Netflix will make everyone pay the same amount for service next month

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Early Netflix adopters will soon have to pay as much as everybody else for their streaming content.

Starting in May, Netflix’s standard streaming plan will cost $9.99 a month for everyone. As of now, people who subscribed earlier than May 2014 have only been billed their old price of $7.99.

Financial company UBS estimated around 17 million users will have to spend the extra $24 per year. That’s a little over a third of Netflix’s U.S. subscriber base. That is, if they decide to stay.

Forty-one percent of customers surveyed said they wouldn’t accept a hike, but only about 3 percent of users are expected to actually leave because of it. Presumably because they still haven’t watched "Narcos" yet.

But those opting to leave Netflix in favor of traditional TV outlets may be in for a rude awakening. Some of the largest cable and satellite companies nationwide are also raising prices.

Customers of DirecTV, AT&T U-verse, Time Warner Cable, Comcast and Dish Network will all see their bills go up by at least $2. So no matter what you watch, it’s going to cost more.

Source: Fox

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Netflix will make everyone pay the same amount for service next month

Post by melancholy »

Even if they charged $20, it's still crazy cheap compared to standard television options.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yep, I doubt an extra $2 will matter too much, especially seeing that's what everybody else is paying anyway.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I just hope it doesn't take long for the content to even out between countries.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Get a program called Smartflix. Gives you access to every netflix title available all over the world.

Enjoy. :D

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Ocelot wrote:Get a program called Smartflix. Gives you access to every netflix title available all over the world.

Enjoy. :D
I have a VPN anyway but my ISP has a deal with Netflix in AU where the AU content doesn't count towards my monthly quota. VPNs and DNS changers means it won't be free data.