What is your current local gas prices?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

What is your current local gas prices?

Post by Calavera »

Gas prices have recently went down immensely in the past couple of weeks. I don't know if this is just a US thing or if it is happening worldwide but I'd be interested to know what everyone's local gas prices are. I got gas today for $1.69 (roughly 0.45 per liter) The state average is $1.83 per gallon down from $2.39 just a month ago. It is wild how fast the prices have dropped. Just a month or so ago I thought $2.49 was an ok price! Will gas go below $1 per gallon? Amazingly it already has! There is a station in London Kentucky that actually has gas for 99 cents per gallon. The last time gas was that price anywhere in the US must have been almost 20 years ago. I'm guessing around 2001 or 2002. When I first got my license gas was considered really high at $1.74 per gallon. Now 16 years later it is even cheaper! Who would have thought this would ever happen.

But enough of my stories, what are your local prices? Have they dropped dramatically for any of you as well?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: What is your current local gas prices?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

About AU$1.14 for a litre. Not that cheap but it has been up to $1.69 in recent months.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Well PETROL prices have been low down here... So it may not be worldwide, but in Aus at least, our PETROL prices have mainly plummeted.

I am surprised you have done a gallon to litre conversion, but not called it petrol, like it actually is, Cal. :olol:
petroleum-derived flammable liquid AKA petrol (I have no idea why it's ever been called gasoline, care to fill me in?) has been cheap here lately.
before the world shat itself, in my area, regular, normal 91 RON PETROL (which is the standard for cars here) was usually around $1.35-$1.55AUD/l

a few weeks ago it dropped to $1.17AUD/litre. and stayed there... Then overnight in my area it went back to $1.59/l for no fucking reason.
THAT'S RIGHT.. it went up >40 cents a litre overnight for absolutely no fucking reason... Then 4 days later dropped again.

Last time it was $1.17 per litre around here was about 2007-2008.(normal price, not including crazy run out or closing down sales)

For the record, the first time I ever LEGALLY filled up a car was on my 16th Birthday in 2003 (we can get out learners permit at 16 and need a supervising driver, and solo drive at 18 on a probationary license) and normal RON 91 petrol cost 79.8 cents/litre.

I haven't ever payed attention to Gas prices (Liquefied petroleum gas) because an LPG car is more fucking effort than it's worth for the savings, but I guess about 93 cents/l?

Gas (LPG) cars used to make sense, becuase petrol was $1.17 and gas (LPG) was 38 cents... but now it's so close and by the time you factor in the conversion costs, and running costs, and getting the LPG tank checked and certified every 30 fucking seconds. It just doesn't make sense.

Diesel also used to be cheaper than petrol (which made sense, if you look into it and know the refining process) but now it's more expensive because all trade vehicles use it.. so CA-CHING$$$$$$

I've not owned a car in more than a year now, but now with people needing expendable people, and cars/petrol basically being given away, I might be making a move and getting a car again.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I saw about 98.9c per liter today. I haven't seen it this cheap in YEARS!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 pm I saw about 98.9c per liter today. I haven't seen it this cheap in YEARS!
HOLY FUCK!! under a dollar? I'd move to SA if the boarders weren't closed...
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 pm
Skynet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 pm I saw about 98.9c per liter today. I haven't seen it this cheap in YEARS!
HOLY FUCK!! under a dollar? I'd move to SA if the boarders weren't closed...
Sub $1 all over the place. Also, STAY OUT OF MY STATE! :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It was 99c in Melbourne CBD last week. Don't know where though, saw an article about it.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

99c per litre so about $3.74 per gallon? That would be considered pretty expensive here in the Midwest but on the west coast that is around what it currently is. California average is $3.15 but has many stations over $4. So depending on where you are in the US gas can be anywhere from $0.99 to $4.99!

Whoops! I forgot to convert the currency from AUD to USD! So it ends up being around $2.18 per gallon USD not $3.74. So not too far off what it is around here.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Calavera wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 pm Gas prices have recently went down immensely in the past couple of weeks. I don't know if this is just a US thing or if it is happening worldwide but I'd be interested to know what everyone's local gas prices are. I got gas today for $1.69 (roughly 0.45 per liter) The state average is $1.83 per gallon down from $2.39 just a month ago. It is wild how fast the prices have dropped. Just a month or so ago I thought $2.49 was an ok price! Will gas go below $1 per gallon? Amazingly it already has! There is a station in London Kentucky that actually has gas for 99 cents per gallon. The last time gas was that price anywhere in the US must have been almost 20 years ago. I'm guessing around 2001 or 2002. When I first got my license gas was considered really high at $1.74 per gallon. Now 16 years later it is even cheaper! Who would have thought this would ever happen.

But enough of my stories, what are your local prices? Have they dropped dramatically for any of you as well?
Damnit, I was just in London, but I filled up in Corbin thinking it would be cheapest.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Gas Buddy says that Costco is down to $1.65/gallon (~74c AUS/liter) here

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm Gas Buddy says that Costco is down to $1.65/gallon (~74c AUS/liter) here
Damn, the best I've seen here is about AU 97c/liter

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:26 pm
pixel wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm Gas Buddy says that Costco is down to $1.65/gallon (~74c AUS/liter) here
There's also an annual ~$100 AU membership cost, too. But I took out their free credit card and get that back in rewards points.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:28 am
Skynet wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:26 pm
There's also an annual ~$100 AU membership cost, too. But I took out their free credit card and get that back in rewards points.
That's true, I think Costco is cheaper by a fair bit here too. The membership for us is about $60AU per year. Me and my gf have one, I just don't know how much it costs. :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I just filled up in Washington DC. High grade $2.15 mid grade $1.99 regular $1.75.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I went uptown to fill some gas cans today for the lawn mower. It has been $1.74 here for awhile so I figured that is what it would still be. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into the station and saw the price at $1.29! (0.34 per liter) I got 12 gallons in cans and filled the van up with 18 gallons. I ended up getting 29.841 gallons for $38.76.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Calavera wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:29 am I went uptown to fill some gas cans today for the lawn mower. It has been $1.74 here for awhile so I figured that is what it would still be. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into the station and saw the price at $1.29! (0.34 per liter) I got 12 gallons in cans and filled the van up with 18 gallons. I ended up getting 29.841 gallons for $38.76.
Just passed through Rushville and filled up at $1.18. I think I paid more in High School for gas. Crazy.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:04 am
Calavera wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:29 am I went uptown to fill some gas cans today for the lawn mower. It has been $1.74 here for awhile so I figured that is what it would still be. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into the station and saw the price at $1.29! (0.34 per liter) I got 12 gallons in cans and filled the van up with 18 gallons. I ended up getting 29.841 gallons for $38.76.
Just passed through Rushville and filled up at $1.18. I think I paid more in High School for gas. Crazy.
I never would have thought I'd see gas this cheap. I remember around 2004-2005 when had went down kind of low and I got it in Kentucky for $1.46. I saved the receipt from that because I thought it would be the cheapest I would ever pay for gas in my lifetime. Then for awhile it seemed like we wouldn't see it under $3 again. I recall in 2008 filling up my 94 Grand Prix for $64, I think gas was $4.09. Now we are back to the days when you can put $5-$10 in and it actually get you something! Most cars have an average of around a 15 gallon tank I'd guess. Which means it won't even hold $20 worth! :oshocked:

Apparently in Oklahoma it is as low as $0.80!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Filled up my brothers car from nearly empty to full with premium 98 RON for $89.
Similar fill up LAST time I did it was $171, It's a massive V8 with like a 73 litre tank.

If you've ever wanted a BIG FUCKOFF AMERICAN V8... NOW is the time!

Only problem is, filling it up was JUST enough to get the car back home (1.1KM away from petrol station)
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:24 pm
If you've ever wanted a BIG FUCKOFF AMERICAN V8... NOW is the time!

If I had one I'd be driving the hell out of it right now. Not a muscle car though a big old luxury land yacht.

Those get somewhere around 9-12 MPG. So the funny thing is driving one of those and getting 10mpg at $1 would be the same as driving a newer car and getting 30mpg at $3 per gallon! :olol:

I used to have a 1982 Olds 98 Regency with a V8. I wouldn't call it a fuck you V8. Well maybe I would but the one who is saying fuck you would be the manufacturer! It was a 307 V8 that had an embarrassing low 140HP. That was new in 82 though. By the time I had it it was probably down to about 90. :olol: Was slow as shit, got 11mpg on average but it was awesome. I had it up to 105mph one time. To get to 85 probably took about a mile. It took 4 miles to get to 105 I shit you not! After around 85 or so it would just barely go up 1mph. It really felt like I was flying though. It also felt like if I swerved it would immediately flip over!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

94.9 cents a litre. The cheapest price in Victoria for 16 years.