WSJ: Activision CEO Bobby Kotick knew about sexual assault allegations and told an employee he would have her killed

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

WSJ: Activision CEO Bobby Kotick knew about sexual assault allegations and told an employee he would have her killed

Post by Roofus »

The CEO of Activision knew about sexual misconduct allegations as serious as rape and failed to tell the company's board, reports the WSJ. Moreover, Bobby Kotick—paid $154 million last year as one of the highest-paid executives in the U.S.—also threatened to have a woman at the company killed. Earlier this year, California sued the game publisher, claiming that its "frat boy culture" was a "breeding ground for harassment and discrimination against women."
Activision Blizzard shares closed down more than 6% Tuesday after a report from The Wall Street Journal alleged CEO Bobby Kotick knew about sexual misconduct allegations at the videogame company. According to the report, Kotick failed to inform the board of directors about the allegations on many occasions, including an alleged rape, the Journal reported.
Kotick's annual compensation package is more than 7 times the annual budget of state agency suing him. If ever there was someone who would ignore it all with a laugh and a sneer, it would surely be this guy.

Activision cannot easily rid itself of him: his contract stipulates up to $300m in goodbye payments.

Source: Boing Boing

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: WSJ: Activision CEO Bobby Kotick knew about sexual assault allegations and told an employee he would have her killed

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Wow, fuck him. Honestly between this and Ubi Soft, I almost don't want to bother with gaming anymore.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WSJ: Activision CEO Bobby Kotick knew about sexual assault allegations and told an employee he would have her killed

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

OrangeRibbon wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:18 pm I almost don't want to bother with gaming anymore.
Just avoid Acti games. It's not hard to do.

Except for Tony Hawk, of course.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:48 pm
OrangeRibbon wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:18 pm I almost don't want to bother with gaming anymore.
Just avoid Acti games. It's not hard to do.

Except for Tony Hawk, of course.
I try to avoid them as much as I can, but I ended up buying THPS on XB and Epic (no steam :() because I love playing it so much. :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's a great game. Remakes of 20 year old games are the only thing they are good for these days.