WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Hawq »

Been a while since I watched much from NXT, usually skim to see if anythings of interest, couple of things from night 1 of this takeover, night 2 was better
night 1
Walter v Ciampa - As usual with Walter it was a good showing, not sure if I remember seeing a match that dissapointed with him, few short ones where he squashed people maybe
Pete Dunne v Kushida - Bloody bood fun, I'm detecting a theme of the NXT UK guys doing some of the best matches here certainly on night 1 anways, technically sound as expected & a good knock down scrap

night 2
Breezango vs. Killian Dain & Drake Maverick - Always nice to see what Spuds up to & this from the kick off shot was decently entertaining though I never expect them to do as much with him as TNA did of course but it was fun
Cruiserweight Championship - well there was only 1 champ in the match really, the US paper champ didn't count as everyone knows the real champ was Jordan Devlin, apart from the American crowd/audience it seems, is it bad that the paper champ got the belt in the end? well yes but it was a fun match at least & I enjoyed watching it especially that moonsault from the tiop of the ladder
NXT Championship - cant fault it, technically fine & enjoyable, not much else to say other than it kept the fun level up, unlike the womens title before which I skipped as I didnt enjoy it
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly (Unsanctioned Match) - By far the longest match of the night, of both I think, & definatly worth the wait, now I have no vested interest in what led up to it or in the outcome as I dont care that much but by god I had a big smile on my face watching it, bonud points to whoever was in charge of pulling the struts from the ramp so it would collapse as that bit looked fantastic & gave me something else I dont remember seeing before

Not sure its gonna make me sit down each week to watch though

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

night 1 of mania down, night 2 to watch later (hopefully timed right to go strait into Raw). Night 1 was not quite what I was expecting but I have a few thoguhts on some bits I can remember
Storm delay - well that padded the runtime & gave a sense of panic backstage & rushing people out to do promo bits, guess it gave us a chance to see who could improve a promo piece though with Lashly & McIntyre pulling it off rather well & speaking of them
Lashly v McIntyre - I'll be honest I expected to have to wait for this one so it felt very much like the womens title was meant to kick off but got swapped for this, I'm not complaining as this was a damn fine match that was fun to watch (then again with these 2 having knocked seven bells out of each other in both wwe & TNA I wouldnt expect anything less)
Womens Tag Team Turmoil - well it was fine, I wasnt expecting a huge amount to be fair but I have no real complaints
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins - OK anytime you see Rollins get the crap kicked out of him is good (why did they have him return as an even bigger jerk? ) the amount of squirming of of the swing just made it feel even better when he get it as well, I liked it
Raw Tag Team Championship - So the long awaited official in ring debut of Omos who New Day didnt seem to want much to do with (the size of him who can blame then) I guess the end was predictable as the guys almost big enough to squase a car never mind another man but again it was enjoyable to watch (could this be the first ppv for a long time with more ups than downs? )
Shane McMahon vs. Braun Strowman (Steel Cage Match) - Tommy from the Who song coulda told you how this was gonna end but the fun was in seeing how it got there of course, not as brutal as I would have liked but then its the PG era (even if they claim it isnt anymore) but still fun wating Shane get squased
Bad Bunny & Damian Priest vs. The Miz & John Morrison - For the life of me I stll have no clue who Bad Bunny is or what he does but at least its been an intersting angle using him to make a decent enoutgh story, even if this match only had 1 & a half teams of wrestlets & you could tell before it started that Miz & Morrison were going down
SmackDown Women's Championship - Well it existed, a title change & I dont remember a lot else about it, they'd have been better off switching the position of this & the Shane/Strowman match in my option to give a stronger close to night 1

Wonder if night 2 will be better or worse

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Rhea should have won a year ago.
Main event was pretty ok.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bray: perfectly fine after being burned.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well night 2 happened

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton - I was all set for a hell of a kick off to night 2 & then Bliss bled black goo from her eyes & it was over as Bray was distracted, might be interesting to see where its going but for now it was a let down
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn - guess it was OK, coulda fit on a regular show though so nothing special
United States Championship -- Riddle vs. Sheamus - A sound enjoyable match, felt a bit like an exteneded TV one like the Owens match though
Intercontinental Championship -- Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews (Nigerian Drum Fight) - Oh WWE ever since you went PG you just cant call anything hardcore anymore can you? so we get drum fights & the like, it wasnt that bad really just nothing like what certain other companies would do with the same ingrediants, fun enough though
Raw Women's Championship -- Asuka (c) vs. Rhea Ripley - I'll be honest this was the only womens match on the show I remember anything about & even then its not a lot, dont get me wrong it was fine & both competiters are good at what they do but the woments matches just didnt really grab my attntion that much
Universal Championship -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan - well we had the standard interference, team up then betray the other guy & everything else you expect from a tripple threat, it ticked most if not al the boxes & was quite nice & I was kinda unsure if they were going for a title change or not at a few points, problem is Romans too good a heel champ atm

It may be bad but as I went into Raw 20 minutes after wathing mania I got a similar feeling from some of the matches that I did watching some of the mania ones, does that mean Raw has upped its game or that they phoned it in a bit at mania?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I really hope Joe goes to AEW.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Joe, Billie & Payton being released is a bit of a surprise.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:51 pm Joe, Billie & Payton being released is a bit of a surprise.
I thought maybe Payton asked to be released in solidarity with Billie since they're childhood friends, but apparently Vince made the call to release her too.

They thought Joe was too expensive as an announcer still making his wrestling salary.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Peyton & Billie will probably end up in AEW. Peyton going to the same company as her husband. Billie's not a great wrestler but she's a good character.

Hopefully Joe ends up in AEW as well.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:25 pm Peyton & Billie will probably end up in AEW. Peyton going to the same company as her husband. Billie's not a great wrestler but she's a good character.

Hopefully Joe ends up in AEW as well.

Maybe Dustin can help her.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He probably can. I remember her having some good matches in Shimmer.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I just learned that in June the WWE name will have lasted longer than the WWF name.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They were WWF for 23 years and WWE for 19 years so far. WWE has beaten WWWF by a few years.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Wrestling Inc. has learned that WWE has fired Senior Director of Talent Relations Mark Carrano.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

What in the fuck

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's weird but pretty funny.