NFL Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: NFL Thread

Post by pixel »

Painfully and hillariously true

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jay-Z claims Kaepernick was happy with his decision to partner with the NFL. Kaepernick's girlfriend Nessa Diab (a DJ on Hot 97) says otherwise.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

TFW you ignore 3 open receivers because you want to go Full Madden.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm

TFW you ignore 3 open receivers because you want to go Full Madden.
Gotta smash that juke button to flex on some 6th grader online :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

They’re a bunch of clammy rubes who just witnessed a historically good offense get disassembled thanks to needless acrimony, and they could not be happier about it. Their team is now an ashen heap of failure and they’re fucking BEAMING with pride. Finally, their boys can get back to Stiller Footbaw! Watch in horny excitement as James Conner runs for 3.7 yards per carry for 500 carries! Throw a kegger anytime a talented player you used to cheer for gets horribly injured elsewhere! Nod in approval at the $21M hole trading Antonio Brown blew through your cap space! That’ll prove all the doubters wrong!
I hate the Steelers, more than I should for a team that's never done anything to me personally. There are a bunch of 50 to 60-year-old dudes here in the Midwest that live and die by STEELERS NATION-style football.

There are a lot of annoying things about South Dakota, bandwagon sports fandom is one of them. I used to be surprised to see a diehard Miami Dolphin fan in Bum-Fuck-Nowhere, SD when I was a kid. I figured it out though: Lots of people around here will cheer for the team that won the most when they were 10. Now we have several generations of shithead Steelers fans because of their Super Bowl wins back in the 70s instead of the Vikings.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Rex Ryan is out there, still talking about feet

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rex Ryan after leaving the studio

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Formers Bears and Bengals running back Cedric Benson died in a motorcycle accident last night.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:20 am Formers Bears and Bengals running back Cedric Benson died in a motorcycle accident last night.

That sucks :( I forgot that played for Chicago during the Sexy Rexy days

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I used to hate him because he always had great games against the Ravens. He had their defense figured out even when they were great at stopping the run. He was very good.

Chris Henry was in this game as well and died after two months later in an accident.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That's terrible. But on the other hand playing a pre-season game like it's a 1995 NFC playoff game shows this guy really, really wants to be a starter.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:11 am

That's terrible. But on the other hand playing a pre-season game like it's a 1995 NFC playoff game shows this guy really, really wants to be a starter.
Yeah, leading with your helmet is a shitty move unless you're spearing a wide receiver's chest while they're 5 feet in the air. It's completely stupid when it's against fucking Paxton Lynch during a preseason game. Devil's advocate will argue that Hill misjudged whether Lynch was going to slide or not, but that's a stupid argument to begin with.

Hill is already suspended four games this year for PEDs, he'll either be waived or will ride the bench until Xavier Rhodes gets another lower-body injury (I'm betting calf this year).

Edit: Minnesota has nine cornerbacks at the moment, getting ejected from a preseason match isn't a good way to get to the top of that list outside of Cincinnati.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

And Flacco looked like the same guy who left Baltimore.

That was a terrible game.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

My wife’s family was at that game. I need to ask what their reaction was. I supposed this means the Colts are going to suck this year. I don’t follow football at all but I still root for our home team.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It depends. The Colts will probably sign or trade for a new QB. There's already the mandatory "SIGN KAEPERNICK!" sports media posts. And sometimes getting a new quarterback on short notice turns out to be a great thing. It worked out great for Baltimore last year, for example.

But the problem is he screwed the team for not admitting he didn't want to come back a few months ago, or even one month ago, when they could have had time to come up with a plan. He's left them with 2 weeks to settle on a new quarterback and retool their offense. If Lamar Jackson did this to the Ravens I would be livid.

But the guy is very wealthy, worth about $100 million, and like Marvin Hagler said "It's hard to get up at 5 in the morning to train when you're wearing silk pajamas." If you're not young and hungry or a competitive freak like Tom Brady, playing in pain is hard to do. And it's probably smart to leave the game young knowing what we know now about CTE.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:06 am It depends. The Colts will probably sign or trade for a new QB. There's already the mandatory "SIGN KAEPERNICK!" sports media posts.
That would be too beautiful for this world, a place where the vice president throws a passive aggressive tantrum when the football man kneels.
But the problem is he screwed the team for not admitting he didn't want to come back a few months ago, or even one month ago, when they could have had time to come up with a plan. He's left them with 2 weeks to settle on a new quarterback and retool their offense. If Lamar Jackson did this to the Ravens I would be livid.
Agreed. Luck's replacement (Jacoby Brissett) didn't exactly light the world on fire back when he started 15 games in 2017. The Colts went 4-12 and started Packers legend Scott Tolzien for another loss.