The Simpsons turn 30

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

The Simpsons turn 30

Post by Bandit » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:32 am

I feel so old I need a room at the Springfield Retirement Castle.

It's still probably my favorite show ever even though it's been terrible all century. But in the 90s no one could touch it. (And yes I know ian is going to say Futurama, but personally I liked the first 10 Simpsons seasons better.)

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: The Simpsons turn 30

Post by Hawq » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:44 am

in honour of the fact I present todays hymn In the garden of Eden by I. Ron. Butterfly

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:04 pm

I tried to watch a newer episode of The Simpsons on Hulu recently. I turned it off after a few minutes. It is terrible.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 am

Bandit wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:32 am
still probably my favorite show ever even though it's been terrible all century. But in the 90s no one could touch it. (And yes I know ian is going to say Futurama, but personally I liked the first 10 Simpsons seasons better.)
I'm not going to argue... From the beginning of human history untill March 28 1999, The Simpsons was the single greatest show in the entire world, BAR FUCKING NONE. And in the 90's no one COULD touch it. The Simpsons had a great 10 season run...
But from the first 5 minutes of Futurama, the king was dead.
As SOON as Futurama existed, the Simpsons became entirely pointless.
If Futurama NEVER existed, the Simpsons might even be relevant today... But Futurama does exist.

You are technically correct (THE BEST KIND OF CORRECT) that in bigger Raw number of good seasons, the Simpsons is better...
I have 7 seasons of the Simpsons in it's prime to enjoy.. And 7 is a bigger number than 4.

Season 3-9 of the Simpsons is the best thing EVER... 4 seasons was Futurama's prime... But the Simpsons now has 30-31 seasons????
so 7 out of 30 something is a worse percentage than 4 out of 7...
Futurama hit the ground running, and was fucking incredible till it got shit canned.

Not many shows start off incredible, and stay incredible until their end... And at that end, come back THREE more times :olol:
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!