Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

Post by Bandit »

Leaving Neverland was boring. This did not need to be 4 hours.

Some of the stuff was creepy, and I'd never fully defend Michael Jackson, because his obsession with children didn't make sense. But nothing they showed had any proof. Like they tried to say the faxes he sent were proof. But most of the faxes had stuff about Jackson giving Wade Robson advice on dancing practice. And the jewelry part which was supposed to be the big reveal, Michael Jackson was a guy who threw around money like it grew on trees. He'd go into a store and buy up thousands and thousands of dollars worth of stuff on a whim and give it to people he knew. Everything else was their word against his. But I thought it was pretty dull for all of the endless hype it got. Surviving R. Kelly was much more compelling. I watched all of those with interest, but wanted to go to sleep watching this.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Unless it's proven otherwise I'll always defend Mike. It's the work of twisted perverted minds like the director of this "documentary" who took his behaviour out of context and made it to be sexual or sexually motivated when it was the complete opposite.

I don't think people comprehend the fact that MJ was like a "man child". I dont he was emotionally and psychologically developed as an adult either which is why he hung out with kids and animals since they were his I guess you could say his equal in a way since he never had a normal growing up. He had to hide under the covers/under the bed whilst his brothers were having sex with groupies.

There's a story that a family member paid for a prostitute for him so he could have sex but he was such a devout JW that he ended up the whole time talking to her about the Bible. I think being an adult and all that entailed was too difficult for him to come to terms with so he regressed into a child like persona. He was a musical pioneer and genius in music and performance as he perfected that craft, had to, since he was like 5/6 years old.

He also performed at the same venues as strippers/drag acts etc so he was exposed to sex/sexual orientated things before he was even a teen. If they really looked into his life and didnt believe all the BS that money hungry supposed documentarians/journalists are propagating they'd find the real truth.

If anything Michael Jackson regressed into a personality where he could live his Childhood as an adult. For outsiders is that weird? Sure. But it's in circumstances that are way outside the norm of what most folks know. When since he was very young himself he's had to be Michael Jackson the performer, the star, so he most likely had little to no memory of a life of being a normal kid.

I actually felt sorry for Mike and still do, because he had such an enormous talent but was never really happy. I think despite the media throwing shade at him constantly he was a good father and I feel sorry for his kids, his Mom, brothers and other family members they have to deal with theee accusations again.

Until it's proven otherwise, Michael Jackson is innocent of any sordid faux allegation thrown at him. If the media pushing all these slanderous lies to the general public published the real truth it wouldn't make it as interesting or sensationalist as they make out to be.

I'm hoping Mikes estate puts out a rebuttal documentary and put this all to rest. Again I've made my opinion abundantly clear of this whole charade of a "documentary" and witch hunt. Now one of the liars wanting more money

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/03/e ... -neverland

"Non profit"...yea right :nono:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am
I don't think people comprehend the fact that MJ was like a "man child". I dont he was emotionally and psychologically developed as an adult either which is why he hung out with kids and animals since they were his I guess you could say his equal in a way since he never had a normal growing up. He had to hide under the covers/under the bed whilst his brothers were having sex with groupies.
You've got to admit he's the only human being ever that only wanted to be friends with children for pure reasons. So he's hard to defend for most people. There's the "he never had a childhood" thing, but he's hardly the only child star that was working their whole childhoods and none acted like him as an adult. I get that he was eccentric like a lot of geniuses and was making people hundreds of millions of dollars so whatever he wanted to do wasn't going to be criticized. And obviously being as famous as he was was going to do weird things to anybody and it was probably impossible to be normal. You've got to be isolated because the mobs of people wanting autographs is too much to do anything in public and that messes with you where now you only have day to day contact with people you employ who will never criticize you. But the documentary has stuff on audio or video of him with kids that made me cringe.

So I only point to the hard evidence that none of the accusers would have won a court case against him.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Someone on Twitter said the footage of him saying Happy Birthday is doctored. So the whole thing is no doubt a massive con to work the public into believing Mike was abusing these kids. Not behind closed doors either but blantantly in plain sight. I can't buy any of that for a second, it's just slanderous BS.

If there was any tiny shred of evidence that MJ abused kids I wouldn't defend him at all. But there's none at all. I'm talking legit evidence not doctored footage/audio either. We don't get this til Wednesday (the first part) but from what I've read/heard its all just fabricated.

It seems more the work of a twisted fantasist who is projected their warped perverted fantasy's to the public. I mean if he did any of these things they wouldn't talk about it in front of millions of viewers and not show any anger/distress over it. Same with their parents.

This is all a gigantic con and money grab to tarnish Michael Jackson's legacy. They couldnt get him whilst he was alive so they are targeting him posthumously. Plus Corey Haim who has tried to publicly out the real pedos in Hollywood is silenced which is telling. Im tired of this witch hunt as there's no real circumstantial evidence at all. None. Where was this video etc when Sneddon was sniffing around. Probably didn't have the tech to doctor it then.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

So, yea, I've watched about an hour and a bit of the "documentary" and Im watching it objectively but I see no tears, no anger, no distress, just smiles and an infatuation from both guys to Mike. The details are lurid and revolting but are said so matter of factly I can't see any tiny element of truth in what they are saying. Plus shouldn't this Wade guy be prosecuted for perjury since he said under oath that MJ never touched him. Now he's saying otherwise. I just shook my head at Jimmy saying he had sex with Michael all over Neverland. He showed no anger about it, no distress over reliving that memory, I think he smiled. If a grown man is having sex with you as a youngster the last thing you do is smile about it. This BS is so fabricated it's unbelievable. It's like some perverted pedo fan fiction about MJ.

If and it's a gigantic, massive if any of this is true then yes it's disgusting, abhorrent and sick af. But, their laissez faire attitude towards it and how they both act doesn't make logical sense. They seem in awe, even in love with Michael Jackson. If he did abuse them they'd despise the mention of his name and not be reminiscing about the times they shared together.

Mike was eccentric but I don't buy he was straight up abusing these kids. Especially having sex with them around Neverland. It's all concocted BS and if it is true why didn't they come forward when MJ was alive and see him charged with these alleged crimes. But Wade Robson defended him in a court of law. No one in their right mind would defend someone who abused them since they were 7 I think he said.

For the real victims of abuse/molestation this is the equivalent of the Jussie BS. He fabricated a lie and people believed it because of the whole era of social media we live in where it influences how people think and feel. But he was proven to be a liar and I believe the truth will come out and Robson & Safechuck will be exposed as the liars they are. Because no one is going to speak out about abuse and act like they do. It's all fabrication with the end goal being to make a name for themselves and don't forget it's all about the $

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I didn't even bother watching the second part because the first didn't interest me at all. Whether one believes the allegations or not, it was poorly made and did not need to be 4 hours.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, it comes off really bad. The first twenty or so comes across as how great they thought MJ was and how he let them be on stage & such. Then it descends dramatically into all the BS allegations. The media have made it out to be so controversial etc but it just comes across as just, idk what the word is, weird I guess. It's like they are pulling lurid accusations out of the air. I can't buy how HBO/Channel 4 etc see this as a legit documentary. It's just crap, pure and simple.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

A rebuttal documentary will be coming out soon

https://www.nme.com/news/music/michael- ... ry-2459656

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

“It’s going to start off with the 1993 allegations because I think that’s where everything started,” he continued, referring to the first public sexual abuse accusations made against Michael Jackson by Evan Chandler, the father of 13-year-old Jordan “Jordy” Chandler.
Good.

But the problem is in this "believe all accusers" culture we live in today, networks will all be intimidated into not showing it. So I don't know where this would air. Taj Jackson might have to just put it on YouTube.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's the big issue. Channel 4 and HBO won't air it that's for sure. YouTube would probably be the best place actually considering it has worldwide presence. I bet Channel 4, HBO, Reed, Robson & Safechuck will try and get it banned/blocked and try to push their work of fiction as fact.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That looks real interesting. I've read/heard about Lou Pearlman before. A review of the doc here

https://variety.com/2019/film/reviews/t ... 203163028/

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Duran Duran Interview with Nick and Roger about how the band was formed and what was happening in Birmingham during 78 -81. Great insight to how one of the most successful groups from Birmingham who then went on to rule the world

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The Teddy P Showtime doc is definitely worth checking out too

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

A very sad doc, but one which pays tribute to a unsung musical great.