What have you been watching on TV?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by ian » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:27 pm

I finally finished season 1 of final space.
Only 2 years too late. Lmao.

Don’t know if I’ll watch season 2.
It was good, but I found myself happy with the ending of season 1 and I am sure more will completely ruin it.
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:27 am

I finally started watching Space Force. I was so happy to see Diedrich Bader, Dan Bakkedahl, Jimmy O. Yang and Fred Willard. Then got to the end of the first episode and found out that Fred Willard died. which was an AWW moment.
An AWW moment like when Christopher Evan Welch died after season 1 of Silicon Valley. :frown:

If it gets picked up for season 2, I'll probably watch more.
Hank Azaria not playing Apu on the Simpsons will make the role as irrelevant as the Simpsons has been as a series since 1999!

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:38 am

I watched the first episode of Lovecraft Country from HBO, I'd give it a solid B-. It was pretty good if you're into fantasy horror, or period pieces from 1950s Jim Crow-era America.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:47 am

watched the start of S32 of The Simpsons last night & oh dear god they have totally wrecked Carl Carlson with the new voice. It just sounds so wrong that I now kind of fear whats been done to other shows, when I watch new Family Guy what will Cleveland sound like, well hopefully better than Carl does. Political correctness & such gone absolutely mental, next they'll be calling for a real 10 year old boy to voice Bart

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am

I watched Console Wars, it was pretty good. There's a lot less technical information included, but the interviews were well done. Definitely worth it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:33 am

I saw Spitting Image and loved it even though I didn't understand 40% of the references to British political figures. But it was so mean it was still funny even when I didn't know. And all of the Trump stuff was hysterical.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:02 am

Sounds like the same sensation I feel when I try to watch full episodes of QI :olol: