Card Collecting Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Card Collecting Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Just hit an Alexa Bliss black refractor 5/10. Yay! :cow:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The 2nd auto is Mustafa Ali 105/199.

Also got another numbered card: Gerald Brisco green 93/99.

Of the normal refractors, the best I got was The Undertaker.

And I got a Lord Tensai Shocking Wins card! Not the auto, thankfully.

Overall, very happy with what I got. That Bliss card looks like it might be worth AU$400-$500.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:34 pmThat Bliss card looks like it might be worth AU$400-$500
Bloody hell! What set is this from?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:44 pm Bloody hell! What set is this from?
WWE Chrome 2020

It might not be worth that much, maybe a couple of hundred.

There's a Bliss/Trish dual auto card in the set that's going for around a $1000.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:11 pm
Skynet wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:44 pm Bloody hell! What set is this from?
WWE Chrome 2020

It might not be worth that much, maybe a couple of hundred.

There's a Bliss/Trish dual auto card in the set that's going for around a $1000.
Still good! Where did you buy these from? Amazon? Ebay?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I got those ones from here:

https://www.diggaztradingcards.com.au/p ... wwe-cards/

The box prices are rising. It was "only" $195 on the weekend. I used Afterpay which makes it feel a little less painful, even though it's still the same price.

I did buy into their Chrome box break as well, which is 4 packs for $45.

https://www.diggaztradingcards.com.au/p ... e-break-3/

Looks like it might take a while for it to sell out though.

They had an Undisputed box break last week which was $55 for one pack but you are guaranteed hit per pack. 8 out of 10 chances for an auto. They haven't done another one yet.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:59 pm I got those ones from here:

https://www.diggaztradingcards.com.au/p ... wwe-cards/

The box prices are rising. It was "only" $195 on the weekend. I used Afterpay which makes it feel a little less painful, even though it's still the same price.

I did buy into their Chrome box break as well, which is 4 packs for $45.

https://www.diggaztradingcards.com.au/p ... e-break-3/

Looks like it might take a while for it to sell out though.

They had an Undisputed box break last week which was $55 for one pack but you are guaranteed hit per pack. 8 out of 10 chances for an auto. They haven't done another one yet.

I've bought from diggaz once and I was pretty impressed with turn around time. But yeah that's a bit of money

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Diggaz seems good. I'll get more from them in the future.

That box was expensive for cards but they are cool and the boxes look like they are selling out, so it was like buy it now or I won't get any at all.

There are blaster boxes out for it but they are only on ebay from the US so they cost around $90 all up with no guaranteed autos.

Speaking of expensive cards, The Mandalorian series 1 hobby box is AU$160 for a box of 56 cards. The blaster boxes for that are easier to find though.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

For Zoidberg:
They're the only 2 collingwood ones. Lots of Fitzroy and Essendon ones.

For the rest of the forum:
I kind of want to keep the one card of the best bad guy ever, but that would make the set worthless. :olol:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's pretty cool.

So you had unopened packs in your shed for 25 years?

I think I have some of those JP cards as well. They might just be promo cards.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

They're actually all unsealed, but from the look and the smell of the cards, I think they've never actually been taken out of the packs.
The ones in the packets were absolutely MINT when I slipped them out to have a look. (now they have some slight fingerprints on them from me checking them out)

I don't know about the topps JP ones, but there is 109 of them, they are quite good condition and I have a complete set.
I don't know if they came with the comics? or with gum? of if they were a standalone blind bag purchase? but the fact there is no doubles, and none missing, I am suspecting they were less blind boxes and more included with something else like a magazine or comic.

You would be amazed at some of the things in my shed. One day You'll have to come around and grab a piece of Collingwood memorabilia. It's not being enjoyed here.

I really want to find my Pokemon cards, I have a couple still sealed (they came with Kraft Singles Cheese Slices ahaha)
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You would have had to get them in packs for the full set or got them from someone.

I'm pretty sure some JP cards came free with something like bread but they might have looked a bit different.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The WWE Chrome box break I bought into happened today and in the second box the pack before my ones had a Trish/Alexa superfractor dual auto 1/1 card. It's worth thousands. Maybe up to $5000. Holy shit that's annoying. It wouldn't annoy me so much if it was a few packs away but 1 pack away sucks. Also the fact that I got nothing but shit makes it worse. Well, the Rhea RIpley refractor and the Charlotte image variant are alright but that was it.

Oh well, that's the luck of the draw.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The Charlotte card will be worth something because she will have 3 new faces in the next decade.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

I finished watching the rest of the video and 1 guy got 2 autos (out of 4 all up), a Charlotte one funnily enough and a Finn Shocking Wins one.

Anyhoo, looks like they might do another Undisputed break next so I should get an auto out of that. Knowing my luck, it will be Tamina or Nia. I've probably said that before, maybe on the previous page, but it's still true.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I bought into a Topps WWE Undisputed 2020 box break at Diggaz. These are the ones that are over $500 a box and contain 8 autographs and 2 non-auto relics per box. I got 2 packs at $55 each. Pricey. And scary if you get dud cards. Thankfully I did alright.

First pack was an all women pack with the hits being a green Dakota Kai base card numbered to 50 and a Charlotte Flair auto card numbered to 199.

Second pack had base Hogan & Razor Ramon cards and a Rhea Ripley shirt relic auto card numbered to 99.

I almost bought that Razor base card off ebay last week at $5 + $6 postage, which are the cheapest Undisputed cards on ebay, at least on the Australian one.

Looks like the cheapest Rhea shirt auto on ebay is AU$122.43 + shipping & the Charlotte card is at $48 + shipping. $31 for the Dakota.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bought into another WWE Chrome 2 box break. In box 1, the first auto someone got was a Lord Tensai Shocking Wins auto. Bad luck to that person.

First pack of my packs just had common stuff, second pack had a Shelton Benjamin Shocking Wins auto. I'm OK with it because I don't mind Shelton, even though it was on the lower end of the ones I was after.

I didn't get anything major in the other 2 packs from the 2nd box. An Alexa Bliss base card and a Jake The Snake/Bray fantasy match ups card were probably the highlights.

The 2 autos in that box were a Mick Foley Shocking Wins numbered to 10, think it was the black variant, and an Io Shirai. Not bad.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

What Foley win was considered shocking? The first Undertaker match in 1996?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It was his win over The Rock.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Some wrestling version of Comic Book Guy is going to be pissed that the match didn't happen on January 4th 1999 but was pre-taped in December.