Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 Nominations: Pearl Jam, Tupac, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Bad Brains

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 Nominations: Pearl Jam, Tupac, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Bad Brains

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Rock Hall 2017 Nominations: Pearl Jam, Tupac, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Bad Brains

Jane’s Addiction, Chic, the Cars, ELO, MC5, and Joan Baez are also up for induction

The list of 2017 nominees for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has arrived. Pearl Jam and Tupac Shakur have been nominated in their first year of eligibility (because their first recordings were released in 1991). Depeche Mode, Bad Brains, Jane’s Addiction, Electric Light Orchestra, and Joan Baez were also nominated this year for the first time. Previous nominees Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Chic, Chaka Khan, MC5, and the Cars were nominated once again this year. Find all the nominees below. The 2017 inductees will be announced in December.

Nine Inch Nails and the Smiths, who were nominated for the last two years in a row, were not nominated this year. This year marks the 11th time Chic have been nominated.

Bad Brains
The Cars
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J. Geils Band
Jane’s Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
Tupac Shakur
Yes
The Zombies

Earlier this year, Kendrick Lamar inducted N.W.A. The group declined to perform and during their speech, they responded on stage to Kiss’ Gene Simmons saying that hip-hop doesn’t belong in the Rock Hall. The ceremony also made headlines after Steve Miller expressed his distaste with the organization just after giving his induction speech.

Next year’s ceremony will take place in April at the Barclays Center in New York. It will once again be aired on HBO.

Source: Pitchfork

Depeche Mode & Kraftwerk!

A great list of nominees.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 Nominations: Pearl Jam, Tupac, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Bad Brains

Post by Big Boss Man »

Im thinking Janet will get the nod this hear and Pac will get inducted along with Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, ELO, Pearl Jam, Chic, Journey and Chaka.

Edit - Weirdly I thought I typed Duran Duran earlier instead of Depeche Mode and there aren't even nominated!! :oshocked:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 Nominations: Pearl Jam, Tupac, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Bad Brains

Post by Bandit »

I'd vote for Pac, Jane's Addiction, Janet, DM, Kraftwerk and MC5.

Pearl Jam will 100% get in but I wouldn't vote for them. They had a few songs I liked like Corduroy, I Got id, Not For You and Animal. But they were pretty generic. But their album sales will get them in. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in America they were fucking massive for 5 years.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I've read/heard MC5 are the outside bet for an induction because of their proto-Punk sound and influence on Iggy & The Stooges et al. I wouldn't rule out Chic because of Nile Rodgers still being relevant today by working with Pharrell, Daft Punk et al. Chaka might get in but maybe they should have went Rufus & Chaka instead. Pac seems a given. Kraftwerk because of their influence on electronic music. Jeff Lynne/ELO will probably go into too.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I say put the following in:
Depeche Mode Simply for Just can't get enough.
Journey Simply for Any way you want it.
Kraftwerk Simply for computer love.
MC5 simply for kick out the Jams

I'd say put Electric Light Orchestra in.. But long after the rock and roll hall of fame doesn't exist anymore, And indeed it is the end of all time... Jeff Lynne will still be the same age as he was in 1970 when the band formed!!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Pearl Jam, Tupac Shakur, Journey, Yes, Electric Light Orchestra and Joan Baez will all join the class of 2017. Chic's Nile Rodgers will be given the Award For Musical Excellence.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

As predicted almost. Janet snubbed again though. Considering she influenced J Lo, Britney et al I think she deserves to go in. Plus she managed to make a name for herself and not ride on Mikes coat tails. I think MJ said he didn't want Bad out in 86 because Janet was tearing it up with the Control LP.