TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:55 am I'm interested in getting Donut Homer
Aww, but I'm so sweet and tasty! :olol:
Bandit wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:55 am The only figure I don't recognize is Gamer Bart.
Me neither. :dontknow" I should watch some of the newer Treehouse specials, there's probably about 20 of them that I haven't watched.

I hope they do a few more Treehouse of Horror collections, maybe we could get an inside-out Bart? Or Maggie with a butcher's knife?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

There's no way it'll be anything like it was, surely?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It will be on Comedy Central, so they should be able to do some over the top stuff.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I just found out Game Boy had a Treehouse of Horror game released in 2001

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Nice graphics. Bart looks like he's moving in slow motion though.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:05 pm Nice graphics. Bart looks like he's moving in slow motion though.
But it wouldn't be a Simpsons game if the gameplay felt floaty and unresponsive!

It does look good though, I'll have to check that out.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:58 pm
Skynet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm There's no way it'll be anything like it was, surely?
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 pm It will be on Comedy Central, so they should be able to do some over the top stuff.
Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Adult Party Cartoon reboot back in 2003. I think the original series found its charm by having to dodge the censors at Nickelodeon.

That said, the last reboot was on SpikeTV, a channel not really known for high-caliber comedy. Comedy Central has had some good shows (i.e. Workaholics, Awkwafina) over the years, so they should have the capability to make it good.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Spike TV version was pretty bad.

John Kricfalusi won't be involved with this one, which is probably for the best.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:31 pm
It's time to make the Hannibal Buress Show a reality

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

But that is bad news, Hannibal and Eric are a good mix

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

One more :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I was hoping they would do more skits with Hannibal and Eric since Eric is too well known to get away with the public pranks now (which was why Tom Green had to quit and Jackass cut down on the public stunts in the movies) but I guess not. Oh well, they can always hire Hannibal's brother.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:47 pm
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:31 pm
It's time to make the Hannibal Buress Show a reality

The audience for this show is so young nobody got that they were doing a parody of the California Love remix music video.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 pm I was hoping they would do more skits with Hannibal and Eric since Eric is too well known to get away with the public pranks now (which was why Tom Green had to quit and Jackass cut down on the public stunts in the movies) but I guess not. Oh well, they can always hire Hannibal's brother.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: pure gold

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:11 am The audience for this show is so young nobody got that they were doing a parody of the California Love remix music video.
:olol: Except for that one guy in the group that makes it painfully clear that he loves old school rap at any opportunity.

I used to be that guy

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

NME wrote:So far, Action Bronson, Killer Mike, Henry Rollins and Mac DeMarco have all taken the bait, as has Chance the Rapper
I have high hopes for Henry Rollins and Mac DeMarco

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rollins could be funny because he takes himself so seriously. Like the Nardwuar interviews where he has no sense of humor. The others would definitely be in on the joke. So I guess they should stick to old people. Maybe do some left field shit like having on Oliver Stone, Troy Aikman or Bobby Brown.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

'Tosh.0' Canceled as Comedy Central Reverses 4-Season Renewal

The 12th and now final season will return in September with its last 10 episodes.

The Daniel Tosh era at Comedy Central is coming to an end.

In a shocking move, the ViacomCBS-owned cable network has reversed course on its January decision to renew the series for four more seasons. Instead, Tosh.0 will wrap its run with its 12th and now final season. The last 10 episodes return Sept. 15.

Sources say ViacomCBS is working with Team Tosh to shop the series to other outlets.

The decision arrives as Comedy Central, under ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Group president Chris McCarthy, has charted a new course for the cable network. The cabler's new strategy focuses on three areas of content: adult animation, topical series (The Daily Show) and comedic made-for-TV feature films. McCarthy has been aggressively mining the company's vault and rebooted animated series including Beavis and Butt-head, Ren & Stimpy and picked up a Daria spinoff, Jodie, as part of the strategy.

“I look forward to doing an animated reboot of my show on MTV in 25 years,” Tosh said in a statement Thursday.

The decision to reverse course on Tosh.0 arrives a day after Comedy Central did the same on the seventh season of Derek Waters' Emmy-nominated series Drunk History. That show, which began production on season seven before the pandemic, ended with its recently completed sixth season. Comedy Central this month also shipped live-action scripted comedies The Other Two and South Side to HBO Max, though it will move forward with the second season of Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens.

While ViacomCBS is in the midst of broadening out CBS All Access to feature content from across the company's portfolio, sources say The Other Two and South Side were not moved to the streaming service because they didn't fit with CEO Bob Bakish's plan to better integrate the platform with the company's linear networks. CBS All Access is best known as a home for procedurals and Star Trek and not a destination for comedy. That's a big reason why The Other Two and South Side didn't stay in the ViacomCBS ecosystem, and likely the same reason why Tosh.0 is being shopped vs. going to CBS All Access.

The January deal for Tosh.0 was for a whopping 80 new episodes that would have taken the show through its 16th season in 2024. The pact included an overall deal for comedian Tosh. The status of that pact is unclear. At the time, talks were underway for an unscripted series that Tosh would host and exec produce as well as a script deal for which he would serve as an exec producer. The renewal was overseen by Comedy Central heads of originals Sarah Babineau and Jonas Larsen, neither of whom remain at the network, which has seen a number of creatives depart amid a larger executive restructuring at parent company ViacomCBS.

On the linear network, Tosh.0 has ranked as the top original comedy Tuesdays among men 18-34 in every cable year since it launched. The January four-season renewal was not the first time the series has received a multiple-year pickup. Tosh.0 was renewed for three seasons back in 2018. The series will end its run after 11 y ears and more than 250 episodes, making it the longest-running weekly live-action show in Comedy Central's history. The series finale airs Nov. 24.

Source: The Hollywood Report