks cool. Looks in good condition too.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Rather than make my own thread, I'm stealing Cal's... So recently I bought some slot cars, and the guy was moving house. I rescued just a bit of stuff from the tip..

There's before, my loungeroom:

my bedroom:

And after: ( I swear I didn't add the glistening in the first 2 shots, it's just the flash of my Galaxy S3)

There's some nice older stuff in here..

The highlights for me were:
Microsoft SideWinder Freestyle Pro gamepad (1998)
Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel (2002)
Street fighter 2 arcade board..
4 AM2 systems I got.. (When I started building my own computers I jumped from a socket A Athlon XP 2400+ (overclocked to the shithouse) to a Phenom 2 720BE (which I also overclocked to within an inch of it's life, so I missed all of AM2 when it was new)

But in the drawers is everything.. rougly 14 Power supplies from 200W to 450W. rougly 50 Hard drives from 250MB to 1TB. rougly 25 CD ROMS from 4X to DVD burners at 52X. and about 20 Motherboard/cpu combos from pre Pentium to Athlon 64x2 4850e's

Heaps of KB's/ mice.. A bunch MS ones, and a bunch of logitech ones.. (to add to my own pile) a few HP and compaq OEM ones in there...

Family tree of Microsoft mice.. :osmile:

A pair of old Harman Kardon stereo speakers which still kick the crap out of all but the BEST modern 2.1 systems...
And don't get me started on the cables. FUCKING HELL, the cables...
I've sorted through about half.. Still only 5 full size drawers to sort.

And when I say sort I mean I sorted A/V (composite, component, scart, RCA, 3.5 mm) and PC video (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, video card breakouts) and power, either cable or brick.... Still have to further sort into each category..

And maybe my favorite (and I suspect Cal's too).. A whole bunch of walkmans and discmans. and no, I don't mean generic (well there are a few generic) I mean GENUINE, SONY ACTUAL walkmans and ACTUAL Discmans!!!
I will have to take a photo of these when I get time..

Basically, everything in the pictures would have been taken to the tip...
Just sad I couldn't save all the beige boxes that went before I got there. :ocry:
But to cheer me up I did these 2 just for fun.. Not really related at all, but eh:

I guess Lupin III is Kind of retro.. By kind of, I mean Lupin III is ALMOST 50 years old.. (August this year)

and I took a photo:

TAKE THAT SOCIETY!!!
As Tom Petty Put it in 'into the great wide open' I'm "A rebel without a clue"

I imagine the first shot of my loungeroom is what it looks like in every room at Cal's :olol:
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Ah some old AM2 systems. I was running an over clocked 2800+ @ 3.2ghz for quite some time. If I was reading this thread I'd think every room of my house would look like that too! I've got a pole barn where I keep most everything, so the inside isn't too bad. Except for one room

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

:olol: I wish I had a barn.. I have 3 sheds, and they are filled with everyone else's crap so mine has no where to go.
Any updates on stuff?

I actually went a few local charity places yester looking for any kind of gameboy game to test a GBA.. ours have nothing cool for cheap.. unless you want clothes. :frown:
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:I actually went a few local charity places yester looking for any kind of gameboy game to test a GBA.. ours have nothing cool for cheap.. unless you want clothes. :frown:
This isn't too pricey

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote:
ian wrote:I actually went a few local charity places yester looking for any kind of gameboy game to test a GBA.. ours have nothing cool for cheap.. unless you want clothes. :frown:
This isn't too pricey

in at my local cashies they wanted $5 for that bratz game..

I'd pay $1 for a bratz game.. or $10 for tetris.. not $5 for a damn bratz game!! :olol:
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

but in that list is the Barbie horse game that zoidberg is missing!!!! :rofl:

And those all have postage too.. it's the same as the ebay problem.. 4 cents for a game!!! WOW.. $25 shipping.. (these will soon disappear though as ebay is charging fees based on postage price now too)
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Found a great Goodwill find the other day. I've been using some old Dell optical mouse for awhile, it gets the job done but I used to own a Microsoft Optical Trackball

I loved it, but it gave up on me probably close to 10 years ago. I even kept the ball from it because it was such a great mouse. Now I didn't find a Microsoft Trackball but I found a pretty damn good one.

A Logitech Trackman Marble+

It cost me $1.99, I knew the cable would be too short for my needs when I bought it. Luckily I still have the PS/2 extension cable I bought back around 2001. I love it! Ever since I got that Microsoft Trackball for Christmas back in the early 2000s, I knew that a trackball was the superior mouse.

It has got everything you'd ever need. It is an optical trackball and it has a scrollwheel. Looking into it, it seems it was released back in 1998. It is 19 years old, works perfectly. I don't see how a brand new one would be any better. It is as "ergonomic" as you could possibly want it to be. In all my years of Goodwill buying I've never found a trackball mouse until now. It may have been made in 1998 but it will be in use until either I die or it does whatever comes first! :shock:

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I know I've seen trackball mice at my Goodwill before, I just never had a reason to buy one. I did score a cool find at Goodwill the other day, though. A Kodak 8" Digital Photo Frame that was never even opened before for $3.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:I know I've seen trackball mice at my Goodwill before, I just never had a reason to buy one. I did score a cool find at Goodwill the other day, though. A Kodak 8" Digital Photo Frame that was never even opened before for $3.
Really? I guess I'm unique to BlueGuerilla for my love of a good optical trackball mouse.

I found a Smartparts 15" digital picture frame back around oh probably 2013 or so for $9.99. It works perfect, displays pictures, video and even has a speaker. It is pretty cool, but I've never really found a use for it.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Calavera wrote:
melancholy wrote:I know I've seen trackball mice at my Goodwill before, I just never had a reason to buy one. I did score a cool find at Goodwill the other day, though. A Kodak 8" Digital Photo Frame that was never even opened before for $3.
Really? I guess I'm unique to BlueGuerilla for my love of a good optical trackball mouse.
Or, alternatively, I'm unique to BG because I don't use a mouse of any sort, I use a touchpad.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Trackballs can be useful for certain tasks.. I used one exclusively when I was studying multimedia at tafe (and took it home when I wanted to do assignments at home) They have this amazing efficiency and accuracy level when you're zoomed in and working on/editing individual pixels.

Seriously, to do the same task with a mouse, touchpad, or even a wacom drawing pad took me at least twice the time. Then I discovered I wasn't creative so never did that much stuff again and never needed one again.. They were also great for owning classmates on UT2004 and if you had a really cramped space. :osmile:
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Today I found "The Jim Nabors Hour Tomorrow Never Comes" on a reel to reel tape for 99 cents. Now why would I want that you ask. Several years ago I picked up a couple of reel to reel players at goodwill. I had found an old reel out in my barn but when I tried it out it was in too bad of shape to be played. So I never really got to try out either player. Well today I finally got to try it out!

It sounds pretty damn good, alot better than I expected it to. I wasn't able to try it out on the other player as the reel is to big to fit on it.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That's kinda crazy to find at a Goodwill. I would never see anything like that around here.

Code-Red
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by Code-Red »

We don't have anything other than clothing, glassware, and boardgames in our Goodwill stores. I watch LGR's thrifts and wish we had that kind of stuff in ours.