Coronavirus thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by ian »

So apparently, Melbourne is going to have mandatory masks.
But... they can be home made, and just have to cover the face.
As soon as I heard about it, my first thought for it’s effectiveness was South Park

Although the volcano duck and cover is slightly more stupid than the real duck and cover and slightly less stupid than this new home made mask rule.

:rofl:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

This mask law is making for some fucking hilarious/depressing news.
First there was that dumb bitch at the checkpoint and now this dumb bitch at Bunnings.

being in lockdown sucks for a lot of people, but at least the Internet keeps us up to date on dumb bitches. :rofl2:

I don’t consent was fucking Hilarious! :rofl: I’m sure 99.9999% of people being arrested or fined don’t consent, but it still happens.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Excuse me, but can you prove that I didn't get sick from having dream sex with a witch? You can't. So STFU with your "science".

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Who among us does NOT believe in Demon sperm tho, I mean really?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I guess it's finally time for us to see who here at BG are true believers or not. I myself take many precautions during my day to avoid demon sperm.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

How many mask debates have you gotten into? :rofl: Don't ask questions if you don't want the answer.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Celebrity death or Coronavirus thread? You decide

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Fun times ahead for Victorians.

Lots of businesses are being shutdown.
The exemptions from the retail closures announced by Mr Andrews include: supermarkets, grocery, food and liquor shops; convenience stores; petrol stations; pharmacies; post offices; hardware, building and garden supplies shops retailing for trade; maternity supplies; motor vehicle parts for emergency repairs only.

Personal care services including hairdressers will be closed, as will car washes and photographic film processors. Locksmiths, laundries and dry cleaners are exempt from the closures.

Retailers will also be able to work onsite for the purposes of fulfilling online orders.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

We're getting your cases in SA. My gf's work evacuated the whole building with very little notice. Apparently someone on her floor has been exposed to it, so she's back home again. I never left home so it's fine for me :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Fun times ahead for Victorians.

Lots of businesses are being shutdown.
The exemptions from the retail closures announced by Mr Andrews include: supermarkets, grocery, food and liquor shops; convenience stores; petrol stations; pharmacies; post offices; hardware, building and garden supplies shops retailing for trade; maternity supplies; motor vehicle parts for emergency repairs only.

Personal care services including hairdressers will be closed, as will car washes and photographic film processors. Locksmiths, laundries and dry cleaners are exempt from the closures.

Retailers will also be able to work onsite for the purposes of fulfilling online orders.
That's how we have pretty much been since the end of March. You get used to it in a few months, but the first month sucks.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It should be OK. The rules are a bit all over the place at the moment though.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Biggest problem of the pandemic so far...

Is it just me or has the mobile network in Australia been Abysmal for the past few weeks.

Like I know it’s been pretty bad for most of the year and I’m in a bad area for signal strength, but I’ve had non delivered texts, dropped calls all the time, quite often a speed that resembles 56K internet, and constant complete drops of network and or signal.
It’s been bad, but for the past 2-3 weeks, across 2 phones (prepaid and postpaid) and 2 networks (Telstra and Optus) it’s borderline unusable.

Is this just me going more crazy?
I mean dropped text messages are pretty bad.

But worse, I have to copy everything before I hit post on any sort of post I make.. because who knows if I’ve been dropped out and have to log in again Losing my post in the process.

The government asked Netflix to limit bandwidth so Australia’s internet could survive...

Maybe we have to ask All of Australia that are still allowed outside at night to give Melbourne all of the countries communications resources.?
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So after Melbourne's increasingly stupid and convoluted lockdown rules they attempted to allow people to the Cox Plate (Horse Racing)
Stage 3.78 lockdowns:
Wealthy people may now attend Horse racing, but are limited to 5 events of the spring racing carnival and may not attend more than 2 events within 2 weeks.
UNLESS they have a surplus of extravagant hats, then they may be permitted to 8 events over 5 weeks.
Travel restrictions of 20KM will be lifted if you are carrying a bottle of chilled Dom and a monocle in a vehicle that cost at least $100,000 that was purchased in the last 2 years!!!

Naturally the public flipped their shit and the horse racing rules got reverted almost straight away with our premier Daniel Andrews AKA: Dictator Dan stating we couldn't have predicted this reaction from the public...
YOU COULDN'T HAVE PREDICTED after 8 months of lockdowns, 3 months of night time cerfews, our economy going to the toilet and people not being able to go to funerals that peoples WOULDN'T LIKE horse racing being allowed a large gathering.

Oh that's fine, I can't go to a fucking funeral because it's 6 KM from home.. But y'know, it's horse racing!
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I’ve just seen a TV AD.. let’s Melbourne again.
Ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Get the fuck out of here with that. Did they hire the same PR team as Make America Great Again?
Because it’s so fucking cringe I want to leave Melbourne and I was completely fine with 8 months of lockdowns, night time curfews, travel bans, confusing and convoluted rules and exemptions, mandatory tissues with rubber bands and watching my whole community suffer...
I’m not fine with Let’s Melbourne Again. FUCK THIS FUCKING SHITHOLE.

We should have gone with: Let’s All Melbourne Everyone!
Or LAME for short.

I want to go Live in Utah. That’s how fucking lame this ad and saying was.

Can I come to America as a refugee because my government is so fucking stupid?
-Two Interactive.