What have you been watching on TV?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by ian » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:20 am

grand tour special was great. I found it the best of the specials so far, it was like 3 good top gear French films in one single episode.

next up is season 4 of Aggretsuko. I REALLY hope this show can get back to the brilliance of season 1, it feels like each season gets worse and by the end of season 3 I was questioning if I would watch more, but not too much else I'm watching right now. Please let season 4 be good. Please.

Next week I'll have season 10 of letterkenny to watch. Letterkenny has developed a South Park season 10-20 trait where every second season is clearly worse, and even though the bad seasons are still good, the good season is just so much better. So I have high hopes for this next season.

After all that I suppose its just counting the days till more star wars's's... For all the star wars's's we're supposed to be getting, its sure taking a long fucking time to get more...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:06 pm

Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!

I actually watched it on TV tonight.
"Hey, another holiday special"

I can't remember the last show I watched fully on actual TV. But Foxtel has a South park pop up channel (cable TV for our international friends) and it didn't have ads during the episodes so I watched the entirety of my favourite south park episode of all time, and a few more.

Normally when I sit down and try actual TV I make it to the first fucking 20 minute ad break and while they dick around I simply put what was on TV on my computer, or a Bluray or DVD, or start downloading the whole series before the fucking ads finish.

I could stand a single ad 3-4 times DURING shows, and 5-6 between them, but any more and it's FUCK THIS I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME!

I've been saying for years to ditch the Foxtel, but the others like it, and for sports and movies it's still unbeaten outside of uncle torrences film collection.

I've seen a few Aggretsuko episodes so far, and season 4 is better than 3 and even 2 at this point, but it's not a show I could recommend anyone start to watch (outside of season 1 which remains fucking amazing). Will see how the remaining 5 episodes pan out.

And no, I'm not kidding about Merry Christmas Charlie Manson being my favourite episode of South Park. It's fucking hilarious from start to finish and has always been. Often times I retire south park episodes and seasons for years at a time, but any time of the year, if Merry Christmas Charlie Manson comes on or someone references it, I'll always make the time to watch it and always love it just as much.

Crossing the state line into Nebraska is so relatable. It's like leaving the east coast of Australia. Everything turns to dust, a banjo starts playing and there's a street sign that says nothing for the rest of the country.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Big fat quiz of the year.

Pretty crap this year. No David Mitchell, no Richard Ayoade and no Noel Fielding left it lacking.

The big fat quiz NEEDS at least one of them and preferably all of them.
-Two Interactive.